Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 08-14-2012, 05:49 PM

Unhappy Post Release Control Violations Ohio

Here is the entire story. I met a man 2 months ago who had been out of prison for 4 months after serving 8 years. He had at least one felony 1. He plead guilty to 13 felonies. So he is on mandatory PRC for 5 years. In the 6 months he was out he had 4 dirty drug screens for pot. He got sanctioned for all 4. After 2 dirty drug tests they told him he had to go to a halfway house. He broke his arm and no place would accept him. 2 of the dirty UAs were at my PO's office in a different county. He got sanctioned for being with me. He also got a violation for leaving the APA office when they say they told him not too. He says someone told him he could leave. He got a violation for "attempting to sell a prescription medication". He got a violation for not going to an out patient treatment he was ordered to complete. Altogether he has 7 violations. His PO issued a warrant and the APA came and arrested him. Again, this was my PO, not his who showed up. They kept him in the county jail for about 11 days. Now they have moved him to the corrections reception center for a parole board hearing. He has a rare blood disorder that he takes chemo meds for. These are very expensive medications and he will die without them. He is hoping the cost of the meds will deter them from putting him back in prison. So, will he go to a halfway house, rehab, or back to prison? I would just like to have an idea of what will happen and how long he will have to be gone. It took us almost a week just to find out where they took him. He is having serious re-adjustment issues. Will they recognize this and consider it?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2012, 06:12 PM
Always Remembered

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,835 Times in 11,078 Posts

If he survived prison the first time with his rare blood disorder, he will again. And frankly, with that many violations I can't believe he hasn't already been rolled up!

Listen girl, I know it's not what you asked, but you only have 2 months invested here . . . and you know from just what you've written, that he's going to be in and out and in and out of prison. Cut your losses and let him GO! This shouldn't be your problem.
patchouli (08-14-2012)
Old 08-14-2012, 08:08 PM

Statistically he will not go back. The last time was his 3rd number. He was doing more with his life this time than ever before. And he has never had a reason to want to do the right thing. He is mine and was made for me. I know this without a doubt. And his blood disorder was diagnosed in prison, not long before his release, when it caused him to have 5 heart attacks. Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. I am just taking it day by day for now.....
Old 08-14-2012, 08:17 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,587 Times in 16,375 Posts

Quote:
He is hoping the cost of the meds will deter them from putting him back in prison. So, will he go to a halfway house, rehab, or back to prison?
If he's under the impression that his meds will keep him out of prison, IHMO he's in for a rude awakening. If that's why he racked up 7 violations in 4 months, he clearly needs an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
He got a violation for "attempting to sell a prescription medication".
In ky, that's new charge = more time.

One thing I noticed in your post: you have a PO; he has a PO. One stipulation of probation and/or parole is to not associate with other felons. If you haven't been violated, you're lucky. If the PO's don't slam both of you with a no-contact order, your even luckier.

Good luck to you both

Welcome to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (08-15-2012)
Old 08-15-2012, 06:09 AM

The medical issue will not keep him out of prison. So take that off the table. I agree with the other posters, he's looking at getting some significant time back. He's been out only 4 or 6 mos, and has all those violations. I would completely disagree with your statement "Statistically he will not go back. The last time was his 3rd number. He was doing more with his life this time than ever before." Clearly, he has gone back. He's in reception, and I find it hard to believe that the board will just release him with such a poor adjustment in the short time he's been out. And if you're saying that he's been "doing more with his life this time than ever before", this leads me to believe that he was an even worse parolee/probationer/inmate previously, so these most recent violations will not serve to bolster his image in the eyes of the board. He's racking up a violation a month (a violation that he's been caught for). Unofficially, the assumption is that he's probably committing at least 3-4 times, if not more, violations that he's not been caught for. That may also be in the back of the mind of the board members. In short, he's not doing all he can to stay out, seems like he doesn't have much of an interest in staying out (see 7 violations in 6 mos), is disobeying the PO in any number of ways. He's a poor candidate for future supervision, and I wouldn't be surprised if the board agreed with that assessment.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VA PO For This Useful Post:
nimuay (08-15-2012), patchouli (08-15-2012)