Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:22 PM

Default Life's simple treasures/My day is good, hearing from him makes it better

So today me and some friends took a spontaneous trip to the beach. We rode the waves, walked the boardwalk, ate unhealthy foods and enjoyed the sun in all of its glory. With all of that however, the best part of my day and what I looked forward to the most, was coming home and getting a letter from my loved one. I'm sure most of you with husbands and boyfriends incarcerated can relate. When you can't see them or talk to them as often as you like, it's the simple things like a letter in your mailbox that can bring so much joy. My days are good, but hearing from him makes them better
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C_Lewis For This Useful Post:
delilah19 (08-13-2015), Igeewa (08-16-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2015, 07:38 PM

Everyday it is all that gets me through is planning for and waiting for the phone to ring with his name on it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delilah19 For This Useful Post:
Daddy's gurl.. (08-13-2015), Igeewa (08-16-2015)
Old 08-13-2015, 09:01 PM
Account Closed

I know the feeling all to well. I love hearing from my boy! On those days that I don't hear from him I swear it feels like the world is ending. Lol. I get very agitated and somewhat depressed. This is how I know it's true love. He makes me happy in ways that's unexplainable. When I don't speak or get a letter from him, I complain to my friends and they don't seem to understand why I'm complaining. They think I'm going crazy. But only someone in my shoes can understand the feeling. Every time the phone rings I'm praying its him. At one point I use to hate checking my mailbox because of all the bills in it. Now I look forward to opening it. Perhaps I am crazy in love!!!
Old 08-13-2015, 09:39 PM

Thanked 1,912 Times in 950 Posts

I'm going through a lot right now. Hearing his voice would probably settle my anxiety and nerves to a point where I felt like I was safe for a moment. I miss him. I think my man's unit has been on lockdown so I can't wait to just talk to him and tell him what's going on. Oh and next week I get to visit him. So, that is also a bonus. Hearing from him def. makes my days better and brighter. He is my sunshine.
C_Lewis (08-15-2015)
Old 08-15-2015, 04:11 PM

He's in the SHU, so we only get to talk on the phone once a month. He called his mom this month, so I won't get to speak with him again until Sept. We write letters back and forth and I look forward to coming home and reading a letter.

I understand how you feel Cutepixie. I got to visit my loved this week and it helped. We were going thru some things and it was so good to talk things out with him face to face. I'm happy you get to visit him! Hope everything works out and they are off lockdown.
Old 08-15-2015, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy's gurl.. View Post
At one point I use to hate checking my mailbox because of all the bills in it. Now I look forward to opening it.
Ha ha ha! I'm the same way. I get such a joy going to the mail box and have gained a new form of respect for the mail man!