Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:47 PM

Question California: JPay sending stamps or prepaid reply?

Hi, so I have a pen pal at a California prison (SATF) and he says that itís much better for him if I send him some stamps instead of prepaid emails (which is what I usually do) because that way he can write me from his cell instead of having to use the kiosk (?) in the day room where they only get a certain time to read and respond to messages. Is this true? Would it be better if I sent stamps to him instead of a prepaid message? Any insight would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2019, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleopatra95 View Post
Hi, so I have a pen pal at a California prison (SATF) and he says that itís much better for him if I send him some stamps instead of prepaid emails (which is what I usually do) because that way he can write me from his cell instead of having to use the kiosk (?) in the day room where they only get a certain time to read and respond to messages. Is this true? Would it be better if I sent stamps to him instead of a prepaid message? Any insight would be appreciated
Personally I would stick with the prepaid. With prepaid he can only use it to respond back to you, if you just send stamps he can use them for whoever he wants.

The Following User Says Thank You to Amandainohio For This Useful Post:
Sunnielg (07-28-2019)
Old 08-05-2019, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandainohio View Post
Personally I would stick with the prepaid. With prepaid he can only use it to respond back to you, if you just send stamps he can use them for whoever he wants.
Thanks for the reply . I thought about and I decided Iíll just send him 20 or so stamps from time to time. I donít actually think I care about who he uses them on. I buy 60 at a time for $10, so itís not a big deal. Iíd rather he write in his own cell than out in the day room.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:07 AM

I send my guy stamps so he can write whoever. I would also tell him, if I were you, that he can just ask for stamps. And that you know it's nice for him to talk to people outside and that you want that for him". This way you can start the honesty train going and see if he's one to be honest or come up with stories/excuses for you to do things for him.
The Following User Says Thank You to DailyLimitReach For This Useful Post:
Cleopatra95 (08-06-2019)
Old 08-06-2019, 06:21 AM

If it helps ease your mind, he is telling the truth. With pre-paid he has to respond then and there, when he opens your email, so depending how much time he gets at the kiosk he might not have time to read and then reply. Same with pre-paid videos.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pebbles0427 For This Useful Post:
Cleopatra95 (08-06-2019)
Old 08-06-2019, 07:39 AM

Yeah we’re just pen pals and I really care for him so I want him to be able to write other people if that’s what he wants haha. I will let him know that he can ask for stamps whenever he needs them, though. Yeah I think he’s only limited to 15 or 20 minutes and I do write some very long emails! Since I’ve sent him the stamps, I’ve gotten much longer emails back and it’s been super nice. He’s never given me a reason to think he was being dishonest or anything with me, so I’ll just trust him until he gives me a reason not too . Also, his cell is so much cooler than the day room and I remember with the heatwaves, I didn’t want him to be out there swearing like mad and writing me, you know? Thanks guys xx
Old 08-06-2019, 07:42 AM

He’s also literally never asked me for anything. I’ve offered to buy him books or put a few dollars on his books so he can get something nice from the canteen and he’s always always turned it down. This was the first time ever he asked for something and I could give it, so why not!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cleopatra95 For This Useful Post:
DailyLimitReach (08-08-2019), Itshardtowait (08-06-2019)