Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Old 08-01-2020, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frees View Post
If they could get away with keeping them alive without having to feed them and still get paid they would. Huuuuge problem in this U.S.

That bologna is actually soy and is not good for men or women to be eating (totally forced) especially as often as they are. The only ones getting turkey or chicken are pregnant inmates and that isn't everywhere. Plus pregnant women have to earn that meat. No jokes.

That's really sad because my husband has gout and he has to stay away from lunch meats. I still for the life of me don't understand how the prisons in America are so inhumane. I read an article about China's inhumane treatment of its prisoners and how America is touting that china is like the holocaust here is the article: https://worldtruth.tv/there-is-a-hol...uding-the-nba/ Anyway to my point what makes America any different to china in how it treats it's prisoners? This really sickens me.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2020, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marseille View Post
I donít know... Iím on weight watchers and I weigh my food. Two ounces is what my turkey package says is a serving size and it makes a good size sandwich. The extra slices of bread seemed unnecessary though.

This doesnít sound all that bad for a mid-day meal.
You never had that mystery meat for lunch. I have and trust me there is not one good thing about it. They might say it's turkey,chicken or whatever they called it but it was and probably still is a mystery.
Old 08-02-2020, 12:18 AM

ņLet me say something, this thread is a lil old but still relevant back in the 70's and pretty much until the early 90's the food in cdc was ok, we use to pretty much once weekly get steak, I mean the real deal. Pork chops and real veggies. Lunches were hot yes hot. Things were a lot different. In the early 90's it started changing. The only time you saw a steak was when Sacramento was in the house, the prison had to show we were being feed great. Then it stopped completely. Pork chops stopped it all stopped. Sundays dessert were ice cream sandwiches. But I'm just saying you did get 3 hots and a cot. I can't even imagine what it's like now. I've been out over 20yrs.

Last edited by Francis213; 08-02-2020 at 12:22 AM.. Reason: Correction
Old 08-02-2020, 08:05 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 32,631 Times in 16,329 Posts

one time I visited SQ with my son in a program like scared straight.
They take the kids (with a parent along) and basically tour the prison. They then do a sit down type of deal. Most of the inmates were lifers. All of them were great with the kids. Called them out on behavior, crimes they have already committed (the youth)
We were fed a lunch. Same ones the inmates get.
All I can recall was.......it was a 2 slices bread. packet of jelly, packet of peanut butter. A piece of fruit (I think orange) and something to drink....maybe koolaid?
served in a brown paper bag.
no utensils to spread around the PBJ. Had to sort of smear it on the bread, which I think was just wonderbread type bread.
We were told this was lunch. Pretty much everyday.

Old 08-02-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis213 View Post
ņLet me say something, this thread is a lil old but still relevant back in the 70's and pretty much until the early 90's the food in cdc was ok, we use to pretty much once weekly get steak, I mean the real deal. Pork chops and real veggies. Lunches were hot yes hot. Things were a lot different. In the early 90's it started changing. The only time you saw a steak was when Sacramento was in the house, the prison had to show we were being feed great. Then it stopped completely. Pork chops stopped it all stopped. Sundays dessert were ice cream sandwiches. But I'm just saying you did get 3 hots and a cot. I can't even imagine what it's like now. I've been out over 20yrs.
Do you think this has anything to do with inmate employment vs outside employment?
Old Yesterday, 03:06 PM

You know what I find funny other than they still have not passed out cleaning supplies or masks.... the packages/cantine are still open and considered essential (they even increased the amount of packages you can send due to covid) while at the same time they are cutting back on the essentials THEY provide. I would bitch about the nutrition all day every day. 2 slices of bread... Slave labor jobs in shitty conditions, can't buy themselves anything and those bastards want to cut back 2 slices of shitty bread. They should have 24 hour access to phones just to call to report the shit conditions. My favorite is when they let menstruating women bleed for a week in dirty pants and no pads or tampons. That's my favorite. Shutting the toilets off for weeks is another. They are creating the problems...I would be pissed.

Last edited by frees; Yesterday at 03:12 PM.. Reason: bastards felt like better wording.