Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Texas Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 03-31-2020, 02:06 AM

Default Calls restricted by securus

Ok I have a problem(again) my phone was approved for calls but come to find out Securus has a block on it from a bill from 2017. Which isnít mine Iíve reached out to both Securus(with no luck) and I canít get an e-mail reply from the Texas Prison Phone Enrollment center to dispute the charges. Are there any other ways to receive calls other than going through Securus(and yes I know about the free calls for now but with everything going on theyíre not enough).
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2020, 06:34 AM

Isn't securus prepaid you put the money on before they can call you it depends on the facility what company they use you can call the facility and see what other company they use
Old 03-31-2020, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambermarshall11 View Post
Isn't securus prepaid you put the money on before they can call you it depends on the facility what company they use you can call the facility and see what other company they use
They are now so I donít know how I have a block. But Iíll call the facility... didnít know they would be able to provide that type of info...thanks.
Old 03-31-2020, 12:02 PM

Mine is able to transfer money from his books. I add phone money to him that way. Can yours?
Old 03-31-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob's Girl View Post
Mine is able to transfer money from his books. I add phone money to him that way. Can yours?
Like buy a prepaid card from commissary? Because we tried that and still nothing? Do you have a block from Securus?
Old 03-31-2020, 04:38 PM

Oh okay in Nys we can't do that they don't pay for the phone calls I wish lol we have to put it on our selves
Old 03-31-2020, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsjnm3 View Post
Like buy a prepaid card from commissary? Because we tried that and still nothing? Do you have a block from Securus?
The way his works, I add money to his books and he transfers it over to the phone when he wants to. The only time I've been "blocked" is when there was no money on my end. So technically I'm blocked right now b/c there's no money on Securus for my number, but if I added money, I would be active again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jacob's Girl For This Useful Post:
Mrsjnm3 (03-31-2020)