Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Texas Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 06-20-2010, 05:22 PM

Default Visitation & Call List

Hello Everyone,
My boyfriend and I just completed a common law form and I have been planning on visiting my boyfriend for months. I have always been on his visitation list but I received a letter stating that I have been placed on the disapproval list because my information on the list was faulse. So I have been removed for 6 months and he is unable to call me for the same amount. I received a letter from him and he stated that when he first went in he had put down as his sister so we could hava a contact visit and he forgot to change it. Will someone please let me if there is anything that I can do to remove the 6 month suspension.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2010, 09:56 PM
3-8-1+6

All i can suggest you do is call up there and talk to someone in Inmate Records. But they are pretty firm on their decisions

GOod Luck
Old 06-20-2010, 10:27 PM

In this case since there had been some type of epidemic with people lying just to get contact visits they most likely wont change it..Sucks I know but people mess it up for others when they try to play the system..I would be glad that they only gave u 6 months some people have gotten far more time for this...goodluck!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to 3_thehardway For This Useful Post:
britecloud (06-21-2010)
Old 06-21-2010, 01:19 AM
Mostly Shopping

Consider yourself lucky you two didn't get more than a six month visit suspension!
When will people learn to be honest, that contact visits are not worth it?
The Following User Says Thank You to ShoesHappen For This Useful Post:
dianam1972 (06-21-2010)
Old 06-21-2010, 07:05 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,488 Times in 836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad View Post
Consider yourself lucky you two didn't get more than a six month visit suspension!
When will people learn to be honest, that contact visits are not worth it?
there's no need to be rude.
from the OP's statement, boyfriend did this without her knowledge or consent and she is just trying to get info on what steps to take next.

Unfortunately, Queen, what people are telling you is right on the money. Alot of couples do try to break this rule, and TDCJ comes down hard and fast on them. You can try to appeal, but I doubt you'd have much success. Six months is a light punishment in their eyes, from what I've seen on this board, a year is standard.

I'm sorry you wont be able to vist...write alot, and make sure boyfriend chalks it up as a lesson learned.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:08 AM
Mostly Shopping

I'm not rude, just stating the obvious. And whether he did it with her consent or not doesn't change the fact that people need to learn to abide by the rules without trying to circumvent them, whether they post on this board or not...
Old 06-21-2010, 09:27 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,488 Times in 836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad View Post
I'm not rude, just stating the obvious. And whether he did it with her consent or not doesn't change the fact that people need to learn to abide by the rules without trying to circumvent them, whether they post on this board or not...
again, this is something the boyfriend did, not the OP. she didnt break the rules and she isnt asking to have the obvious restated- just wants to know what to do now. try and remember not everyone knows as much about TDCJ as you do.

people come here for support- not more finger-wagging. a little consideration for another's feelings is always nice.

Last edited by britecloud; 06-21-2010 at 09:30 AM..
Old 06-21-2010, 03:32 PM

Well all I can say is that your boy got stuck on stupid and now you've got to pay the price. I used to see that over and over, and I did it to my mom once becuz I got into a fight on the unit and got my visits suspended for 90 days. That was a hard lesson becuz it hurt my mom more than it hurt me even though I was the one that messed up. I hope seeing how this affects you teaches him that he can't do stuff like this nomore.

And I'm even more sorry to say that appealing won't help. I have yet to see an appeal on visitation suspensions get overturned, I'm sorry. Don't forget to tell your boy that when the 6 months is up he's gotta put you back on his list since they took you off, or else you won;t be able to visit then either.

I hope I'm not coming off as harsh on you like that other lady cuz I know you didn't do nothing and if I am I'm sorry I don't mean to be. I just don't like to see people do dumb stuff like this and make their family suffer.

Last edited by SaintzFan99; 06-21-2010 at 03:42 PM.. Reason: thought of something else to say
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaintzFan99 For This Useful Post:
britecloud (06-21-2010), KathleenTX (06-21-2010)
Old 06-21-2010, 07:16 PM
Texas and Ohio
Donation Award 

I do not think that I would even go for the appeal. Just think how wonderful it is going to be at Christmas time! What a present you will both be for each other. I personally find that you can learn so many things when you write. So sit back, pamper yourself a bit.

Did you all finish the common law marriage or not? Just curious. Regardless, I would make him use this time to court you through the mail. I know that it a pain for you and seriously it does not matter who did what. It's done and over. I would spend the next 6 months changing something about me - not necessarily a big thing but just doing something positive. It will go fast.

My daughter's guy has not had a contact visit for four years. He gets out next Monday. But my mailman is on first name basis with the family now. And they have learned so much about each other. Like trying to win an argument through the mail where they can't interrupt each other.

Do not listen to any negative - just turn it into a positive!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KathleenTX For This Useful Post:
britecloud (06-21-2010), Lupe (06-22-2010)
Old 06-22-2010, 09:25 AM
Blessed Mom
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,542 Times in 1,745 Posts

I'm inclined to believe, given the circumstances, that they won't easily add you as his wife so you better make sure you have documentation to support your common law affidavit or risk losing your visitation privileges again and it may be a year next time. If it's a lie, DO NOT send it in. There are other ways to get contact visits but it will take time. My husband and I applied for a special relationship before we got married because we didn't want to lie and so we had contact visits years before we were ever married. Hope that helps.

I claim 2013 will be our best year thus far!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ReggiesLady For This Useful Post:
SaintzFan99 (06-22-2010)
Old 06-22-2010, 01:58 PM
Mostly Shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintzFan99 View Post
Well all I can say is that your boy got stuck on stupid and now you've got to pay the price.
Haha! Nice way to put that!!!
Like I said above, I hope someday people will read all those threads about getting caught lying on the visitor list and realize that lying is not worth it! Whether it's the offender or the visitor giving false information! All it does is get them in trouble and mess it up for others who don't do anything wrong.
Some people may feel the need to attack me about my point of view, but I stand by it ... lying is not worth it! You will always get caught!

Last edited by ShoesHappen; 06-22-2010 at 01:59 PM..
Old 06-22-2010, 02:41 PM

Well I believe when a door closes a window opens. Sorry for your lost of visits for the 6 months, I'm sure he feels terrible but writing is such a great way to communicate and I agree you get to know each other better. WE'll be here to support you. Vent away. (Hugs)
Old 06-22-2010, 11:42 PM

RAD where were you being attacked? I only saw someone preventing you from attacking the person who didn't do anything and was looking for advice. Of course lying isn't worth it, but make sure you chew out the LIAR and not the person AFFECTED by the lying!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaintzFan99 For This Useful Post:
britecloud (06-23-2010), KathleenTX (06-23-2010)