Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Texas Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:00 PM
Account Closed

Default His phone account suspended????

Ok so where do I start.....lets see his unit went on lockdown in February and during that time he was sent to medical in Galveston for his teeth. He was gone about 10 days and when he arrived back at Coffield he was placed in H wing which is SEG as an unassigned transient. SO yes that means we still had no calls. As of yesterday he was sent to N wing and attempted to call me twice but after speaking with Securus I find out that his account was suspended through TDCJ.So I call the unit and she explains that sometimes when they are on the move that Huntsville will suspend their accounts. WHY??? Anybody know? Well Supposedly Captain somebody was going to look into it for me but what else can I do? I sent an email to the Ombudsman office but seriously it has been a month since we last spoke on the phone and i want to scream I miss him so much!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2011, 12:20 PM

They always suspend their accounts when they are in transent. It happened to us last year when my hubby went to Galveston for his foot. He got back on a Friday and his account was unsuspended on Monday. But I called everyone I could because at the time I didn't know what was going on. He just had a friends mom call and tell me he was okay and he was back and he would call me when the phone was fixed. I didn't even know he was gone! LOL. I had surgery that same week so we were both kind of freaking out. I finally got a hold of a women in the ombudsman office and she said that she would look into for me and call me back. She actually did about 3 hours later and told me what the deal was and that it would be restored in a couple of hours. When they are in transent they are suspended. I got a call that night. So I'm guessing once he's not on transient status anymore, they will be restored.

Last edited by luvinhim24/7; 03-18-2011 at 12:21 PM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to luvinhim24/7 For This Useful Post:
*EM-n-FM* (03-18-2011), britecloud (03-18-2011), Y25 (03-21-2011)
Old 03-18-2011, 10:20 PM
Account Closed

I hope I hearfrom him soon....i called Ombudsmans office today and was told new rule everything hadto be in writing. I emailed her the issue and his info and mine so Im praying that I hear something Monday. She stated it could be 10 days to get a response but it would more like 3-4 days ugh. Well Monday i will be calling to check on this at the unit because one of the Captains was going to try and get it resolved. Please please let me get a call soon