Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > SOUTH CAROLINA > South Carolina Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

South Carolina Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the South Carolina Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:04 AM
Account Closed

Default Inmate Telephone Help Desk Phone Number

I got a call back yesterday from the Inmate Telephone Help Desk and the guy said he had reported my issue to the GTL rep. for Lieber. He also told me that each institution has an Institutional Telephone Coordinator that problems can be reported to. You should call your loved one's institution and ask to speak to the telephone coordinator if you are having problems.

Also, you can call the Inmate Telephone Help Desk at 803-896-1759. They should in turn call GTL to report the problem. I would recommend calling both to cover your bases.

Hope this helps someone.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2011, 09:14 AM

Are you still having issues with your calls? I wonder if they really do anything with all the complaints or just put them in a pile...they are making their money off the calls whether they get dropped or not so do they actually care to fix it??

Allendale should be switching this week (on Thursday) so I have printed your post and am ready to make those calls if need be.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:42 AM
Account Closed

Somehow magically it started working again Friday night after being screwed up all day Friday. I haven't had any issues since then, but I felt the help desk needed to know about the issues.

I should have mentioned the 803-896-1759 is for SCDC's Inmate Telephone Help Desk. That is not an internal GTL number. That number goes to someone at SCDC who deals with inmate telephone issues.