Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Texas Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:38 PM

Default Securus Issues

Is anyone else having problems with calls coming through Securus? My husband tried calling twice and it wouldn't let me accept by pressing "1".

I called the company, and they said they've been having issues all day and they're working on the problem. Hopefully it's resolved by tomorrow.

Just a heads up in case anyone else is worrying about their LO.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Love will get us threw it

I haven't heard from my husband since Sunday and that is VERY unusual. He calls me everyday even if it is just for 1 minute to say he loves me, and he calls several times during the day while I am at work which is his way of saying he is thinking of me and he loves me, but NO calls since Sunday! I called the unit and they said they are not on lockdown and they didn't know of any phone issues, I talked to Medical and he has not been there, I emailed Embarq and they claim there are no phone issues or issues with his # or my phone line, and I checked with Securus and my line is clear. I am extremely worried and concerned as to why he hasn't called. If anyone else has heard anything please let me know. I even sent him a Jpay yesterday about some news on my doctor's appointment and for him to call me as soon as he got that message and he still has not called. He is at Ellis Unit by the way so if anyone else has or hasn't heard from their loved ones from there please let me know.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:03 PM
[link=http://www.TickerFa

We've had that problem before as well and my husband is in Briscoe. What happened was his cell mate was on restriction and they accidently keyed it on him instead. I was just like you very concerned and scared because he always calls me. Anyway, it took about a week and a half before it ever got cleared up. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerose212 View Post
I haven't heard from my husband since Sunday and that is VERY unusual. He calls me everyday even if it is just for 1 minute to say he loves me, and he calls several times during the day while I am at work which is his way of saying he is thinking of me and he loves me, but NO calls since Sunday! I called the unit and they said they are not on lockdown and they didn't know of any phone issues, I talked to Medical and he has not been there, I emailed Embarq and they claim there are no phone issues or issues with his # or my phone line, and I checked with Securus and my line is clear. I am extremely worried and concerned as to why he hasn't called. If anyone else has heard anything please let me know. I even sent him a Jpay yesterday about some news on my doctor's appointment and for him to call me as soon as he got that message and he still has not called. He is at Ellis Unit by the way so if anyone else has or hasn't heard from their loved ones from there please let me know.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iloveyoutaurean For This Useful Post:
purplerose212 (01-26-2012), so sad (02-13-2012)
Old 01-26-2012, 07:57 AM
Love will get us threw it

Well he finally called last night. He is in one of his depressed moods and that was why he hadn't called. I hate when he does that.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:13 AM
Donation Award 

I am having the same problem with the call going through.
I press #1, but the call just keeps repeating the option and eventually hangs up.
SO FRUSTRATING!
Old 01-31-2012, 11:40 PM
One day at a time...
Donation Award 

Yes, we have had that happen, but not recently. We just kept calling securis. What they told us is to call them right away, and if it cuts out during the call(one person can hear but the other one can't) don't wait it out but to hang up and call them right then so that they can isolate the problem.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloveyoutaurean View Post
We've had that problem before as well and my husband is in Briscoe. What happened was his cell mate was on restriction and they accidently keyed it on him instead. I was just like you very concerned and scared because he always calls me. Anyway, it took about a week and a half before it ever got cleared up. Good luck.

My son is in Briscoe and we keep having problems with the call being terminated because it says "no third party calls allowed" when I'm not making a third party call. Has anyone had that problem as well?
Old 07-10-2012, 05:38 AM

Default Problem with recieving calls from operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuatroswife View Post
Is anyone else having problems with calls coming through Securus? My husband tried calling twice and it wouldn't let me accept by pressing "1".

I called the company, and they said they've been having issues all day and they're working on the problem. Hopefully it's resolved by tomorrow.

Just a heads up in case anyone else is worrying about their LO.

I also had the same problem on Sunday night. The operator asked me if I wanted to accept the call, if so, press 1. I pressed 1, and she continued to ask if I wanted to send money to press another number, and if I wanted to stop all calls from theis number, then she disconnected.
I always accept calls from my son.
This is very upsetting. I could not get my son's call!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 06:09 AM
One day at a time...
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseyancey View Post
I also had the same problem on Sunday night. The operator asked me if I wanted to accept the call, if so, press 1. I pressed 1, and she continued to ask if I wanted to send money to press another number, and if I wanted to stop all calls from theis number, then she disconnected.
I always accept calls from my son.
This is very upsetting. I could not get my son's call!!!
I have had this problem reoccur many times over the time that we have had the ability to have them call. I called Securus one night, highly upset and the lady said they would "open a ticket on it". I said I already called on this. I asked if she had anything showin I called about it a week ago, she said yes, but that it resolved itself and they didn't have to do anything. I said "What do you mean, resolved, it's still happening" She said "Well, you've been able to accept calls since then, right? I see several calls went through since then" I said "Yes, but it is not resolved, it is still happening" She said "Then it resolved itself, it's just happening AGAIN. I will open a ticket, but it could take 24-48 hours to get to it" I asked her if she has ever seen Securus actually have to WORK on a ticket, or if they just wait and it "resolves" itself in 24 to 48 hours. She said "It usually resolves itself" I started yelling "I am asking you if you have ever F=ing SEEN any problem ACTUALLY worked on" She said not since she has been there...I asked her how long she had been there...she hung up. I HATE prison..I HATE securus and I HATE everything to do with this crap and when Bill is home those people can shove that phone service so far up their idiot *sses that it poisons their brain.
Have I mentioned I HATE this crap???!!!!!