Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Self Surrendering Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Self Surrendering Information Information about Federal Prisons and Self-Surrendering to the BOP.

Old 08-27-2016, 08:20 AM

Default Work Cadre vs Camp

So I just got revoked and I get to do 6 months. I am actually relieved because there is no SR to follow. Once I'm done...I'm done. Finished with the Feds. So I am actually looking forward to putting this behind me once and for all. The very end is in sight. My wife and I planned a nice long "international vacation" for when I get out, so I'll have that to focus on while I'm burning my paper.

My concern is my attorney didn't have a chance to get a judicial recommendation for Sheridan before the judge left, so we are working on this after the fact. He sent me an email last night saying he got the AUSA to agree to Sheridan recommendation but it's going to take more work? A little puzzled as to what that may be (more work because he has to get it in front of the judgement more work because it is a highly complicated process?)

But absent a recommendation from the judge, how likely is it I would be designated Cadre versus a camp. My concern is my B--ch of a PO came to me and said I would be going to Seatac (and the tone in her voice led me to believe she really enjoyed saying that) and they never designate under a year to camps. I know she is full of s--t because I saw all sorts of people at Sheridan...one guy had a 30 day revocation and was at the camp so I know that isn't true.

Just wondering is it is highly likely or not. I'd love to hear from anyone who had a short sentence like mine who got camp placement.

I'd prefer a camp.

Last edited by ttexrbomb; 08-27-2016 at 08:24 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2016, 12:25 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,687 Times in 13,609 Posts

A recommendation from your judge should increase, but not guarantee, your designation to Sheridan. That will be determined by the Texas designation office, and they consider a Judge's choice of a prison to be a "recommendation" that they can either follow, or ignore.

My guess is that your Seattle PO has a pretty good idea of what you can expect to happen, since she has probably filed violations on many of her probationers. She may even be able to make her own recommendation for SeaTac, especially if she doesn't like you.

Not having to deal with that specific US Probation office after you complete the 6 months punishment is a definite blessing.
Old 08-27-2016, 03:21 PM

My attorney spoke with her and she said she wouldn't object to Sheridan and the AUSA is ok with it as well, so hopefully the cards will fall in my favor. I seem to remember my first time no recommendation was made and it came out to be Sheridan.

I guess my worry was since the recommendation didn't make it in the form before the judge signed it, it may get lost in the shuffle, but hopefully not.
Old 09-09-2016, 06:00 PM
wandering into the sunset

I served a six month sentence in a camp. There were people in the camp with even shorter sentences than than. The shortest, I think, was one month. I worked in grounds maintenance. It was a good job to have. At the end of six months, I was happy to be turned loose.
My charge was a class B misdemeanor so there was no supervised release.
fbopnomore (09-09-2016)
Old 09-10-2016, 02:06 PM

I was fortunate to be designated to Sheridan camp and not the FDC. I have heard (from a reliable source) that the BOP attempts to designate you at the last facility you were released from (if there is space available). That happened in my case. Now to just get my 6 months done and get in with my life. Restitution is paid off so for me, no more SR for me.

Wife and I booked a trip to Europe (refundable) for a month after I get out. Nice thing about being a US dual citizen of Germany is I don't have to worry about not being let it, just like the US would let me in since I am also a US citizen. It will be nice to have that to look forward to.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:19 PM
wandering into the sunset

It's great that you have something good to look forward to. Enjoy burning up that paper and not having to see the unpleasant PO anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttexrbomb View Post
I was fortunate to be designated to Sheridan camp and not the FDC. I have heard (from a reliable source) that the BOP attempts to designate you at the last facility you were released from (if there is space available). That happened in my case. Now to just get my 6 months done and get in with my life. Restitution is paid off so for me, no more SR for me.

Wife and I booked a trip to Europe (refundable) for a month after I get out. Nice thing about being a US dual citizen of Germany is I don't have to worry about not being let it, just like the US would let me in since I am also a US citizen. It will be nice to have that to look forward to.
Old 06-07-2017, 11:29 AM

I was one of the fortunate ones. I was designated and SS'd to Sheridan. About a month after I got there, the place got full...very full. People were waiting at the jail (where you actually in process) for 2-3 weeks and they were transferring people out to Seatac Detention Center who had less than a year to go...so people would have to serve the rest of their time in the jail. I was fortunate but a lot of others weren't. There was a guy with less than 3 months to go who was called in and told he was transferring out the following week. Luckily they left me alone. The one thing about being at a camp is once you get into a routine, the time goes by so much faster.

Do your time. Keep your head down and cause no trouble. Then hopefully they leave you alone.