Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Oregon Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 09-10-2017, 03:44 PM

Default Problems with phones at OSP?

Hello l was just wondering if anyone knew if there were any troubles with the phones at OSP? Anxiously waiting on a phone call from my boyfriend who usually calls everyday but haven't heard from him in a few days
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2017, 06:53 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,125 Times in 2,178 Posts

I haven't heard of any problems, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.

Hoping you hear from him soon, the waiting is always awful.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
Joshsgirl17 (09-11-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 06:54 PM

I used to check the Oregon DOC visitors alerts when he was at OSP. If they cancelled visiting it was usually a lockdown. Also I would google Oregon State Pen lockdown and something would usually pop up on the Oregonian web page about a lockdown or riot. good luck! When lockdown ends here are usually long lines at the phones and kiosks too. Good luck write lots of letters now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimimi For This Useful Post:
Joshsgirl17 (09-11-2017)
Old 09-11-2017, 07:49 AM

He finally called last night. The yard times are getting shorter and shorter with the sun going down earlier so he wasn't able to get to the phone Saturday night and slept in on Sunday. Thanks so much for answering me tho..the waiting is awful sometimes!! I get so much anxiety when I don't hear from him but he's always ok so I need to figure out how to just BREATHE! Lol So thankful I stumbled into his website) And yes I'm signed up with the alerts and the website is the first thing I look at when this happens but thank you!!

Last edited by Joshsgirl17; 09-11-2017 at 07:53 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Joshsgirl17 For This Useful Post:
GingerM (09-12-2017)
Old 09-11-2017, 03:55 PM

Oh good I'm glad he called hat is always such a relief. You're so right the waiting and not knowing is the worst feeling. We also emailed on the kiosk while he was there but sometimes it could take three days to get the messages. Now in a minimum facility the most it takes is 24 hours and that's rare now the messages usually go straight through.
GingerM (09-12-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 11:24 AM

The email does take a long time!! It seems to have gotten better lately tho. Until it isn't again!! Lol I can't wait for him to go to minimum. I live in Idaho and make monthly trips to go see him so it would be great if he transferred to one closer. It gets expensive!
Old 09-13-2017, 12:38 PM

I know how you feel when he got transferred out of osp it was like a dream come true! Was yours there for all the lockdown bs that went on in April? That was the hardest month of all! Best of luck do you have any idea of when a transfer will come? Maybe he will get eastern Oregon? That would be much better for you guys! Good luck mine gets out next week! I'm so ready to move on!!
GingerM (09-14-2017)
Old 09-14-2017, 05:10 AM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

Congrats Kimimi! Wishing you much luck with the transition, and much happiness for the "after" part of this ride!
Kimimi (09-14-2017)
Old 09-14-2017, 02:13 PM

Yes those lockdowns sucked bigtime!! As if one wasn't bad enough they thought a second would be cool too! Lol He should be transferred in about 2 years or so. He has 5 years left to go and I am hoping for snake river as its only 40 mins away from me but he seems to think he will stay in Salem so who knows!! I am soo happy for you tho!! I can only imagine how excited you all are! How long have you been waiting?
Old 09-14-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshsgirl17 View Post
Yes those lockdowns sucked bigtime!! As if one wasn't bad enough they thought a second would be cool too! Lol He should be transferred in about 2 years or so. He has 5 years left to go and I am hoping for snake river as its only 40 mins away from me but he seems to think he will stay in Salem so who knows!! I am soo happy for you tho!! I can only imagine how excited you all are! How long have you been waiting?
I've only been writing him 10 months, but he has been in for four years I work with his sister. . He went to snake river a couple bids ago and said it was a hot summer. 40 miles would be perfect you could see him lots more. In two years He could get sent to eastern Oregon with three years left. I know if they have less time to go they keep them near Salem or that's what I have heard. Hang in there osp was tough for communication and the way they alternate yards is ridiculous. He was on D block and it was crazytown all the time! Il cross my fingers and pray your man gets snake river !
Old 09-14-2017, 02:42 PM

I hope so and thank you much Kimimi!! Best of luck to you also��
Old 09-15-2017, 05:22 AM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

Quote:
I know if they have less time to go they keep them near Salem or that's what I have heard.
DOC tries to send folks to the institution closest to the county they're going to release into. The reason so many end up in Salem is that the various Salem institutions (there are five(?) of them I think) have more outbound transition programs. While it's a PITA for a lot of people to travel to Salem, it's much better for the inmate to have these transitional programs than to just be pushed out of the gate with a fond farewell and a bus ticket.

I *think* EOCI has outward bound transition programs too, so if he is going to release to the east side, that may be where he ends up.

I wish you both luck!
Kimimi (09-23-2017)
Old 09-22-2017, 10:01 PM

Well that makes sense then and thank you for explaining that to me I'm sure that he will be transferred somewhere in the same area then and sounds like it would be better for him to do that too. More driving for me it looks like lol...thanks for the info!!