Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Straight Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Straight Talk The general Ex-Offender discussion forum. If you have done time, this forum is for you.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:23 AM

Default Arimesis, Minnesota

I did an 87 month bit in Minnesota. It would have been 86 months, but I had a verbal altercation with a prison chaplain about the religious rights of Pagans in prison, and I think he got upset when I told him where to put his god.

I expired my sentence about 36 months after I got out, and completed my conditional release about a year ago. On the street 6 years now and will never make a choice that will put me back. I basically gave my 40s to the state of Minnesota.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2010, 11:20 AM

Default I'm FREE!!

I am a female ex-offender and I am so glad to say that I am NO LONGER a resident of Illinois Dept of Corrections. My home was raided because I was, and yes I admit it, me and my BF (boyfriend) were selling heroin to support our addiction. I took 2 yrs on a possession charge and in doing so violated my probation of a Class 2 felony and got 3 yrs on that charge. I was released 08-14-09 and have been drug and crime free since then, by the grace of God!! I have 2 yrs parole and have TASC (a sort of drug parole) which might allow me to do less than half my parole time. My BF got 4 yrs and is still incarcerated. Since I am on parole the state of Illinois does NOT allow us communication or visits. But lets just say, we find a way to keep in touch! It is a VERY sticky situation. I had 3 small children who went into family foster care placement when I was incarcerated and I am still FIGHTING to get them back. But the child service agency does NOT want my BF around the kids when I get them back.....I am confused and scared of what the future holds for us......I love him but love my kids more.....I will NOT jeopardize getting my kids back,...BUT I also LOVE HIM>>>like I said, STICKY situation....Anyway, I just wanted to chime in here....Christina's glad to be free....Its been a TOUGH road but I am confident it will get better, I hope...Christina
Old 02-03-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
If you have been incarcerated any time in the past, please sign in here. If you would like, please also tell us when and where and anything else you feel is relevant.

Please ONLY use this thread to "sign in" and not for general conversation. My goal for this thread is to let PTO members know who we are in the event they have questions for us, and for future ex-cons/offenders/prisoners to see there are others of us here.

Thanks,
David (Fed-X)

[You are welcome to be as detailed as you want.. Just your name & where you did time, or as long winded as you like]

I just returned from federal prison, 1 year only, but it was long enough. I have stories to tell.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinasfree View Post
I am a female ex-offender and I am so glad to say that I am NO LONGER a resident of Illinois Dept of Corrections. My home was raided because I was, and yes I admit it, me and my BF (boyfriend) were selling heroin to support our addiction. I took 2 yrs on a possession charge and in doing so violated my probation of a Class 2 felony and got 3 yrs on that charge. I was released 08-14-09 and have been drug and crime free since then, by the grace of God!! I have 2 yrs parole and have TASC (a sort of drug parole) which might allow me to do less than half my parole time. My BF got 4 yrs and is still incarcerated. Since I am on parole the state of Illinois does NOT allow us communication or visits. But lets just say, we find a way to keep in touch! It is a VERY sticky situation. I had 3 small children who went into family foster care placement when I was incarcerated and I am still FIGHTING to get them back. But the child service agency does NOT want my BF around the kids when I get them back.....I am confused and scared of what the future holds for us......I love him but love my kids more.....I will NOT jeopardize getting my kids back,...BUT I also LOVE HIM>>>like I said, STICKY situation....Anyway, I just wanted to chime in here....Christina's glad to be free....Its been a TOUGH road but I am confident it will get better, I hope...Christina
Christina,

It will get better. As a former inmate and felon, your childrens need come first, we will understand.

There are ways around the system but be careful, your kids are counting on you.

Seahawk
Old 02-04-2010, 08:00 AM

Seahawk, thanks for your reply I appreciate your response...(I am new here so I do not know how to include your quote....)
I know my kids come first and hence my dilemma....I have 3 more mos till he comes home and time to come to terms with what must be done...The first thing that got to me was in his last letter...MANY times he has said he will do whatever it takes to get my kids back with me...His last letter he states he will NOT go to a halfway house or other 'prison like' facility, that right there surprised me...So he is not willing to do anything....Plus the true test is if he stays drug free when he gets out..
Again I thank you for your response...Look forward to hearing more about you!!!
Old 02-06-2010, 05:11 PM

I have been at Camp Oxford. Not bad at all. The correction officers call the inmates as "residents". Most announcements are very respectful. "Will the residents please go back to your rooms for count at this time". Food is okay. A daily schedule is like this. Wake up at 9A (if you want breakfast it is between 6-6:30A). Watch TV until 10:30A and then go eat lunch. 11A-4P read in the library, work out, shower, watch TV or sleep some more. You can also walk on the track and there is a baseball and tennis court too! 4P is count time and after count you eat dinner. 4:30P-9:30P do more of the above. 9:30P is count time again and then you either watch more TV until lights out 11:30P or go to sleep. Family visits you on alternate weekends. 4 wall pay phones for which you pay 22 cents a minute. You can buy a lot of what you get in Walmart from the commissary. Not bad eh!
Old 02-16-2010, 11:10 PM

Default Hi Brian

Do you still run a website for inmate? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Rooney View Post
My name is Brian. I served 12 years in Virginia (non-violent property crimes). I have "free" now for 4 years. I have a great full-time job; go to GMU in Fairfax full-time (except in the summer), run a website for inmates trying to receive pen pals, and work on various prison projects. My main focus is on recidivism, and keeping men and women OUT of prison. Thanks for letting me introduce myself, and it is good to know that others have made it out here...freedom is worth it. Take care.

Brian
Old 02-17-2010, 10:22 PM

Found this website doing a search on felony convictions and employment. After reading a few forums, I felt compelled to join and add my 2cents.

Convicted of a white collar crime. The original charge was mail fraud, but when I told them I didn't mail the paperwork I drove it to the location, they changed it to something about interfering with interstate commerce. Sentenced to 6 months house arrest and 5 years probation. I paid my restitution within 8 months and all probation ended as soon as my fines were paid.

When I hear people say felons shouldn't be allowed to work in (insert field) I always tell them our president is a felon. He admitted to doing cocaine he just wasn't caught and convicted. You let him run the country and you won't let me.........
The Following User Says Thank You to Drama Magnet For This Useful Post:
Broken24u (04-27-2010)
Old 02-21-2010, 11:23 AM
wvdonovan

I was a 6 month guest at Camp ERJ here in West Virginia--lol Was released New Years Day. I was arrested on a capias for a hearing I missed 4 years ago. Original charge was embezzlement in 2003--I spent 2 years on bond awaiting indictment--got tired of waiting and took a plea of "no contest" to misdmeanor petit larceny in 2005. Was given a years unsupervised probation--had a hearing in Dec to be released from probation and didn't know about it. On Aug 21, 2009, when I came to pick up my daughter from visiting her father for the 1st time in 5 years--he had the state troopers waiting for me, capias in hand. I got to jail, was told I was NOT being arraigned, as I had been sentenced to 6 months Dec 2005. Imagine my shock. lol So, I did my time--worked off 50 days, went to Family Court on Jan 20, 2010--and received complete and sole custody of my daughter. Do I regret my time in? ABSOLUTELY NOT Not only did my time at "Camp ERJ" bring my daughter and I closer--it also def made me stronger and more appreciative of what's "real" in this life--AND I met the one man I have ever truly loved. :-) So it's all good.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:50 AM

Hi all, I am so glad I found this website, it really helps me. I did 3 years in CCA women's correctional facility in Grants New Mexico. Have been out for almost 8 years and off paper for almost 3. Still going through stuff daily, but seems to get better with time.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:29 PM

Hi my name is chrissy, I did 31 months in the maricopa county estrella jail, I also did 7 months in lower buckeye jails pschiatric ward.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:36 PM
Banned

Im Kylee i did time in Mo. for assault its a felony charge thats my big one. I was a dancer from the time i as 17 till i was about 20 and between them years i did time in Montana (great food) Clay county, Jackson county, the time in Montana was for running away with my brother's and sister who were in foster care after our mother died and i was extradited back to KC. If i can help anyone with anything just PM me
Old 04-26-2010, 08:07 PM

wow tht gud u changed
Old 04-27-2010, 04:13 PM

i've never been to prison but have done time on 2 felony charges. did a 60 day stretch in south dakota's fine county jail and did a 6 month stretch in minnesota county jail. currently on paper for the next 20 years.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
If you have been incarcerated any time in the past, please sign in here. If you would like, please also tell us when and where and anything else you feel is relevant.

Please ONLY use this thread to "sign in" and not for general conversation. My goal for this thread is to let PTO members know who we are in the event they have questions for us, and for future ex-cons/offenders/prisoners to see there are others of us here.

Thanks,
David (Fed-X)

[You are welcome to be as detailed as you want.. Just your name & where you did time, or as long winded as you like]
my name is amy northern and i did 15 years in the ohio reformatory for women and just want to reach out because i been there and still know good people stuck in there because of the parole boards politics. thanks for reaching out
Old 05-01-2010, 10:13 AM

My name is Kyle and I am 23. I got locked up for the first time at 13 and just kinda went downhill from there. 5 years incarcerated in the juvenile system of Florida. ( Greenville Hills Academy, Okaloosa Youth Academy, Okaloosa Youth Development Center, Desoto Dual Diagnosed Correctional Facility, Cypress Creek Juvenile Offender Correctional Center) As an adult I've also been incarcerated numerous times. I am sitting on House Arrest now so I got a lot of time on my hands.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,385 Times in 1,088 Posts

It has been forever since I have been on this thread, and probably even longer since I posted.

I want to welcome everyone home that has come home since then.

I did my time in Virginia and have been out since 2002, it took along time but I am finally back on my feet working a good job, and most importantly back home in San Francisco! It took me 7 years to accomplish all that, but it can be done!

Patti
Old 05-05-2010, 08:09 AM

I am a veteran of the Illinois prison system. I did 5 sentences between 1983-2001, and have been in most of the prisons here in Illinois, except Tamms. I was something of a troublemaker during those years, but learned the system well.

I'm proud to say those days are behind me, but if I can offer advice or help, please feel free to ask!
Old 05-12-2010, 02:17 PM

ive been to a few mass state facilities. I was recently released from MCC NY in lower manhattan first time in front of a federal judge i was looking at about 7-10 years which was dropped down to 30 months but i ended up with a good defense and got 1 year and a day in mcc
Old 05-12-2010, 02:52 PM
free@last

Quote:

Thanks,
David (Fed-X)

I did time in TDCJ from 1988 until my release in 1995. I was at Hilltop unit, which is now a female unit, Briscoe Unit, in Dilley. darrington Unit, in Rosharon, and finally Bill clements Unit in Amarillo, where I was released from..I finished my parole, had my rights restored, and now I enjoy my family, travel, and obey the law, and I havent been in a bit of trouble since my release..I learned!
Old 05-12-2010, 04:23 PM
---------------

Thanked 5,778 Times in 3,498 Posts

Welcome to PTO sweetie.

Congratulations on being out for so long and rebuilding your life...that is awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerswartz View Post
I did time in TDCJ from 1988 until my release in 1995. I was at Hilltop unit, which is now a female unit, Briscoe Unit, in Dilley. darrington Unit, in Rosharon, and finally Bill clements Unit in Amarillo, where I was released from..I finished my parole, had my rights restored, and now I enjoy my family, travel, and obey the law, and I havent been in a bit of trouble since my release..I learned!
Old 05-29-2010, 09:48 PM

My federal vacation was for 27 months. I did 6 months at FMC Rochester, 12 months at FPC Englewood, and 6 mo. of home confinement. Currently on supervised release, probably for another 18 mo.

At Rochester, I was (according to staff) the only medical inmate in 20 years to ever get RDAP at Rochester. First, its important to know that Rochester discriminates HEAVILY against medical inmates (be prepared) if you go there and want RDAP. Second, I was a tire-less and rabid legal library guy that filed BPs until I won. I got my RDAP and secured a transfer to a camp, which I was told had never happened before, and they were not happy about it. (I was!) Having said that, I know alot about RDAP, alot, and I'd be glad to share my hard-won info with anybody that might need it.

The white collar crime that lead me to prison was semi-high profile in my state, but it was more of a one time thing, meaning, my "life of crime" is over, and I've moved on from that phase of my life. I learned alot in prison, good, bad, but most importantly, I learned a life lesson. You don't need to hit me over the head twice, I get it the first time. Its too bad I had to go to prison to learn these lessons, but I came out smarter and stronger, and a better person, so it wasn't without merit.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:17 AM

Spent 9 in tdcj & just did 5 in fed. AM at half way house now for six months. It sucks i an unhappy. Trying to shake off the depression but is very hard.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:30 PM

Lisa Mellott. Formally, Lisa Winger W#96187... 4 terms in California-C.C.W.F, CRC ( when it was co-ed ) C.I.W and Puerta La Cruz firecamp for women....Sober awhile now and discharged from parole for the first time since 2002...signing in
Old 07-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,385 Times in 1,088 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmellott View Post
Lisa Mellott. Formally, Lisa Winger W#96187... 4 terms in California-C.C.W.F, CRC ( when it was co-ed ) C.I.W and Puerta La Cruz firecamp for women....Sober awhile now and discharged from parole for the first time since 2002...signing in
Welcome to PTO Lisa, glad to see you join us!

Patti