Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Kentucky should be posted here.

Old 12-14-2018, 12:46 PM

Default What to write in a letter to parole board

Hello:

I have a penpal whom I have been writing to for the last several years that will come up for parole next February. She has asked me to write a letter to the parole board on her behalf, which I would like to do. Unfortunately, I have no idea what to put in such a letter.

My penpal is female, is 77 years old, has been in prison for 27 years on a murder charge.

She is old and frail, in fairly poor health. I just can't see that she would be a threat to society. To be honest, I am not sure that it will be in her best interest to be set free as she will have no support and has significant health issues. She won't be able to work and and needs assistance just getting around.

But she wants her freedom, so I will try to help if I can.

What should I say in a letter, and who should I send it to?

R. Mc.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2018, 01:31 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,436 Times in 15,886 Posts

Its very kind of you to write a letter on her behalf. I can't even imagine being released at that age after serving that many years Wonder where she'll go, what she'll do She'll have to have a home plan to be released

Here are a couple of threads that may help you write that letter, although what you've written here could also be incorporated, especially since the info for a parole letter on a loved one's behalf may not be knowable / pertinent for a pen pal:

Parole letter help

Parole Hearing

patchouli, PTO Admin