Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Georgia that do not fit into any other Georgia sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 12-14-2018, 09:07 AM
Banned

Default Boyfriend of 4 months in jail/GA - how long will he serve?

My boyfriend been in jail since October 13 heís being charged with possession of firearm felony, obstruction 1oz weed this is Georgia & also he has a warrant in newyork, I just need some answers how long will he serve? I donít think Iím able to wait no more than 5 years for him. Will newyork come to get him? Plus his preliminary hearing keeps getting pushed back itís been 2 months he the reason why he was arrested was no probable cause can the charges be dropped?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moni22 View Post
My boyfriend been in jail since October 13 heís being charged with possession of firearm felony, obstruction 1oz weed this is Georgia & also he has a warrant in newyork, I just need some answers how long will he serve? I donít think Iím able to wait no more than 5 years for him. Will newyork come to get him? Plus his preliminary hearing keeps getting pushed back itís been 2 months he the reason why he was arrested was no probable cause can the charges be dropped?
Really you are not willing to wait that long well then I guess you better break it off then. He must not be that important to you if won't wait whatever it takes.
Old 12-14-2018, 09:47 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 21,529 Times in 12,447 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. There's no way to predict what will eventually happen in Georgia since it can all change between now and the end of his case. The same with NY's warrant, they may, or may not extradite him, but the seriousness of those charges will be a factor,

Be patient until you, and he know what he will actually be facing.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:39 AM
Banned

Default Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsetspouse View Post
Really you are not willing to wait that long well then I guess you better break it off then. He must not be that important to you if won't wait whatever it takes.
I donít need advice on my relationship my boyfriend is the love of my life & I couldnít see myself with anyone but I wonít allow myself to wait for someone thatís doing over five years what i mean by waiting I wonít stop my life for him I promise him Iíll stay faithful and wonít fall in love with anyone once he get we will continue our relationship Iíll support him thru this whole time.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Welcome to Prison Talk. There's no way to predict what will eventually happen in Georgia since it can all change between now and the end of his case. The same with NY's warrant, they may, or may not extradite him, but the seriousness of those charges will be a factor,

Be patient until you, and he know what he will actually be facing.
From what I was told the charge in NY was for weed he was offered 1year and some months, I read that Georgia give felony 1-5 years 5years mandatory for any forcible crimes, He never did that heís record isnít clean a lot of petty drug charges... I just donít wanna be so long without him we had plans before him getting arrested
Old 12-14-2018, 01:08 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,443 Times in 15,892 Posts

Hi Moni22, no one should stop living their life when their loved one is incarcerated, no matter how long (or short) the sentence.....life is too short to sit idly by Living your life & sex are not mutually exclusive. You can have one without the other if you choose too.

You may want to check his NY charges, see if its only for pot and if there has been any fairly recent activity regarding the warrant:

Manhattan DA's office drops more than 3,000 open marijuana cases

With that in mind, if your boyfriend was not one of the lucky ones, I doubt that NY would want to be out the expense to extradite all the way from Georgia for a pot charge. I can't answer for NY, of course, but hopefully I've given you at least a glimmer of hope

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (12-14-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 01:50 PM
Banned

Thank you very much Iím not sure how to check his warrant, I pray he was one of the lucky ones
Old 12-14-2018, 02:25 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 21,529 Times in 12,447 Posts

Here's a link to NY Arrest Warrants.org. The .coms that show up on a google search almost all charge fees to search for warrants.
http://www.newyorkarrestwarrants.org/
Old 12-14-2018, 09:29 PM

Thanked 3,149 Times in 1,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moni22 View Post
From what I was told the charge in NY was for weed he was offered 1year and some months, I read that Georgia give felony 1-5 years 5years mandatory for any forcible crimes, He never did that heís record isnít clean a lot of petty drug charges... I just donít wanna be so long without him we had plans before him getting arrested
You're going to have to get comfortable with the unknown. Look up each charge and see how they are all sentenced. Plan for the worst, then be surprised and thankful if less.

NY can get him later after Georgia is done. Depends on what it is. Small petty pot crimes NY is not really prosecuting at least in the city. So if it is carrying jail time it might not be that small. I could be wrong though.

This process takes a long time to get sorted out. A lot of stops and starts. A lot of waiting. Throw old plans out the window. For now, they are done and some may never happen, but you can make new ones later.

Reality is life that once was is no longer. Which can be a good and a bad thing. The life he was leading needed to change. Cant build a solid foundation with a shaky present.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (12-15-2018), sidewalker (12-15-2018)