Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > SOUTH CAROLINA > South Carolina Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

South Carolina Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the South Carolina Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 12-25-2018, 04:10 PM

Default Time span for wait time

Hey guys!! Dose anyone here have a loved one who is currently serving time at Kirkland? My boyfriend just got transfered down there from North Caronlina on the 13th and I havent yet got word on how he's doing or the stats on his release date. Because of how short his time there was suppose to be he isnt aloud to use the phones. So letters are our only source of communication. But I havent recived a letter from him yet. Just curiouse how long others had to wait before they heard from their loved one.

Also how long till the project release date changes on their detailed report form. His original release date shows it being 1/2/2020...but we where told he's only staying down there for a short time. The messed up part was that they had his perole eligibility hearing on the 8th of this month but he didnt get down there till the 13th. So I dont know if that will set everything back for his release.

If anyone can give me an approximate lenth of time itll take for an inmate to respond please let me know.

Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2018, 04:56 AM

The wait time depends on how long it takes the jail to get him classified. Also why couldn't he use the phones even if it's two days he's locked up he should be able to make calls. If they had his bond hearing could have been over the phone or by video.
Old 12-26-2018, 11:12 AM

I have no idea why he couldnt. Thats what he told me. So I dont know if its true or if I should belive the worst case senario and think that was his way of not wanting to talk to me again. not knowing anything sucks.
Old 12-26-2018, 11:15 AM

The thing was his perole hearing was schedualed for the 8th of this month yet he wasnt transfered down there from his first facility in NC until the 13th. Which made no sence to ether one of us. So I have no idea if that had something to do with the delay.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:10 AM
Carolina traveler

Thanked 3,416 Times in 2,388 Posts

Was he transferred to South Carolina to finish a sentence or is this an interstate compact agreement?

If he's finishing out his sentence with a max out date of 2020, he may not transfer from Kirkland. He will still be under the same requirements as others for the 90-day period (limited phone calls, visits from immediate family only, etc.) Please be mindful that Kirkland is an R&E institution but many offenders do remain there, especially short-timers, to complete their sentences.

"The thing was his perole hearing was schedualed for the 8th of this month yet he wasnt transfered down there from his first facility in NC until the 13th. Which made no sence to ether one of us. So I have no idea if that had something to do with the delay. "

The parole date listed is common practice for those who qualify, his date of transfer to South Carolina bears no influence on that.
patchouli (12-27-2018)