Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:47 AM

Default Revocation hearing questions

I've read CenTex's explanation about what goes on in a revocation hearing and we've been through one before so I pretty much know how they go, but it's been a while and I have some questions.

Last time the state provided a parole attorney. We aren't sure if it is because the parolee was on psych meds or if it is customary to provide one, but the last time I went to the hearing and met that attorney for the first time right before the hearing.

This time, my husband was charged with a misdemeanor and we hired an attorney to help dispose of that. (01/09/2019 was the date it was disposed of) That attorney wants to charge more to cover the parole hearing, which we can't afford, so we're hoping the state will provide an attorney. Anywhoo, that hired attorney told me to gather letters of support from the parolee's employer and anyone who can serve as a good character witness via letter.

My question is this, where or who do I have these letters sent to? I could easily take them myself to the hearing or send them to the parolee in the jail to provide at the hearing himself, but I don't know if they would be accepted in that way.

I've tried calling his PO many times but don't get an answer or a call back. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2019, 11:25 AM

Thanked 11,077 Times in 6,002 Posts

Where one is on Special Condition P or where there are other reasons to believe mental health concerns exist, then counsel MAY be appointed. There are only a few specific issues for which it is required.

Letters would be submitted to the Hearing Officer at the hearing. DO NOT waive a hearing. And do not give documents to the Parole Officer if you want to ensure they actually get placed into the record. The Hearing Officer will take them and enter them at the hearing.

With your Harris County location, these are not items you would likely be able to give to him prior to the hearing except by having mailed them into the jail. In order to ensure that you are admitted TO the hearing, he will need to make sure he has provided your name (as it appears on your TxDL) to the Parole Officer so that the PO can notify jail personnel.

If he is represented by counsel, then ensure the letters are in the possession of counsel so that they may enter them at the appropriate point of the hearing...
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
Guccigrl (01-13-2019)