Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) in Coalinga, California.

Old 05-07-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pz-Guerita View Post
Can we visit as soon as there off orientation?
Yes as long as you are approved
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2017, 09:11 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Thanked 1,279 Times in 791 Posts

Quote:
Can we visit as soon as there off orientation?

You can....hopefully you lined yourself up with an appointment today

Last edited by Nica; 05-08-2017 at 10:02 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Nica For This Useful Post:
Pz-Guerita (05-08-2017)
Old 05-08-2017, 11:53 PM
Daddys Trompuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica View Post
You can....hopefully you lined yourself up with an appointment today
Yes I got an appointment this morning just incase he's off orientation
Old 05-12-2017, 12:21 PM
angelforgsxr

Hey Girls,

I'm looking around for my flights etc to come down to PVSP and visit. I read about this VPASS thing, do you HAVE to make an appointment to visit sat and sun? If not, is it best to anyway? My man is on D yard but he didn't know much about the appointment deal. I just want to make sure if I need an appointment I made one. I guess the main question is why make an appointment when you can just simply show up? Do you not have to wait in a line to visit if you make an appt?

Also, how do pictures work? Are you allowed to hug or do you have to just stand next to each other / no touching?
Thank you
Old 05-12-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelforgsxr View Post
Hey Girls,

I'm looking around for my flights etc to come down to PVSP and visit. I read about this VPASS thing, do you HAVE to make an appointment to visit sat and sun? If not, is it best to anyway? My man is on D yard but he didn't know much about the appointment deal. I just want to make sure if I need an appointment I made one. I guess the main question is why make an appointment when you can just simply show up? Do you not have to wait in a line to visit if you make an appt?

Also, how do pictures work? Are you allowed to hug or do you have to just stand next to each other / no touching?
Thank you

Hey girly, .. so I'm not too familiar with D yard BUT processing works the same regardless of the yard.
So, if you make an appointment you can get in as early as 8:30 I believe, .. can't remember if it's 8:30 or 8:45. If you don't make an appointment you show up and can get a ticket starting at 10 am .. that doesn't mean you'll get in at that time. If people with appointment are there they come before a person that just happened to show up. So, .. from what I've seen the non-appointment line gets really long and right now visiting has been backed up for people with appointments, I assume the non appointment line goes by even slower! So, my recommendation would be to make an appointment via VPASS. If you want to visit both days you need to make appts for both days! Appointments, .. still require you wait in line but it's not as bad as non-appointment!

As far as pictures, .. when you get checked in you buy a photo ticket, from the guy upfront, they're $2 each! And the visits, .. so you get an initial kiss&hug. You can hild hands but that's it. Some people get real touchy, I must admit my hunny and I get tend to lose control and we too get touchy but that's a no no, as it can be reason for them to terminate you and suspend your visit!!

On my hunny's yard there are board games we can play, .. but mainly we just talk about whatms going on and yes we sneak in kisses. Hope you have a wonderful visit!!
angelforgsxr (05-12-2017)
Old 05-12-2017, 07:35 PM
Daddys Trompuda

Do we have to print out the boss's confirmation appt?
Old 05-13-2017, 04:02 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Do we have to print out the boss's confirmation appt?

VPASS, confirmation not needed. However, you should keep the email saved in your phone for safekeeping.
Old 05-13-2017, 04:55 PM
Daddys Trompuda

Quote:
VPASS, confirmation not needed. However, you should keep the email saved in your phone for safekeeping.
I meant vpass stupid auto correct lol ok good to know we don't have to print it
Old 05-14-2017, 09:17 PM

Make an appointment always when you're going to visit. The vpass website will open Monday at 7 in the morning for that coming weekend. Log in and be ready to book your appointment right at 7 cause I promise you all the appointments will be gone by 7:05. If you're a walk in, you will have to take a number and wait for them to call your number in order to get in. If you make an appointment you just go in right at the time of your appointment.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:34 PM

Default What is B yard visiting 12 pm walk-in process?

Hello! Iím visiting my husband tomorrow without an appointment. B yard allows walk-ins starting at 12 pm. My question is, what time should I arrive? Do I wait in line outside prison? or do I arrive 15 minutes before and drive in? Iíve always visited with a decent appointment time. This past Monday at 7:03 am I got shut out. Can someone please help? Thank you for your consideration...
Old 07-14-2017, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahnartist0509 View Post
Make an appointment always when you're going to visit. The vpass website will open Monday at 7 in the morning for that coming weekend. Log in and be ready to book your appointment right at 7 cause I promise you all the appointments will be gone by 7:05. If you're a walk in, you will have to take a number and wait for them to call your number in order to get in. If you make an appointment you just go in right at the time of your appointment.
I was on the site right when it opened and was completely shut out. So disappointed. Tomorrow Iím going to go in as a 12 pm walk in. Do I have to stay outside until 12, or can I drive in before then. Thanks for any and all help.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetn92007 View Post
I was on the site right when it opened and was completely shut out. So disappointed. Tomorrow Iím going to go in as a 12 pm walk in. Do I have to stay outside until 12, or can I drive in before then. Thanks for any and all help.

I'm almost certain you have to wait till 12pm to get onto the premises, .. I know for A C D & E yard they won't let you in until 10 am, if no appointment! The guard in the front usually asks you "What yard is he on" .. if you say B most likely he'll tell you you must wait outside. I know they give out numbered tickets to non-appointment people but I'm not sure how this works since you won't be let in till 12pm. Hopefully one of the ladies who's hunny is on B yard chimes in.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:05 PM

Wink New to PVSP

Hey there PVSP fam... So I am new my husband just got tranferred here after being in Mississippi for 2 years and before that we were at Centinela. I know that every prison is different so I am just looking for any helpful information or advice. He got to PVSP on the 11th and today is the 22nd, does PVSP usuallly take the entire 14days to clear orientation status? And do weekends count in the 14 day, I am really anxious to go and see him. Has anyone been up there recently how strict are they with the dress code? How much money am I allowed to bring in?
Old 05-22-2018, 02:37 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystalkane54 View Post

Hey there PVSP fam... So I am new my husband just got tranferred here after being in Mississippi for 2 years and before that we were at Centinela. I know that every prison is different so I am just looking for any helpful information or advice. He got to PVSP on the 11th and today is the 22nd, does PVSP usuallly take the entire 14days to clear orientation status? And do weekends count in the 14 day, I am really anxious to go and see him. Has anyone been up there recently how strict are they with the dress code? How much money am I allowed to bring in?

You are allowed $50 dollars. Coins only either dollar or quarters.
You can purchase a photo ducat for $2 each from the CO checking you in.
Orientation is 13 - 14 days, not including weekends.
Visiting is semi strict any tight pants is a no no. If so make sure your top or blouse is long enough to cover your butt.

What yard is he on? do you know yet?.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:08 PM

Thank you soo much for the reply.. Will the yard he is on tell me something? I received a letter yesterday and I believed it said C yard but I am not sure I left it at home this morning and right now I am at work. Wow with orientation being about that long I probably wont be able to visit until next weekend I was really hoping to make up there this weekend. As long as I am able to wear sweats I dont see myself having too many problems.

Quote:
You are allowed $50 dollars. Coins only either dollar or quarters.
You can purchase a photo ducat for $2 each from the CO checking you in.
Orientation is 13 - 14 days, not including weekends.
Visiting is semi strict any tight pants is a no no. If so make sure your top or blouse is long enough to cover your butt.

What yard is he on? do you know yet?.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Thank you soo much for the reply.. Will the yard he is on tell me something? I received a letter yesterday and I believed it said C yard but I am not sure I left it at home this morning and right now I am at work. Wow with orientation being about that long I probably wont be able to visit until next weekend I was really hoping to make up there this weekend. As long as I am able to wear sweats I dont see myself having too many problems.

His housing location doesnít tell you much. I figure maybe Nica was asking to let you in on how visiting goes. B yard tends to get overcrowded and visits get terminated .. walk ins for B yard start at 12 pm in comparison to C yard which .. for the most part doesnít have early termination during visiting oh and their walk ins begin at 10 am. Sweats are fine oh and comfy!! It gets chilly in there!!
Old 05-24-2018, 01:58 PM

Thank you for the reply right now I am little down he has been on orientation but yesterday I got a call from him but it only lasted to minutes and then the phone just hung up I dont know if he hung up or they did. I didn't even get to ask him if he is orientation still or not. I want to go up there this weekend but I am unsure on what I should do I am praying that I get a phone call today. I looked when I got home and the envelope definitely said that he is on Cyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDYJO View Post
His housing location doesnít tell you much. I figure maybe Nica was asking to let you in on how visiting goes. B yard tends to get overcrowded and visits get terminated .. walk ins for B yard start at 12 pm in comparison to C yard which .. for the most part doesnít have early termination during visiting oh and their walk ins begin at 10 am. Sweats are fine oh and comfy!! It gets chilly in there!!
Old 05-24-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Thank you for the reply right now I am little down he has been on orientation but yesterday I got a call from him but it only lasted to minutes and then the phone just hung up I dont know if he hung up or they did. I didn't even get to ask him if he is orientation still or not. I want to go up there this weekend but I am unsure on what I should do I am praying that I get a phone call today. I looked when I got home and the envelope definitely said that he is on Cyard

If he called he is certainly off orientation. What time did you receive your call? My sonís father is on C yard. He called and said there has been some programming issues. I guess itís kind of hot right now. It could also be that they shut the phones off on them as well. My sonís father said they havenít been running program consistently! You could always call and ask if heís off as well!!
Old 05-24-2018, 02:26 PM

Oh ok I didn't know that I could call and see if he is off orientation if I don't hear from him today I may try that tomorrow. He called yesterday at 11:15 did you get a call today. Thank you so much for answering that gives me a little peace I have been so bothered since he called I hate the phone situations. Up there do they cut off phones a lot. Do you know what hours they are allowed to be out of the cells or program? Is there a lot of problems or lockdowns on that yard?
Quote:
If he called he is certainly off orientation. What time did you receive your call? My sonís father is on C yard. He called and said there has been some programming issues. I guess itís kind of hot right now. It could also be that they shut the phones off on them as well. My sonís father said they havenít been running program consistently! You could always call and ask if heís off as well!!
Old 05-24-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Oh ok I didn't know that I could call and see if he is off orientation if I don't hear from him today I may try that tomorrow. He called yesterday at 11:15 did you get a call today. Thank you so much for answering that gives me a little peace I have been so bothered since he called I hate the phone situations. Up there do they cut off phones a lot. Do you know what hours they are allowed to be out of the cells or program? Is there a lot of problems or lockdowns on that yard?

I know the feeling of uncertainty, .. no worries Iím glad to help. Honestly chica I donít speak too much to my sonís father just occasionally to update him on our son and in between he lets me know how heís doing in there. All he said yesterday was that they hadnít been running program because there was a stabbing not to long ago. Iím not sure when that occurred though. Iím actually not too familiar with the hours of programming because my sonís father is considered affiliated .. therefore I think they take turns on what days and what hours they program. Before it used to be one day they programmed mornings and evenings one day and the next day only during the afternoon. My sonís father just moved back to C yard from a E yard and he says itís been chaotic. Last time he was there he said it was chaotic too. Before when I used to talk to him a lot .. Iíd always miss calls because they were on LD
Old 05-24-2018, 02:58 PM

That sucks to hear that about C Yard this is something that I am not used to I usually get multiple calls a day. Yeah from the few letters that I have gotten my husband is very unhappy about whatever is going on in there. He still hasn't gotten his property or anything. Being that were were out of state for so long I got used to how they did it one day they would have morning program and the next afternoon like you said. Then we we got to Arizona they had program all day I just have to get back in the grove of the California system.

Quote:
I know the feeling of uncertainty, .. no worries Iím glad to help. Honestly chica I donít speak too much to my sonís father just occasionally to update him on our son and in between he lets me know how heís doing in there. All he said yesterday was that they hadnít been running program because there was a stabbing not to long ago. Iím not sure when that occurred though. Iím actually not too familiar with the hours of programming because my sonís father is considered affiliated .. therefore I think they take turns on what days and what hours they program. Before it used to be one day they programmed mornings and evenings one day and the next day only during the afternoon. My sonís father just moved back to C yard from a E yard and he says itís been chaotic. Last time he was there he said it was chaotic too. Before when I used to talk to him a lot .. Iíd always miss calls because they were on LD
Old 05-24-2018, 03:08 PM

Default C Yard Question

Hey everyone my husband had been on orientation and yesterday around 11:15 I got my first call from him but it onlly lasted 2 minutes before the call disconnected. I dont know if he hung up (which is something that he has never done) or if they turned off the phone on them. Does anyone have a loved on C yard and if so have you gotten any calls in the last 2 days? What are programming hours like? And I would like to go and visit this weekend but I am hesitant since I didn't get to actually ask him if he was off orientation before the phone hung.... any advice?
Old 05-24-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
That sucks to hear that about C Yard this is something that I am not used to I usually get multiple calls a day. Yeah from the few letters that I have gotten my husband is very unhappy about whatever is going on in there. He still hasn't gotten his property or anything. Being that were were out of state for so long I got used to how they did it one day they would have morning program and the next afternoon like you said. Then we we got to Arizona they had program all day I just have to get back in the grove of the California system.

I believe thatís still how C yard works. I could be mistaken though. If he calls back before you hear from your hunny I will make sure to ask him how theyíre running program. The only thing he did tell me was that program was NOT running smoothly. Unfortunately I think itís a few calls a week, unless other ladies have experienced otherwise? Again, I donít speak to him often as itís just a means to update him on our son but he said heíd been wanting to call and couldnít because there was no program. Hopefully itíll cool down soon!!
Old 05-24-2018, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Hey everyone my husband had been on orientation and yesterday around 11:15 I got my first call from him but it onlly lasted 2 minutes before the call disconnected. I dont know if he hung up (which is something that he has never done) or if they turned off the phone on them. Does anyone have a loved on C yard and if so have you gotten any calls in the last 2 days? What are programming hours like? And I would like to go and visit this weekend but I am hesitant since I didn't get to actually ask him if he was off orientation before the phone hung.... any advice?
My Man is on C yard also. I got a call yesterday from him, but he stated there has been issues with the phones. If hes calling he is probably off , mine didnt get to call while he was on orientation. If you live close I would try and go.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:17 PM

Yeah I hope so as well I know that I am praying on the situation. I appreciate all the info you are able to give me and yes please ask if you get a call I would greatly appreciate it God Bless you.
Quote:
I believe thatís still how C yard works. I could be mistaken though. If he calls back before you hear from your hunny I will make sure to ask him how theyíre running program. The only thing he did tell me was that program was NOT running smoothly. Unfortunately I think itís a few calls a week, unless other ladies have experienced otherwise? Again, I donít speak to him often as itís just a means to update him on our son but he said heíd been wanting to call and couldnít because there was no program. Hopefully itíll cool down soon!!