Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) in Coalinga, California.

Old 10-06-2017, 05:34 PM

'Hi Has Any Lady's From A Yard Received A Phone Call Today ? .
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2017, 08:31 PM

'Has Anyone Received A Phone Call From A Yard ? Yesterday Or Today ? ?
Old 12-13-2017, 11:57 AM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Good morning has n e one heard from there loved ones in D yard? I havenít heard from my husband since Monday morning.. thanks
Old 01-09-2018, 11:31 AM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Good morning has any one heard from there loved one in D3 last call was Sunday and itís not like him not to call at least once in the morning thank you
Old 01-19-2018, 12:20 PM

'Has Anyone Received A Phone Call From A Yard ? Haven't Gottan A Call For Three Days Already
Old 01-23-2018, 03:51 PM

Hi just wondering if you have been receiving your phone calls ok from A yard over the past 2 weeks? Thanks x
Old 01-25-2018, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdalineNChris View Post
'Has Anyone Received A Phone Call From A Yard ? Haven't Gottan A Call For Three Days Already
Hi, did you start receiving phone calls again soon after? X
Old 02-27-2018, 11:51 PM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Did anyone receive a call from d yard today??
Thanks in advance
Old 03-08-2018, 07:36 PM

Hello, my husband just got transfered there and I was wondering how often inmates can make phn calls? And also what time do turn the phns on in the AM & off in the PM? Thank U! 😊

Last edited by lisafields7597; 03-08-2018 at 07:40 PM..
Old 03-09-2018, 06:49 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Thanked 1,279 Times in 791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisafields7597 View Post
Hello, my husband just got transfered there and I was wondering how often inmates can make phn calls? And also what time do turn the phns on in the AM & off in the PM? Thank U! 😊

Hi.

Depends the yard he's on.

Level 1- pretty much all day.

Level 3- 9am to 12 noon, than 1pm to 4, lastly 7pm to 8:45pm
Also there's a phone sign up sheet.

Hope this helps.
lisafields7597 (03-09-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica View Post
Hi.

Depends the yard he's on.

Level 1- pretty much all day.

Level 3- 9am to 12 noon, than 1pm to 4, lastly 7pm to 8:45pm
Also there's a phone sign up sheet.

Hope this helps.
Tysm! It does. He's in level 1 yard. I get the whole sign up sheet but was wondering...can he call once a day, week, month...etc?
Old 03-31-2018, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Tysm! It does. He's in level 1 yard. I get the whole sign up sheet but was wondering...can he call once a day, week, month...etc?
I know itís been a while since you asked but just for future reference for anyone out there that would like to know.

Level 1 turn phones on at 9am-12pm .. then turns them on again from 2-4, .. sometimes theyíll let them run till 430 then turns them off, turns them back on from 6:30-9.

Level 1 is a pretty ďchillĒ yard, not much trouble is stirred and program runs smoothly. Very few times have they shut programs down. They get 2 phone slots!
sidewalker (04-01-2018), Weeeblee (04-01-2018)
Old 04-02-2018, 12:20 PM

Anyone heard from C yard?
Old 04-08-2018, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDYJO View Post
I know itís been a while since you asked but just for future reference for anyone out there that would like to know.

Level 1 turn phones on at 9am-12pm .. then turns them on again from 2-4, .. sometimes theyíll let them run till 430 then turns them off, turns them back on from 6:30-9.

Level 1 is a pretty ďchillĒ yard, not much trouble is stirred and program runs smoothly. Very few times have they shut programs down. They get 2 phone slots!
First lemme say tysm for Ur reply, it was helpful but if I may correct U...only from personal experience...
I believe they get turned back on after lunch bcuz my husband has called me around 1245 and a few times shortly after 1. As for 2 time slots...that might be for the sign up sheet but there's been several times he's called me 4-5-6 times in a day and once or twice 9-10 times in one day. From my understanding, as long as no1 is signed up & using the phn, they can call but if they are on the phn and some1 comes up saying they need to use it then he has to get off. That too has happened several times.

Again, tysm for taking the time and replying to me
Old 04-08-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
First lemme say tysm for Ur reply, it was helpful but if I may correct U...only from personal experience...

I believe they get turned back on after lunch bcuz my husband has called me around 1245 and a few times shortly after 1. As for 2 time slots...that might be for the sign up sheet but there's been several times he's called me 4-5-6 times in a day and once or twice 9-10 times in one day. From my understanding, as long as no1 is signed up & using the phn, they can call but if they are on the phn and some1 comes up saying they need to use it then he has to get off. That too has happened several times.

Again, tysm for taking the time and replying to me

Youíre absolutely right in certain aspects. Technically they are only allowed 2 phone calls, .. per the sign up sheet! My sonís father used to call multiple times a day as well, .. it really depends on the cops there. There were instances that guys who were not signed up but were using the phone got a write up, .. 115. One of the cops warned my sonís father, since then if he wanted to use it at a time he was not signed up for heíd ask, at the time he didnít find a phone call worth a write up!

As far as the phones being turned on at 1245, .. Unless thatís changed, your hunny is calling at a time when the phones should be off but the tower forgot to turn it off!! Many times the cops would let the person that was on the phone finish his call but as soon as he finished heíd shut the phone off until his shift was over, not allowing the fellas to make their call at a Signed up time!

In all, I hope the ride is a smooth one. Level 1 is truly a very laid back yard, .. the fellas are really blessed to be there. I hope your hunny makes the best of it!
Old 04-13-2018, 11:15 AM

Can any of you ladies tell me what is the service provider for the phones there?
How much does a 15 mn call usually cost ? My husband is just being transpacked today to be sent there from la Palma in arizona!
Old 04-13-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffsgirl23 View Post
Can any of you ladies tell me what is the service provider for the phones there?
How much does a 15 mn call usually cost ? My husband is just being transpacked today to be sent there from la Palma in arizona!

Calls in CA are made through GTL.
The cost of the call really depends if itís to an out of area code. Iím pretty sure. I pay about .10 a minute because the area code of the prison aligns with my cellphone area code. I know someone pays more for their calls but their phone number does not align with the prisonís area code! If you go to GTLís website itíll state their call rates as well!
Old 04-13-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Thank you so much it does help.
Do you know anything about the phone system.
What company they use and what the cost is. Hes leaving from La Palma on Arizona Tuesday. I'm so worried . I hear so many things about pleasant valley. How long has you loved one been there and how has his experience been?

No problem, thatís what we are here for!

I answered your phone question on the other post, I hope that answered a few of your questions. Heíll be an out of state fella, correct? Calls might be a little higher due to the long distance. Iím not too familiar with out of state, I apologize.

In regards to PV, .. itís been a smooth ride thus far. My sonís father has been there for a little over 2 years. He was initially on C yard, .. while he was there things were a little wacky, some days Iíd get calls others I wouldnít. Sometimes they have constant modified program where theyíre locked down in their cell all day and others they ran smooth programming. Iím only familiar with C yard and E yard which is a level 1 yard. A B C D yards are all Level 3, .. A&D are sensitive needs yards and B&C are general population yards.

E yard is where my sonís father has spent most of his time. This yard is a minimum security yard, no cells just a big dayroom kind of what you see on TV. Itís really a relaxed yard. As long as the guys keep their areas clean, listen to the guard and program it should be a smooth ride. So far, I havenít had a bad experience at this facility. I hope your hunny and your experience are similar!

God Bless You, everything will be okay donít stress yourself out! Itíll take some adjustment time but he will eventually adjust!

Capris are good as long as theyíre not blue. Sandals must be hard soles on the bottom none of the ones that Old Navy sells!!
Old 04-13-2018, 05:32 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,999 Times in 801 Posts
Default Pleasant Valley phones

Quote:
Thank you so much it does help.
Do you know anything about the phone system.
What company they use and what the cost is. Hes leaving from La Palma on Arizona Tuesday. I'm so worried . I hear so many things about pleasant valley. How long has you loved one been there and how has his experience been?

The phone system is GTL. You need to have an account and put money on so that you can accept his call. Why are you worried that he's going to Pleasant Valley? What have you heard?
"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. And then you cash in on guilt"--Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Old 04-13-2018, 05:40 PM
Donation Award 

Can anyone tell me when exactly the guys can call? My son has been out of orientation a couple of days now and I haven't received a phone call. This is not his norm. I pretty much always have money on the phone and he has always called pretty much daily prior to reception and then orientation at P.V. He is level 1 C yard. I'm a little concerned because I haven't received any mail or phone calls.
"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. And then you cash in on guilt"--Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Old 04-13-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris1 View Post
Can anyone tell me when exactly the guys can call? My son has been out of orientation a couple of days now and I haven't received a phone call. This is not his norm. I pretty much always have money on the phone and he has always called pretty much daily prior to reception and then orientation at P.V. He is level 1 C yard. I'm a little concerned because I haven't received any mail or phone calls.

C yard is not a level 1 yard. It is a level 3 yard, .. it is an orientation yard for level 1 though. When my sonís father was on C yard getting ready to transition to level 1 he was only allowed to make 1 call a month because he did not have a job! He occasionally snuck in calls! Maybe this is what is happening with your son.

Phones turn on at 9-12 turn back on 1-4 turn back on at 7-9. Hopes this information helps
Old 04-13-2018, 06:09 PM

That the phone are terrible, never able to get talk time. Always on lock down so visiting is denied.. things like that.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:11 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDYJO View Post
C yard is not a level 1 yard. It is a level 3 yard, .. it is an orientation yard for level 1 though. When my sonís father was on C yard getting ready to transition to level 1 he was only allowed to make 1 call a month because he did not have a job! He occasionally snuck in calls! Maybe this is what is happening with your son.

Phones turn on at 9-12 turn back on 1-4 turn back on at 7-9. Hopes this information helps

No, I called and got his housing. They said he is a level 1 on C yard.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:57 PM
Donation Award 

Default Calls

Well, who knows, maybe they're wrong about him being a level 1. Anyway, thank you for responding.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris1 View Post
Well, who knows, maybe they're wrong about him being a level 1. Anyway, thank you for responding.

Nope, .. theyíre probably right. C yard temporarily houses level 1 inmates, when they initially arrive until they transfer him over to E yard. Itíll probably take a few weeks for him to love over to E yard (level 1) depending on bed space. Iím sure heíll call as soon as he can, remain encouraged!!
Morris1 (04-14-2018)