Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) in Coalinga, California.

Old 02-07-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins*Girls View Post
I have a question to anyone that has possibly dealt with a DV from ur LO from a previous relationship. Well my husband and I have been together going on 8 years and just recently married. WE have children together and a good life prior to his incarceration and Never has any sort of DV whatsoever within our relationship. Now does this automatically make him ineligible for FV or does it go by a case by case basis? I'm hoping that our little girls can wake up to their daddy sometime in the near future. fingers crossed!!

From what I PERSONALLY know it's really case by case. If there were children involved in the DV in his previous relationship they will probably deny the FV with the children, .. I was unable to take my son to see his dad (regular contact visits) because he had a DV case in a previous relationship where children were present.
To clarify, .. I was able to take him in for a short period of time but when the system picked up that DV case from the past my son was no longer allowed to visit with his dad even though the DV did not involve him!
Perkins*Girls (02-07-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2018, 04:51 PM

Ok well that definitely gives me some hope! He is hands down the best father I've seen and I'm not just saying that....lol. There wasn't any children involved with his dv. He was just young and doing things that in courage bad decisions. I appreciate ur time getting back to me on this! Let's say they deny it based on the dv charge.... we could appeal it I know. But do u think any of the appeals are successful? I have read they deny and then I've read some people having been approved with an old dv on LOS record being from a previous relationship.... just as long as it wasn't on the victim of dv. I'm hoping they look at big picture instead of just his history. Sorry about all that blab....lol. Thanks again.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:30 PM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Good evening.. Iím currently waiting for my divorce to be finalized before I marry my bf... Would n e one happen to know if they will ask me for proof in regards to my divorce being finalized before we can apply for family visits... Also how long is the process to be approved once we get married thank you in advance..
Old 02-10-2018, 10:47 PM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Has any one had a family visit with there loved one who is serving Life Without Parole? Iíve heard lifers are eligible but not sure on LWOP thank you in advance
Old 02-11-2018, 12:35 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Thanked 1,270 Times in 787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhrndz82 View Post
Good evening.. Iím currently waiting for my divorce to be finalized before I marry my bf... Would n e one happen to know if they will ask me for proof in regards to my divorce being finalized before we can apply for family visits... Also how long is the process to be approved once we get married thank you in advance..

Before you get approved for your wedding packet, the marriage coordinator will ask you for proof.

If everything is in order, it could be anywhere from 4-6 weeks.
mhrndz82 (02-11-2018)
Old 02-11-2018, 12:38 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Has any one had a family visit with there loved one who is serving Life Without Parole? Iíve heard lifers are eligible but not sure on LWOP thank you in advance
We were the 1st LWOP couple at PV, to get family visits ...

Known fact ❤️🙏🏻
mhrndz82 (02-11-2018)
Old 02-11-2018, 12:44 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins*Girls View Post
Ok well that definitely gives me some hope! He is hands down the best father I've seen and I'm not just saying that....lol. There wasn't any children involved with his dv. He was just young and doing things that in courage bad decisions. I appreciate ur time getting back to me on this! Let's say they deny it based on the dv charge.... we could appeal it I know. But do u think any of the appeals are successful? I have read they deny and then I've read some people having been approved with an old dv on LOS record being from a previous relationship.... just as long as it wasn't on the victim of dv. I'm hoping they look at big picture instead of just his history. Sorry about all that blab....lol. Thanks again.
If it's denied as you made mention, than appeal it with a 602. Each case will be reviewed by the classification committee.

I hope this helps
Old 02-11-2018, 12:56 AM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica View Post
We were the 1st LWOP couple at PV, to get family visits ...

Known fact ❤️🙏🏻
Congratulations... & Thank you
Old 02-11-2018, 01:00 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Congratulations... & Thank you

Thank you and you are welcome, we were approved in March 2017 and had our 1st in May
mhrndz82 (02-11-2018)
Old 04-14-2018, 03:08 PM
Steel sharpens steel

Default New wife

My husband just transferred to pvsp. He hasnít been able to call yet but I know heís there because I used a locator online lol. I have been reading these forums for a long time but never joined but with the new move I have some questions so here it is... I noticed the last post here was back in February are you ladies still receiving visits? We were waiting on our date to come up at calipatria but now I guess we have to start over... Iím sure my husband is going to request the necessary paperwork as soon as heís able but I wanna know how long is it from application to visit?
Old 05-01-2018, 06:40 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colahda View Post
My husband just transferred to pvsp. He hasnít been able to call yet but I know heís there because I used a locator online lol. I have been reading these forums for a long time but never joined but with the new move I have some questions so here it is... I noticed the last post here was back in February are you ladies still receiving visits? We were waiting on our date to come up at calipatria but now I guess we have to start over... Iím sure my husband is going to request the necessary paperwork as soon as heís able but I wanna know how long is it from application to visit?
FV, are every 60-100 days. They are ongoing. It takes about 4-8 weeks to get approved.
sidewalker (05-01-2018)
Old 06-10-2018, 01:05 PM

Default FV forms

Hello everyone, I have been approved for family visiting. I am wondering about the forms that were sent. Do I fill out the order forms for food or wait until I know when the visit is? Or does my son do it? Thank you all God bless
Old 06-10-2018, 05:08 PM
Steel sharpens steel

Just an update. We got approved this week!! No info on how to order food or our actual date though. So 10 days of orientation when transferring, then 4 weeks to approve fv application was my experience. I called walkenhorst and they said they do fv packages for pvsp. If so I’ll definitely be going with them over access. Does anyone know for sure what packages we can used?
Sarianna (06-11-2018)
Old 06-11-2018, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colahda View Post
Just an update. We got approved this week!! No info on how to order food or our actual date though. So 10 days of orientation when transferring, then 4 weeks to approve fv application was my experience. I called walkenhorst and they said they do fv packages for pvsp. If so Iíll definitely be going with them over access. Does anyone know for sure what packages we can used?
If you go to Walkenhorst website and select the facility, one of the package type is Family Visiting. You will select that option. Yes, Walkenhorst has a way better selection over Access!!

Personally, I mail in my forms and money order directly to the FV Coordinator. I will also send it certified because I get scared they might lose it.
After it has been there for about a week, that is when I start calling to schedule my visit. I will also place my order for food at that time. So by the time they call you back to give you your appointment time, your food and everything is already at the facility. It looks better for you so that they don't have to worry about scheduling you and you didn't have everything ready...it has happened before. Some girls wait until the last minute to order their food and it takes too long.

All paperwork and money should be send directly to the Family Visiting Coordinator. Do not send it back to your guy.

Hope this helps for the two new ladies that asked the questions! Enjoy your visits!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jennig For This Useful Post:
Colahda (06-19-2018), Sarianna (06-12-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 10:31 AM
Steel sharpens steel

Default Thank you

Yes, itís does help! Thank you! I ordered my package yesterday and they (walkenhourst) said the orders are behind because they just moved to a new warehouse (FYI) mine wonít even ship until 6/22 but I figure since Iím early (havenít even received forms in the mail yet) then itís fine and my husband has left over money on his family visit account from calipatria. I guess the only thing to do now is to wait for the forms in the mail and start packing ... right?
Sarianna (06-12-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 10:24 PM
Steel sharpens steel

Is anyone waiting for a visit in late July or August? I’m trying to get an idea of how far the dates are out. I received my forms and I’m mailing them to the fv coordinator this week. I don’t have to wait for a money order to clear since we already have money in the fv account. Anyone know what dates I can expect?