Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) in Coalinga, California.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:43 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Thanked 1,279 Times in 791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamswiffey View Post
I have a question ladies lol umm I'm going Saturday to visit do I need to add our son on my visit ? Or is that only for if I'm bringing someone who isn't a minor with me?

I found this on the VPASS website. I hope this helps:

20. How do I add and bring a minor for a visit?
VPASS does not require the age of the visitor. As long as you have the necessary paperwork or documentation for the minor, VPASS does not restrict you from adding the minor as an additional visitor. However, minors may not register their own user account
adamswiffey (01-30-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 11:10 AM
I will always love him...

I have a question. We meaning myself, and my baby's brother and sister are planning a trip to go see him either in May or June. Do we all have to go in at same time? I really want my baby to be able to visit with his siblings without me for a couple of hours. I was thinking if they made an appt for early morning and I made an appt for 10, that would give them enough time to talk with him alone. All 3 of us have not seen him for years...I actually wanted to surprise him if we are able to do it this way. Do you think that is a good idea? I cannot wait!
Old 01-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Summer of 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shereez
I have a question. We meaning myself, and my baby's brother and sister are planning a trip to go see him either in May or June. Do we all have to go in at same time? I really want my baby to be able to visit with his siblings without me for a couple of hours. I was thinking if they made an appt for early morning and I made an appt for 10, that would give them enough time to talk with him alone. All 3 of us have not seen him for years...I actually wanted to surprise him if we are able to do it this way. Do you think that is a good idea? I cannot wait!
Thats a great idea.. yeah u should b able to as long as the visitors are no more than 5.. have ur man's brother and sister get an apt early and u get a 10am one.. thats a great idea.. good luck
Old 01-31-2013, 01:13 PM
Donation Award 

Default food in the visiting room

Hello Ladies,
I finally heard back from the Ombudsman here is their reply regarding the vending people and the vending food petition i emailed to them back in October 2012.

Ms. MacDonald, I apologize for the delay in my response but I have toured the visiting program at Pleasant Valley State Prison and have met with the prison executive staff, the food vendor for the visiting rooms and the IFC to look into your concerns and those of other visitors. The concerns you noted below were voiced by the IFC during our meeting and the vendor and institution are trying to work on addressing the concerns.
During my tour of the visiting rooms I noted some improvements with the quantity of food items in the vending machines along with sufficient condiments and utensils. In addition, the prices of the food appear to be consistent with those at other prisons and while you could purchase similar items for less by shopping out products in the public, please remember the vendor must factor cost of products based on costs associated with running a business. In addition, the vendor has taken into consideration input from visitors to determine what type of food to stock and how much of certain items should be provided and indicated she is open to continuing to do so in the future. We acknowledge that the communication with the vendor is challenging and is an area that requires improvement.
The administration of this prison is committed to looking at ways to improve the visiting program at PVSP and we will continue to monitor the program and provide input as to how they can achieve these results. Your input and comments are very helpful in guiding our efforts to that end and are appreciated.
Please let me know if the vending food is any better and kept full?
Old 01-31-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetpawzgirl View Post
Thats a great idea.. yeah u should b able to as long as the visitors are no more than 5.. have ur man's brother and sister get an apt early and u get a 10am one.. thats a great idea.. good luck
Now if I can just keep the secret...LOL
Old 02-01-2013, 12:48 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitamac View Post
Hello Ladies,
I finally heard back from the Ombudsman here is their reply regarding the vending people and the vending food petition i emailed to them back in October 2012.

Ms. MacDonald, I apologize for the delay in my response but I have toured the visiting program at Pleasant Valley State Prison and have met with the prison executive staff, the food vendor for the visiting rooms and the IFC to look into your concerns and those of other visitors. The concerns you noted below were voiced by the IFC during our meeting and the vendor and institution are trying to work on addressing the concerns.
During my tour of the visiting rooms I noted some improvements with the quantity of food items in the vending machines along with sufficient condiments and utensils. In addition, the prices of the food appear to be consistent with those at other prisons and while you could purchase similar items for less by shopping out products in the public, please remember the vendor must factor cost of products based on costs associated with running a business. In addition, the vendor has taken into consideration input from visitors to determine what type of food to stock and how much of certain items should be provided and indicated she is open to continuing to do so in the future. We acknowledge that the communication with the vendor is challenging and is an area that requires improvement.
The administration of this prison is committed to looking at ways to improve the visiting program at PVSP and we will continue to monitor the program and provide input as to how they can achieve these results. Your input and comments are very helpful in guiding our efforts to that end and are appreciated.
Thank you for sharing and posting . The machines are stocked okay on Saturday but lack on Sunday thru mid morning. The utensils are flimsy sturdier ones are needed. Condiments, they are ALWAYS running out of hot sauce or they just forget to put them out. I cannot comment on what the food was like before, as of now it is ok. I sure would like to know who "The concerns you noted below were voiced by the IFC during our meeting and the vendor and institution" this IFC is?? ....PV definitely needs one!!
For one the clock on B yard is 15 min ahead, B yard visiting room is NEVER open on time the CO begins letting families in at 9, LO's dont come in till 9:20-30 and the CO that belongs in the foyer does NOT stay at her post. She is very disrespectuful and rude to families who are there to visit LO's. My personal observation/opinion.
However, thank you for the update and being a voice for us familes at PV...
Old 02-01-2013, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Omg!!!! What a great idea!!!! Oh your honey will be so surprise....that is very thoughtful of you!!! All is going to work out...yes schedule the appts as you thought...

Please come back to tell us how everything went...:-)

You can do it...you can keep the secret...you only have a few days to go....:-)
Old 02-01-2013, 12:55 AM
Summer of 2017

Quote:

Now if I can just keep the secret...LOL
U will just dont overthink it.. it'll like ur own special moment him seeing u walk in his jaw will drop.. how exciting..
The Following User Says Thank You to Wetpawzgirl For This Useful Post:
Shereez (02-01-2013)
Old 02-01-2013, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitamac
Hello Ladies,

Thanks for sharing...

I was there on Saturday..they had just finish reloading...the prices were high...I can't speak about the quality of the food...I don't eat it...lol

I do agree...it took my hubby all day to come out...or I could have been anxious...well...this lady was waiting for a long time too..um...

Over all it was a nice visit...normally I walk in a prison visiting room irritated cause of the staff and all the bs they put us through...lol I was peaceful...:-)
Old 02-05-2013, 09:52 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

It's almost Valentines Day and it will be a busy weekend at PV. I am looking forward to spending the weekend with my Baby

Who else is going? Is anyone doing anything special during visiting? or sending any of your LO's anything special for

I hope you ALL have a nice week....
Old 02-05-2013, 11:06 AM

Default New today! February 5, 2013 Hello!

Good Morning, My son has been in Pleasant Valley for over 10 years now on A1 ward or block. I have not seen him in over 5 years, because I live out of state. I keep trying to book on that VPASS but it wont let me book for the last week in February, just the up and coming weekend. I need to book flights and plan. What do I do? Can anyone help? I try to call but it rings and rings. Thank you so much. I look forward to communication with you.
I need to see my son and connect with him!

Last edited by motherofsons; 02-05-2013 at 11:25 AM..
Old 02-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherofsons View Post
Good Morning, My son has been in Pleasant Valley for over 10 years now on A1 ward or block. I have not seen him in over 5 years, because I live out of state. I keep trying to book on that VPASS but it wont let me book for the last week in February, just the up and coming weekend. I need to book flights and plan. What do I do? Can anyone help? I try to call but it rings and rings. Thank you so much. I look forward to communication with you.
Welcome to PV...so sorry you are having issues. VPASS at PV, can only be scheduled 1 week prior to visiting. You say that you want to visit the last weekend of February, that would be Sat./Sun. the 23rd and 24th. You would schedule the appointment on Monday the 18th, and so on. I hope this helps. I hope you and your are able to see each other soon
Old 02-05-2013, 05:31 PM

Hello lady's, I have couple questions an concerns about the dress code for p.v.s.p .
My question is can I wear a hooded jacket , its part of a two piece sweat wear like for exsample juicey coutour out fit , hopefully rings the bell. I've been told by some visitors u can't wear any hood material , this Sunday I went to see my lovean I came across by few with hooded gear. Lady's I need ur help
Old 02-05-2013, 06:06 PM
Summer of 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel2487
Hello lady's, I have couple questions an concerns about the dress code for p.v.s.p .
My question is can I wear a hooded jacket , its part of a two piece sweat wear like for exsample juicey coutour out fit , hopefully rings the bell. I've been told by some visitors u can't wear any hood material , this Sunday I went to see my lovean I came across by few with hooded gear. Lady's I need ur help
I always wear hooded jackets or sweaters.. u remove it before entering so they can check it with shoes n whatever else they tell u.. im sure u can pass just fine with one.. ive even worn a shirt with a hood n never took it off.. hope it helps
The Following User Says Thank You to Wetpawzgirl For This Useful Post:
rachel2487 (02-05-2013)
Old 02-05-2013, 07:50 PM

Thank you for replying ill do that, an just in case ill bring extra jacket or sweater for my next visit . Thanks a lot happy face
Old 02-06-2013, 01:27 PM

Does anyone know the number I could call and ask a visiting question? Or maybe someone can help with my question. I sent my visiting form in with my drivers license as my ID. I now only have an ID card. I went to renew my license and was unable to renew it due to some eye issues I am having. My question is will I be able to use CA ID, instead of the drivers license or will I have to send in another visiting form? By the way, I just recently sent in visiting form. How long does it take to get approved? I am planning a visit on June 1st and 2nd...
Old 02-06-2013, 01:54 PM
Loving him always

I plan on visiting in a couple of weeks. What is the weather like there this time of year? Just wondering so I'll know what kind of clothes to take. How far is Fresno from Coalinga? I'm thinking that's where I'll have to fly to. Also, any recommendations for places to stay? Any other advice? Visiting a new prison for the first time is always so intimidating!
Old 02-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shereez View Post
Does anyone know the number I could call and ask a visiting question? Or maybe someone can help with my question. I sent my visiting form in with my drivers license as my ID. I now only have an ID card. I went to renew my license and was unable to renew it due to some eye issues I am having. My question is will I be able to use CA ID, instead of the drivers license or will I have to send in another visiting form? By the way, I just recently sent in visiting form. How long does it take to get approved? I am planning a visit on June 1st and 2nd...

If you use your DL/ID that is fine, what visiting is looking at is the address you used on your visiting form. You should be ok as long as it matches, otherwise you can update the information while there, just tell them you want to update the address if necessary. No need to send another form, the number to call is (559) 935-4900 ext.5708 however the CO at ext. 5715 always picks up, she is a very nice lady. However I read she is on leave but I would try both numbers.

My aunt submitted a visiting form the 1st week of Dec.'12 and her approval came back the 3rd week of Jan'13 . I think you should be okay to visit if you send it out by March. You never know with CDCr. Personally I would send it out and not wait till the last minute.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboysgirl View Post
I plan on visiting in a couple of weeks. What is the weather like there this time of year? Just wondering so I'll know what kind of clothes to take. How far is Fresno from Coalinga? I'm thinking that's where I'll have to fly to. Also, any recommendations for places to stay? Any other advice? Visiting a new prison for the first time is always so intimidating!
It's been chilly high 40's to mid 60's...but I'm always cold I would dress for cool weather, you just never know.
Not sure the distance between Fresno and Coalinga. I would google or mapquest it. I stay in Coalinga, about 15-20 min from PVSP. There is a Motel 6 and a Travelodge, they both run less than $53, a night. I like the Travelodge they provide a small breakfast like coffee , cereal, fruit and Danishes. Hope this helps
dboysgirl (02-06-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica27 View Post
If you use your DL/ID that is fine, what visiting is looking at is the address you used on your visiting form. You should be ok as long as it matches, otherwise you can update the information while there, just tell them you want to update the address if necessary. No need to send another form, the number to call is (559) 935-4900 ext.5708 however the CO at ext. 5715 always picks up, she is a very nice lady. However I read she is on leave but I would try both numbers.

My aunt submitted a visiting form the 1st week of Dec.'12 and her approval came back the 3rd week of Jan'13 . I think you should be okay to visit if you send it out by March. You never know with CDCr. Personally I would send it out and not wait till the last minute.
Thank you..I still have the same address on ID. I sent off visiting form last week. Thanks again you are soooooo helpful!
Old 02-06-2013, 09:31 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shereez View Post
Thank you..I still have the same address on ID. I sent off visiting form last week. Thanks again you are soooooo helpful!
You are welcome. Everyone here is so helpful. I too had many questions as a newbie .
Old 02-06-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica27
It's almost Valentines Day and it will be a busy weekend at PV. I am looking forward to spending the weekend with my Baby

Who else is going? Is anyone doing anything special during visiting? or sending any of your LO's anything special for

I hope you ALL have a nice week....
Yes it will...i am planning to go visit that weekend...

I know it will be crowded..hopefully i can get an appt...

Thanks i hope your week is good also.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherofsons
Hi.

Wow so sorry and this can be stressful. I read somewhere they will accomodate and approve on the spot if you travel over i believe over 250 miles. I think i read on cdrc...california corrections dept site

Also you dont need an appt on vpass..any approved visitor can visit at 10 am...so if youre there at 9 am...you should be good...
Old 02-06-2013, 09:50 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionfruit View Post
Yes it will...i am planning to go visit that weekend...

I know it will be crowded..hopefully i can get an appt...

Thanks i hope your week is good also.

Me and you both. I will be ready at 7:01 lol ... It surely will be crowded...
Old 02-06-2013, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica27

Me and you both. I will be ready at 7:01 lol ... It surely will be crowded...
I know right..lolol ooh goodness..

Have you recieved any calls!