Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) in Coalinga, California.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:29 PM

Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default PVSP Newbie Q&A

If you are new to this prison and you have any questions, please use this for any general questions you may have that do not fit in any of the other Q&A threads!

Please try to stay on topic!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2013, 12:36 PM

Hello

Does anyone knows how long will it take before a person can make a call? He's just transfer from SQ reception...thanks.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:13 PM
HERE WE GO AGAIN

He will be on orientation status for about 2 weeks then will be able to call and have visits

Old 01-03-2013, 02:29 PM

Omg...thanks so much!!!!! Whew....thank you!!:-)
Old 01-03-2013, 03:59 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Thanked 1,279 Times in 791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionfruit View Post
Hello

Does anyone knows how long will it take before a person can make a call? He's just transfer from SQ reception...thanks.
My Baby was on exactly 13 days, I got a call on a Wednesday and was visiting him that Sat & Sun.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Stephanie Turner

Default parole hearing

I wish to know how i can find out if my husband went to his parole hearing and when he'll be released.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephturner View Post
I wish to know how i can find out if my husband went to his parole hearing and when he'll be released.

You can call his counselor and if you dont know his counslore's extension call records they should give you the number
Old 01-03-2013, 04:41 PM

Thanks Nica!!:-)
Old 01-04-2013, 02:42 PM
HERE WE GO AGAIN

CHANCES ARE HIS COUNSELOR WILL NOT TELL YOU HIS RELEASE DATE DUE TO SECURITY REASONS.... BUT I AM POSITIVE THEY WILL TELL YOU IF HE HAS WENT TO HIS HEARING... IF THE RELEASE DATE WILL BE SOON TRY CALLING YOUR LOCAL PAROLE OFFICE AND SEE IF HE HAS BEEN ASSIGNED A PO YET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephturner View Post

Old 01-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Loving him always

Default Hello everyone!

Looks like I'm a "newbie" again. My guy has been at Old Folsom, San Quentin, Solano and now he said they are moving him to PV. The visiting process has been so different at all these places and I'm just wondering what to expect. I read that you have to make an appointment for a visit through VPASS and I wouldn't even know where to begin...I've never had to make an appointment before. Also, I believe he will be SNY. Does anyone know if they get regular visits? I will be traveling from New Mexico and I just want to be as prepared as possible. Since I will have to fly, what is the closest city to fly into? Any info would be so greatly appreciated, visiting a new prison for the first time is always so intimidating, I am so grateful for Prisontalk! Thanks for any help and advice!!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:31 PM
His official girl.

Welcome to PVSP, dboysgirl! After you are approved to visit, you can schedule an appointment on: http://visitorreservations.cdcr.ca.gov

Visiting on an SNY yard is no different than visiting on a GP mainline yard. All the rules and regs are the same. They are contact visits. I would check the lockdown status the days before and day of just to make sure. I believe there is an airport in Fresno and Visalia, but someone else may have more information.

Just wanted to say hello. You may find answers to some of your questions by sifting through the 2012 threads, especially the visiting thread.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faraboverubies For This Useful Post:
dboysgirl (01-05-2013), MarMar916 (12-13-2013)
Old 01-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Loving him always

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraboverubies View Post
Welcome to PVSP, dboysgirl! After you are approved to visit, you can schedule an appointment on: http://visitorreservations.cdcr.ca.gov

Visiting on an SNY yard is no different than visiting on a GP mainline yard. All the rules and regs are the same. They are contact visits. I would check the lockdown status the days before and day of just to make sure. I believe there is an airport in Fresno and Visalia, but someone else may have more information.

Just wanted to say hello. You may find answers to some of your questions by sifting through the 2012 threads, especially the visiting thread.

Thank you so much for responding! Also, thanks for the warm welcome, I have a feeling I'll be looking to you all for advice pretty often! He's been in prison for 3 & 1/2 years already, 3 1/2 more to go. I "re-applied" for visits last year when he was at Solano and was approved, I should still be good to visit, right?? Since I live so far away, I haven't been able to visit in a year and 1/2. I don't know if anything has changed...
The Following User Says Thank You to dboysgirl For This Useful Post:
faraboverubies (01-06-2013)
Old 01-05-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboysgirl
Looks like I'm a "newbie" again. My guy has been at Old Folsom, San Quentin, Solano and now he said they are moving him to PV. The visiting process has been so different at all these places and I'm just wondering what to expect. I read that you have to make an appointment for a visit through VPASS and I wouldn't even know where to begin...I've never had to make an appointment before. Also, I believe he will be SNY. Does anyone know if they get regular visits? I will be traveling from New Mexico and I just want to be as prepared as possible. Since I will have to fly, what is the closest city to fly into? Any info would be so greatly appreciated, visiting a new prison for the first time is always so intimidating, I am so grateful for Prisontalk! Thanks for any help and advice!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dboysgirl

Thank you so much for responding! Also, thanks for the warm welcome, I have a feeling I'll be looking to you all for advice pretty often! He's been in prison for 3 & 1/2 years already, 3 1/2 more to go. I "re-applied" for visits last year when he was at Solano and was approved, I should still be good to visit, right?? Since I live so far away, I haven't been able to visit in a year and 1/2. I don't know if anything has changed...
I would recommend reading visiting thread from 2011-2010 there were a lot more questions asked back then and lots of answers.
If you were approved, it should transfer with him.
As for flying in, there is an airport in Fresno but I'm not sure it's a major one, but it is the closest. Also I would recommend getting refundable or changeable plane tickets in case of lockdowns. You should check the lockdown hotline before you fly out. They can change at any minute, but at least if its up before you leave you don't waste a trip. Also enterprise rental cars has $9.99 weekend days out here in Cali. I would recommend checking their website if you plan on renting a car.

Like faraboverubies said, SNY gets regular visits. They actually go on lockdown less than the other yards at PV so that's a plus in your favor. If you end up on a that's where we were. It's decent. Little yard you can go out on. We never had one terminated for overcrowding. Just be careful with your PDA. They watch closely here. Small kids at the start and end. You can hold hands above the table during the visit just don't be overly affectionate.
Feel free to ask anything. The ladies here are wonderfully helpful. Someone will eventually answer.
dboysgirl (01-06-2013), faraboverubies (01-06-2013), MarMar916 (12-13-2013)
Old 01-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Loving him always

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalPuppyLove View Post
I would recommend reading visiting thread from 2011-2010 there were a lot more questions asked back then and lots of answers.
If you were approved, it should transfer with him.
As for flying in, there is an airport in Fresno but I'm not sure it's a major one, but it is the closest. Also I would recommend getting refundable or changeable plane tickets in case of lockdowns. You should check the lockdown hotline before you fly out. They can change at any minute, but at least if its up before you leave you don't waste a trip. Also enterprise rental cars has $9.99 weekend days out here in Cali. I would recommend checking their website if you plan on renting a car.

Like faraboverubies said, SNY gets regular visits. They actually go on lockdown less than the other yards at PV so that's a plus in your favor. If you end up on a that's where we were. It's decent. Little yard you can go out on. We never had one terminated for overcrowding. Just be careful with your PDA. They watch closely here. Small kids at the start and end. You can hold hands above the table during the visit just don't be overly affectionate.
Feel free to ask anything. The ladies here are wonderfully helpful. Someone will eventually answer.
Thank you so much! I will go through the older threads and see what else I can find out. And I will definitely need to rent a car, looks like I might have to make the long drive from LA...The things we do for our loved ones!! If anyone has suggestions, ideas or advice for me PLEASE let me know, thanks again!!
Old 01-07-2013, 12:18 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Welcome to the PV familia Dboysgirl

I would suggest flying into Burbank, there is 1 of 2 fwys closest to Burbank airport, rather than LA/LAX. The 5 fwy going north is the one that will take you to PV, no changing fwys at all . From Burbank to PV it's about a 2hr 40min drive. There are a cple of hotels/motels close by about a 20 min drive to PV, the most economical is Motel 5 or the Travelodge both located in Coalinga, under $51 per night.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. We have a bunch of knowledgeable ladies here!! Once again welcome
dboysgirl (01-07-2013)
Old 01-07-2013, 09:09 PM
Loving him always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica27 View Post
Welcome to the PV familia Dboysgirl

I would suggest flying into Burbank, there is 1 of 2 fwys closest to Burbank airport, rather than LA/LAX. The 5 fwy going north is the one that will take you to PV, no changing fwys at all . From Burbank to PV it's about a 2hr 40min drive. There are a cple of hotels/motels close by about a 20 min drive to PV, the most economical is Motel 5 or the Travelodge both located in Coalinga, under $51 per night.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. We have a bunch of knowledgeable ladies here!! Once again welcome
Thank you SO much for responding! I am not familiar with this part of CA since I've been visiting SQ and Folsom. I would be so lost without all of you!! And thanks again for the warm welcome, it means a lot to me!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:00 AM
porsiempre hisPRINCESS

Default In Regards To C-yard

Hello Ladies

As I've Mention Before My Husband Recently Got Transfer To PV from KV . His Points Drop So His Classification Went Down From Level 4 to Level 3 This Past Weeken Was My First Visit At PV Which Went Great He Gave Me One Good News And One Bad News . . Good News Innocents Project Is Taking His Case (hes' a lifer) && Bad News He Was Told PV Will No Longer Carry A Cyard WithIn 6Months Which Means They Will Be Transfering Him Out
Can Anybody Give Me A Feedback?
Should I Call His Counselor ?
Since He's Fighting His Case Can He Still Be Sent Out Of State ?

Old 01-09-2013, 01:04 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifeyMrsG View Post
Hello Ladies

As I've Mention Before My Husband Recently Got Transfer To PV from KV . His Points Drop So His Classification Went Down From Level 4 to Level 3 This Past Weeken Was My First Visit At PV Which Went Great He Gave Me One Good News And One Bad News . . Good News Innocents Project Is Taking His Case (hes' a lifer) && Bad News He Was Told PV Will No Longer Carry A Cyard WithIn 6Months Which Means They Will Be Transfering Him Out
Can Anybody Give Me A Feedback?
Should I Call His Counselor ?
Since He's Fighting His Case Can He Still Be Sent Out Of State ?
They cannot transfer Lifers out of state...
I'm not sure what you mean about "C" yard will no longer carry "A".?
My Baby transferred there in Oct. and he went from a level 4 to level 3 and he is Medium A Custody.
wifeyMrsG (01-10-2013)
Old 01-10-2013, 03:25 AM
porsiempre hisPRINCESS

Quote:
They cannot transfer Lifers out of state...
I'm not sure what you mean about "C" yard will no longer carry "A".?
My Baby transferred there in Oct. and he went from a level 4 to level 3 and he is Medium A Custody.
Phhhewww !
&& about Cyard , he said he was told they'll be transfering inmates from Cyard to other prisons within the next 6months or so. Your baby is Close A ? Is he a lifer too?

Old 01-10-2013, 07:58 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

@WIFEYMRSG....
Phhhewww !

&& about Cyard , he said he was told they'll be transfering inmates from Cyard to other prisons within the next 6months or so. Your baby is Close A ? Is he a lifer too?

Well maybe your hubby can go from one yard to another still at PV . My Baby is Md A, not close custody, everyones custody level drops based on the amount of time served and based on points I believe. Yes, he is a lifer , as your avatar shows we are together till the wheels fall off . I will continue to do the time with him. It takes a strong woman to do so. This occurs, I believe when you have a great man beside you, I thank God I have that. This life isnt for everyone. We have our family, and GOD! God is watching over us, I know it in my heart, as he watches over are other LO's...God is good and works in mysterious ways

Last edited by Nica; 01-10-2013 at 07:59 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Nica For This Useful Post:
wifeyMrsG (01-12-2013)
Old 01-10-2013, 09:19 PM
porsiempre hisPRINCESS

Quote:
Well maybe your hubby can go from one yard to another still at PV . My Baby is Md A, not close custody, everyones custody level drops based on the amount of time served and based on points I believe. Yes, he is a lifer , as your avatar shows we are together till the wheels fall off . I will continue to do the time with him. It takes a strong woman to do so. This occurs, I believe when you have a great man beside you, I thank God I have that. This life isnt for everyone. We have our family, and GOD! God is watching over us, I know it in my heart, as he watches over are other LO's...God is good and works in mysterious ways

I Wouldnt Like Us To Transfer So Quick I Like PV , I Really Enjoyed Visiting And Didnt Have Problems Going Through The Processing Center && Yes My Lady I Believe We Are Some Strong Wifeys and Our GOD Defenetly Works In Mysterious Ways, Before We Got Married We Ask Him For Direction and We Got Married After Our Bigg Annual Anniversity Day God is LOVE and WE wouldnt be Nothing without him

Old 01-11-2013, 07:57 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifeyMrsG View Post

I Wouldnt Like Us To Transfer So Quick I Like PV , I Really Enjoyed Visiting And Didnt Have Problems Going Through The Processing Center && Yes My Lady I Believe We Are Some Strong Wifeys and Our GOD Defenetly Works In Mysterious Ways, Before We Got Married We Ask Him For Direction and We Got Married After Our Bigg Annual Anniversity Day God is LOVE and WE wouldnt be Nothing without him

I enjoy PV, minus the rats on "B", I really cant complain. My Baby likes it there too, he likes the program and the food lol. I just wish at times I could peck and hug him more , but its ok we get what we can. I am blessed and couldnt be happier, my God is good. I hope you both can stick around at PV . Plus you are welcome.
wifeyMrsG (01-12-2013)
Old 01-12-2013, 02:36 PM
porsiempre hisPRINCESS

Quote:
I enjoy PV, minus the rats on "B", I really cant complain. My Baby likes it there too, he likes the program and the food lol. I just wish at times I could peck and hug him more , but its ok we get what we can. I am blessed and couldnt be happier, my God is good. I hope you both can stick around at PV . Plus you are welcome.

i hope so too thanks for replying girl and blessings. ttys.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:23 AM

Hello lady's, its me Rae Rae I have a question if anyone can answer me, do inmates have the rights to receive a copy of the police report that was taken day of the incident or what lead them to slammer? My love ask me to get the police report out here , but idk if I can do that, I had ask around an Ive been told many story's. What should I do?
Old 02-06-2013, 07:41 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

@ Rachel, yes you can. Write his CDC# at the top of the report or anywhere it can be visible circle it if you may. I send my Baby in the mail court briefings all the time. I have never had one returned .