Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) in Coalinga, California.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Thanked 1,279 Times in 791 Posts
Talking Just Because

You ladies here on the PV forum are awesome!

Knowledge is power.... as we say at my place of employment sharing is caring .

Just wanted you all to know that ...
Mylonglostlove (04-08-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2013, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica27
You ladies here on the PV forum are awesome!

Knowledge is power.... as we say at my place of employment sharing is caring .

Just wanted you all to know that ...
Aw thanks Nica27, you're pretty awesome yourself chica!!!:-)
Old 04-09-2013, 11:20 AM
I will always love him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionfruit View Post
Did you use a book store to send the bible? Thanks.
I ordered from amazon.com I thought I had read you could order from there.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shereez
I ordered from amazon.com I thought I had read you could order from there.
Ok...thank you...
Old 04-09-2013, 07:50 PM
Loving him always

Hello ladies! Have any of you ordered magazine subscriptions for your guys? Mine used to get Rolling Stone and American Curves at other prisons and really enjoyed them. Does anyone know if those are allowed here? Thanks!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:26 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboysgirl View Post
Hello ladies! Have any of you ordered magazine subscriptions for your guys? Mine used to get Rolling Stone and American Curves at other prisons and really enjoyed them. Does anyone know if those are allowed here? Thanks!

Yes, I have Men's Health. All facilities allow periodicals, it is in the Title 15.
dboysgirl (04-10-2013)
Old 04-12-2013, 11:53 PM

Alright ladies, so I know I will have to wait until he's out of his orientation but he already sent me his form to order him a package. So have any of you lovely ladies ordered a recent package from Access Securepak and found out that they no longer carry shoes nor like sell tank tops or anything of clothing except thermals? I called them and chatted with them via online and I was told the same. I just want to make sure I'm not being bullshitted or because their website changed slighty I'm not using it correctly. ha I hope not but I've ordered packages from them in the past.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:18 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreArt<3 View Post
Alright ladies, so I know I will have to wait until he's out of his orientation but he already sent me his form to order him a package. So have any of you lovely ladies ordered a recent package from Access Securepak and found out that they no longer carry shoes nor like sell tank tops or anything of clothing except thermals? I called them and chatted with them via online and I was told the same. I just want to make sure I'm not being bullshitted or because their website changed slighty I'm not using it correctly. ha I hope not but I've ordered packages from them in the past.

Really , no more shoes, that's odd . They will lose more business if that's so. These last few times, we have used Union Supply, and Walkenhorst's. I used Access Securepak religiously, but stopped since there website was hacked and they notified there consumers a year later to check the credit card, we last used to order a package. The website has been down for a minute while they straightened out the matter. I ordered shoes from Union Supply this last quarter. I have not used Access for the last 6 months
Old 04-14-2013, 10:03 PM

has anyone had a problem sending money? i tried to send money through jpay to an inmate and it said his account was blocked. i called and they told me i would have to find out why from the prison anyone know why it could be or how to go around it?
Old 04-15-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica View Post
Really , no more shoes, that's odd . They will lose more business if that's so. These last few times, we have used Union Supply, and Walkenhorst's. I used Access Securepak religiously, but stopped since there website was hacked and they notified there consumers a year later to check the credit card, we last used to order a package. The website has been down for a minute while they straightened out the matter. I ordered shoes from Union Supply this last quarter. I have not used Access for the last 6 months
Okay,so I ordered a catalog and finally spoke to someone who knew what sounded right and explained because his status has not changed, I cant see those items yet until his status changes probably until he's out of orientation. I received the same letter from them because I ordered from them religiously too. That people's info was stolen and to keep a look out on my account. Thanks for the response.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:33 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreArt<3 View Post
Okay,so I ordered a catalog and finally spoke to someone who knew what sounded right and explained because his status has not changed, I cant see those items yet until his status changes probably until he's out of orientation. I received the same letter from them because I ordered from them religiously too. That people's info was stolen and to keep a look out on my account. Thanks for the response.
That makes sense. He is still in orientation.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:18 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica View Post
Hi there justjess ...

Have you tried the inmate locater? are you using the correct housing is he in GP/SNY/ASU yard? this can be an issue, if he is getting your mail or not?

Mail can be slow as well, it is spring break, maybe staff took off to be with there families , and has slowed the mailroom down.

No, pens/pencils are not allowed in a mail package. I would call records in the morning to verify his housing. You can call ext 121.

You can send him a postcard, those get to them pretty quick..Keep the faith.
Continue to write to him, I'm sure you will hear from him soon.
update: i finally heard from him! yay! i was so excited when i opened the mail box today. but then i read his letter and it made me sad. hes gotten all my letters, but doesnt write because he said its better to forget his past life, family, friends, etc. and to only focus on the life he has now because its the life he will have forever. i would like to still write even if he doesnt want to write back just so he knows that he has family that cares, but i dont want to make him sad
Old 05-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjess8956 View Post
update: i finally heard from him! yay! i was so excited when i opened the mail box today. but then i read his letter and it made me sad. hes gotten all my letters, but doesnt write because he said its better to forget his past life, family, friends, etc. and to only focus on the life he has now because its the life he will have forever. i would like to still write even if he doesnt want to write back just so he knows that he has family that cares, but i dont want to make him sad
Glad to read your update. I'm sorry to hear he is going thru this, but some men do. They withdraw from family and friends. Just keep writing him and letting him know how things are at home. I'm sure he will come around, it may take a minute but he will. He is lucky to have you, good luck

Last edited by Nica; 05-08-2013 at 07:55 PM..
Old 05-09-2013, 04:35 AM
I will always love him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjess8956 View Post
Yes, if I were you I would continue to write. Our family kinda went through something similar with my uncle when my dad, his brother, passed away. He totally cut us off. He now writes, and we plan on visiting him soon. He said he couldn't deal with the pain, but we never quit writing to him, and didn't hear from him for years. He now thanks us for not giving up on him.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjess8956

Thanks forth update. Aw won so sad...dam...I have tears...whew...on one level I can understand...on another keep writing him show him he has family that cares...keep writing he will come around no matter who he's become in there he is still that person you know and love... Don't let him forgot that.one day the will appreciate all you're letters showing you care..keep him update on the life outside.:-)
Old 06-12-2013, 07:42 AM
Loving him always

Besides J-Pay, what is a good way to send money to an inmate?
Old 06-12-2013, 09:40 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboysgirl View Post
Besides J-Pay, what is a good way to send money to an inmate?
I would use the old fashion Money Order, you can get one from the post office. I think for .90 cents. I only know of these 2 safe ways.
dboysgirl (06-12-2013)
Old 06-16-2013, 12:36 AM

how does this work ladies? how often can they get a package? my hubby should be getting there if nalready is there! he said he will send me his list and let me know how to do it but he said I need to do it by the end of ths month? im worried cus I wont have money tilk the 2nd of next month im worried :/
Old 06-16-2013, 09:28 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by medinabby View Post
how does this work ladies? how often can they get a package? my hubby should be getting there if nalready is there! he said he will send me his list and let me know how to do it but he said I need to do it by the end of ths month? im worried cus I wont have money tilk the 2nd of next month im worried :/
1 pkg every quarter, a total of 4 per year. You can order on line, by mail, or via phone. This is a list of approved vendors, he can choose from. There are others, but these seem to be the most popular. Once he sends you a list you can order it directly from the vendor..

Access Securepak www.californiaqp.com
Sparks, NV (800) 546-6283

Packages R Us www.packagesrus.com
West Covina, CA (866) 303-7787

Union Supply Direct www.CaliforniaInmatePackage.com
Rancho Dominguez, Ca (866) 404-8989

Walkenhorst's https://walkenhorsts.com
Napa, Ca (800) 660-9255
Old 06-17-2013, 05:11 PM

Default thank you:)

and I have another question lol srry do they have a deadline by when theu have to be sent?
Old 06-17-2013, 09:39 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by medinabby View Post
and I have another question lol srry do they have a deadline by when theu have to be sent?
Packages are mailed out quarterly such as :

1st Quarter: Jan Feb March
2nd Quarter: Apr May June
3rd Quarter: July Aug Sept.
4th Quarter: Oct Nov Dec.

You have from the first day of the quarter to the last day of that quarter. Any day, any month. As long as the package is mailed during that quarter and that quarter only. Right now they are on 2nd quarter packages. You have until June 30th to send a pkg for 2qrtr. They are beginning to take pre-orders for 3rd qrtr which begin July 1st.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:52 AM

Default nica

okay gotcha thank u so much!so I can send his package any day of july for the 3rd quarterly package?
Old 06-18-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medinabby
okay gotcha thank u so much!so I can send his package any day of july for the 3rd quarterly package?
Yes, any day of July you can submit the order for his 3rd Quarter Package. Any time between July-Sept. hope this helps
Old 06-18-2013, 07:21 PM

Default weareart :)

thank you so much it does help
Old 06-28-2013, 08:17 AM

Please help!! Im oredering my hubbys package can i still order for 2nd quaeter or do i have to order for 3rd? Let me know asap thanks in advance