Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Missouri Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 01-12-2016, 02:32 PM

Question X-Guard Visiting/Will I be able to visit in MO?

Hello,

I am new here and have never had anyone I was close to be incarcerated. I have been dating a young man now for about 7 months and he is currently on a parole hold and will be shipped back to prison within the next 3 weeks is what the lawyer says.

Now as fate would have it I was a Prison Guard for the state of Missouri from aug 2012-may 2013. I did not know him while he was there and he was not there at the time I worked there. I met him through a mutual friend.

Now I am also on SIS misdemeanor probation for misuse of a credit device/theft.

Is there any possibility to get approved on his visiting list or do I beg him to try to get back to St.Louis County Jail so I can visit. His lawyer has a couple options.

My SO would prefer to be in state than sit in county as it is cheaper for stuff and you have a lot more "freedom", but if I cant visit I almost just want to pay the difference in "cost" of stuff than not see him for at least a year :'(.

I cant find any literature to say what the time frame is for x-guards visiting. I am not sure if he will return to the prison I worked at or if he will ship out else where as he may level up with the new alledged charges.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2016, 04:50 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,531 Times in 11,454 Posts

I don't know the answers, sorry. File your visitor's application and see what happens. If it is denied, both you and he can appeal the decision. I hope you are approved.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:18 AM

Talking SOP for visiting if you were former EMPLOYEE

Ex-Staff Members:

a. An ex-staff member, whose separation from service is not in good standing, who was under investigation or who had discipline pending at the time of departure from service will not be permitted to visit for a minimum of 5 years.

b. Ex-staff members, whose separation from service has been verified as in good standing, may be considered for approval to visit an offender 6 months after separation from service.

Chris Neiman
Associate Constituent Services Officer
Missouri Department of Corrections
Old 01-16-2018, 01:28 PM

Default Not always true

I am an ex co and am fighting to get visitation with my fiance right now. I left in good standing but all they seem to see is past corrects officer. Our first application was denied because " it would not be in the best interest of the inmate". Nothing was said about my job history but I do not have ANY criminal history. Then the 2nd application took over 45 days to get back and the caseworkers secretary was an ex co from my old house. Truthfully it just seems like if you were once employed with DOC you have a very hard time getting visits approved.