Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) located in San Diego, California.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-26-2012, 08:57 PM
traviesita's Avatar
traviesita traviesita is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Califas...
Posts: 3,285
Thanks: 3,122
Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default RJD Ad-Seg Questions/Issues

This thread is for any questions, issues or information regarding Ad-Seg- Administrative Segregation- AKA "the hole"....
__________________
Site Moderator:
Cali What you Need to Know ~
Arizona ~ Arkansas~ KVSP ~ Loving a Lifer
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 06-18-2013, 09:58 AM
bamboo'swife bamboo'swife is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 704
Thanks: 294
Thanked 356 Times in 271 Posts
Default

I have a question. I have asked in other forums but nobody has responded. My husband went to the hole in Chino and I was wondering if anybody knew if they can buy food while they are in there. Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-18-2013, 01:04 PM
gothika22 gothika22 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: california, usa
Posts: 473
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

yes they can, i believe they go once a week to canteen at donovan



Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo'swife View Post
I have a question. I have asked in other forums but nobody has responded. My husband went to the hole in Chino and I was wondering if anybody knew if they can buy food while they are in there. Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gothika22 For This Useful Post:
bamboo'swife (06-18-2013)
  #4  
Old 06-18-2013, 03:39 PM
bamboo'swife bamboo'swife is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 704
Thanks: 294
Thanked 356 Times in 271 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothika View Post
yes they can, i believe they go once a week to canteen at donovan
Great! Thank you for your response.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bamboo'swife For This Useful Post:
  #5  
Old 06-19-2013, 08:29 AM
mlcnkc mlcnkc is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 661
Thanks: 166
Thanked 359 Times in 252 Posts
Default

I know some prisons are different but when they are in the hole they usually can only go once a month. And I know the amount is some where around 50.00, not the full 220.00 for the month.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mlcnkc For This Useful Post:
bamboo'swife (06-19-2013)
  #6  
Old 06-19-2013, 09:33 AM
bamboo'swife bamboo'swife is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 704
Thanks: 294
Thanked 356 Times in 271 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcnkc View Post
I know some prisons are different but when they are in the hole they usually can only go once a month. And I know the amount is some where around 50.00, not the full 220.00 for the month.
Oh okay. It's next to impossible to get a live person on the phone to help me so I thought I would ask around. At least I know that he can buy something eventually. I sent him money so whenever they decide he can go, he has it there.

Thank you for your response.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bamboo'swife For This Useful Post:
mlcnkc (06-20-2013)
  #7  
Old 06-20-2013, 07:45 AM
gothika22 gothika22 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: california, usa
Posts: 473
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

checklist chica, envelopes, stamps, paper, money,pictures, and lots of mail right there with you girl


Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo'swife View Post
Oh okay. It's next to impossible to get a live person on the phone to help me so I thought I would ask around. At least I know that he can buy something eventually. I sent him money so whenever they decide he can go, he has it there.

Thank you for your response.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gothika22 For This Useful Post:
bamboo'swife (06-20-2013)
  #8  
Old 06-20-2013, 08:18 AM
bamboo'swife bamboo'swife is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 704
Thanks: 294
Thanked 356 Times in 271 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothika View Post
checklist chica, envelopes, stamps, paper, money,pictures, and lots of mail right there with you girl
Got it and thank you
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-21-2013, 07:43 AM
gothika22 gothika22 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: california, usa
Posts: 473
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

thank God its easier to make an appt now, it was horrible before atleast for the last 8 years but as of this year its cool to make one = ) some things get better and others got way worst = (
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-25-2013, 07:07 AM
gothika22 gothika22 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: california, usa
Posts: 473
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i just found out this past weekend that they go to store once a month i believe it will be the 5 the of the month = )
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-26-2013, 09:24 AM
bamboo'swife bamboo'swife is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 704
Thanks: 294
Thanked 356 Times in 271 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothika View Post
i just found out this past weekend that they go to store once a month i believe it will be the 5 the of the month = )
Once a month huh?

I wonder if it is like that at Chino also.

Nobody seems to really respond in that forum so I look through other ones to see if I can get some kind of answers.

Well I will just keep money on his books to ensure that he gets some things he needs. He is starving right now
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-27-2013, 07:42 AM
gothika22 gothika22 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: california, usa
Posts: 473
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yea girl when they in adseg they need to go to store, they do not eat the same i know it breaks me heart to think of it keep that money in the books chica !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo'swife View Post
once a month huh?

I wonder if it is like that at chino also.

Nobody seems to really respond in that forum so i look through other ones to see if i can get some kind of answers.

Well i will just keep money on his books to ensure that he gets some things he needs. He is starving right now
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gothika22 For This Useful Post:
bamboo'swife (07-02-2013)
  #13  
Old 07-02-2013, 08:54 AM
bamboo'swife bamboo'swife is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 704
Thanks: 294
Thanked 356 Times in 271 Posts
Default

Ugh!!!

I hope he has gotten something to eat by now. I get letters and he hasn't said whether or not he has gotten any food yet.

I will be going to see him this weekend so I will find out.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-05-2013, 12:19 PM
gothika22 gothika22 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: california, usa
Posts: 473
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

well mines was saying that he might be goin today he hoped he is in b yard, yea their portions are kids size in the hole, its terrible



Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo'swife View Post
Ugh!!!

I hope he has gotten something to eat by now. I get letters and he hasn't said whether or not he has gotten any food yet.

I will be going to see him this weekend so I will find out.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-10-2013, 12:53 PM
bamboo'swife bamboo'swife is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 704
Thanks: 294
Thanked 356 Times in 271 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothika View Post
well mines was saying that he might be goin today he hoped he is in b yard, yea their portions are kids size in the hole, its terrible
Went and saw him this past weekend and he still hadn't gone to the store Hasn't gotten letters except for one which I sent on June 13th Gheez they are slow with the mail. He has tons stored in that mail room though I tell ya!
And yeah he said that the food portions aren't even enough to feed our grand daughter (she's 3)
Damn shame!!!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-11-2013, 07:15 AM
gothika22 gothika22 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: california, usa
Posts: 473
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i went also and they are suppppppppppose to go to store this week at my husbands section, he got his frist letter in ad seg when he was there for 3 weeks, now he is getting his mail regularly. yesssss the portions are kids size and i think its all prison cus i read the same complaint somewhere eles, really? come on these are men. keep writing chica that is the most important thang other than goin to visit, i send him around 4 letters out each week now will be glad when we finally get the transfer, i"m done with donovan after 8 yrs.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo'swife View Post
Went and saw him this past weekend and he still hadn't gone to the store Hasn't gotten letters except for one which I sent on June 13th Gheez they are slow with the mail. He has tons stored in that mail room though I tell ya!
And yeah he said that the food portions aren't even enough to feed our grand daughter (she's 3)
Damn shame!!!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gothika22 For This Useful Post:
bamboo'swife (07-11-2013)
  #17  
Old 07-11-2013, 07:22 AM
Sheryl P.'s Avatar
Sheryl P. Sheryl P. is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: california
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 2,740
Thanked 3,953 Times in 2,167 Posts
Default

Shu and Ad Seg. meals are bland and designed to keep them half starved.
The most you can do is buy the yearly package if they have been in over a year and the platry allowed "store" each month of $55.oo Keep in mind all the $$$ that get taken out for 55% restitution and j-pay takes another 10% or so too.It gets expensive but they do get fed childs portions of not very high quality **** "food".
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sheryl P. For This Useful Post:
bamboo'swife (07-11-2013)
  #18  
Old 07-11-2013, 10:23 AM
bamboo'swife bamboo'swife is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 704
Thanks: 294
Thanked 356 Times in 271 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothika View Post
i went also and they are suppppppppppose to go to store this week at my husbands section, he got his frist letter in ad seg when he was there for 3 weeks, now he is getting his mail regularly. yesssss the portions are kids size and i think its all prison cus i read the same complaint somewhere eles, really? come on these are men. keep writing chica that is the most important thang other than goin to visit, i send him around 4 letters out each week now will be glad when we finally get the transfer, i"m done with donovan after 8 yrs.
Goodness!
Such a nightmare! Yes all I can do is keep sending the money and letters. I go see him when I can. Trying to get to Chino from San Diego in the afternoon is ridiculous. His visits are on Sudays at 1:00 so that is big time traffic.
I know you WILL be happy when you get your transfer. Will he be closer to you then?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-11-2013, 10:26 AM
bamboo'swife bamboo'swife is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 704
Thanks: 294
Thanked 356 Times in 271 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl P. View Post
Shu and Ad Seg. meals are bland and designed to keep them half starved.
The most you can do is buy the yearly package if they have been in over a year and the platry allowed "store" each month of $55.oo Keep in mind all the $$$ that get taken out for 55% restitution and j-pay takes another 10% or so too.It gets expensive but they do get fed childs portions of not very high quality **** "food".
Yes I can barely afford to send money right now and then the fact that they take out the resitution makes it even harder BUT it is what it is. So question...if he has an actual court date set, could they screw around and not have court and keep him in there as long as they want to or do they have to see him in court on the day they said he goes? Supposidly that is when he gets to tell the judge his side of things and then they make their decision.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-12-2013, 07:45 AM
gothika22 gothika22 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: california, usa
Posts: 473
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

he will be about just the same cus i live in l.a so its pretty much in the middle, we are very much welcoming the change, donovan is just not the same since we came. i go on sundays also the last visit = ) i have no problem with traffic just alittle slow goin home but thats always been the case in the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo'swife View Post
Goodness!
Such a nightmare! Yes all I can do is keep sending the money and letters. I go see him when I can. Trying to get to Chino from San Diego in the afternoon is ridiculous. His visits are on Sudays at 1:00 so that is big time traffic.
I know you WILL be happy when you get your transfer. Will he be closer to you then?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-12-2013, 08:59 AM
bamboo'swife bamboo'swife is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 704
Thanks: 294
Thanked 356 Times in 271 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothika View Post
he will be about just the same cus i live in l.a so its pretty much in the middle, we are very much welcoming the change, donovan is just not the same since we came. i go on sundays also the last visit = ) i have no problem with traffic just alittle slow goin home but thats always been the case in the summer.
Oh okay well that is good for you guys then. Are you guys almost done?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-15-2013, 07:32 AM
gothika22 gothika22 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: california, usa
Posts: 473
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

of course we do not, cus he could be endorsed and moved anytime, its just a waiting game, no real date is ever given to how long you wait in there you know? but no matter what like i told him lets get the f@#$ outta here lol



Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo'swife View Post
Oh okay well that is good for you guys then. Are you guys almost done?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gothika22 For This Useful Post:
bamboo'swife (07-15-2013)
  #23  
Old 07-15-2013, 08:50 AM
bamboo'swife bamboo'swife is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 704
Thanks: 294
Thanked 356 Times in 271 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothika View Post
of course we do not, cus he could be endorsed and moved anytime, its just a waiting game, no real date is ever given to how long you wait in there you know? but no matter what like i told him lets get the f@#$ outta here lol
Well hopefully not too long for you guys. I have no idea what is going to happen for us now Hopefully he will be home this year.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-31-2013, 07:36 AM
gothika22 gothika22 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: california, usa
Posts: 473
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

have to say that sharon that makes the appts is very nice = ) plsssssss lets get outta hereeeeeeee ready for the next episode lol
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gothika22 For This Useful Post:
bamboo'swife (07-31-2013)
  #25  
Old 03-26-2014, 04:54 PM
Valinda8184 Valinda8184 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: cali
Posts: 25
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default need help

Can anyone tell me what the ad seg yards are at Donovan
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corcoran State Prison (COR) Ad-Seg & SHU Questions/Issues traviesita Corcoran State Prison (COR) - California 323 11-04-2016 03:27 PM
WSP Ad-Seg Questions/Issues traviesita Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California 1 06-09-2016 11:29 PM
SCC Ad-Seg Questions/Issues traviesita Sierra Conservation Center (SCC) - California 7 01-10-2016 03:35 AM
Questions/Issues re FOIL CINDYinIN Tennessee General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat 89 06-15-2009 10:11 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:20 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics