Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Lost in the System
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Lost in the System Are you having problems locating someone in jail or prison? Place your missing person ad in this forum, as well as find out what resources & techniques others are using to find loved ones in the system.

Old 05-13-2019, 02:05 PM

Default Searching for my father, Edward J Bochnia

He was released from the federal prison in Seagoville, TX in February to a halfway house. An inmate search brings up "RRM Phoenix". But that is only an administrative office. Apparently, they will not tell me where specifically he has been sent to.

Prior to this, for the last 12 years, he would send me letters requesting money and books. I have power of attorney over his finances and am the only contact he has on the outside. He is almost 80 yrs old and has spent the last year confined to a wheelchair. I have not received one letter from him since his release and I am afraid something might have happened to him healthwise that is preventing him from contacting me.

Reaching out if anyone has any insights or ideas as to where I might go next for information.

Thanks for reading.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2019, 05:52 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 21,726 Times in 12,560 Posts

According to the inmate locator, he is still in bop custody at a HWH. If he had been released, the inmate locator would show his release date. After release you can contact the US Probation Office in the city where he is living since he will have his "supervised release" out of that office.

Here is a list of all current HWH contracts. Find the ones where he might be and ask them if he is a "resident" (or if he can receive mail there if they won't tell you). I hope you locate him, and he is OK.
https://www.bop.gov/business/rrc_directory.jsp
Old 05-13-2019, 06:31 PM

Thanks for the info. I know he's in a halfway house. When I called one in the Phoenix area to ask about him, the man said I cannot confirm or deny whether or not he is here. He then told me that the only way I can find out where he is is if he contacts me.I don't even know if he is capable of contacting me! No contact has certainly been out of character. All of this is proven to be very frustrating.
The Following User Says Thank You to groomr66 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-13-2019)
Old 05-13-2019, 10:16 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 21,726 Times in 12,560 Posts

Try writing a letter to him at that HWH. You'll know more when you figure out what they do with it. The residential reentry manager, RRM, is in charge of him until his release date, but probably won't tell you anything either.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Try writing a letter to him at that HWH. You'll know more when you figure out what they do with it. The residential reentry manager, RRM, is in charge of him until his release date, but probably won't tell you anything either.
Thanks. Already have one going out in the mail. Will be calling the Federal Probation office as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to groomr66 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-14-2019), Sarianna (05-14-2019)