Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Wisconsin that do not fit into any other Wisconsin sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 08:02 PM
~~ Love you... Always ~~

Default ~~ Nov/Dec ~~ WI chit chat

Time to get this forum a kickstart I guess......

I combined the two months since November is flying by.

I'm still waiting for the parole officer to do the home visit. Waiting patiently.

Anybody have plans for the Thanksgiving weekend? I'll be traveling to visit some family and make some Christmas stockings. That ought to be a challenge.

And on a personal note, I re-joined Weight Watchers tonight.... long overdue. Need to get fit if I plan on having any babies with my hubby when he gets home.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2006, 12:12 AM

I had surgery last week so I am still on bedrest but I hope to be cleared to drive next week. I haven't even been taking the Vicodin and I think that's one of the main reasons they suggest not driving. I don't like how that stuff makes me feel. So if I can drive I will go see Rick on Wednesday for a bit then head up to my mothers after that. It's just her and me so we don't do a whole big thing and never really traditional.

I've really been meaning to join weight-watchers, I also need to get in shape. Having surgery involving my female parts has really got my clock tickin, I am worried something worse could happen and I wanna make babies before that, lol.

Right now we are just patiently waiting for Rick's current case to close. Going back and forth on pleas and what not. I just keep praying he comes home in June like planned.

Hope everyone else is well and can't wait to hear what everyone else is up to!

Old 11-15-2006, 10:12 AM
~~ Love you... Always ~~

Ricksbaby- Hope you feel well enough to travel, have a good visit
Old 11-15-2006, 01:42 PM

Hey there!
Good that you started, SummerRae!
Well Ricks, i wish you a good and speedy recovery!! I hope all turns out well for you.
Here not much news, just being out of work but having a lot of (voluntary) work, feeling useful in doing that.
I did not get any letters yet this week, so the mail must have already slowed down or my friend and pals are too poor or tired to write me
xx
Old 11-15-2006, 03:08 PM
~~ Love you... Always ~~

Thanks Abelle. Mail has been slow here too, but I just received an outrageous phone bill so that explains it. It's been crazy since he should be home soon. Then again I receive other correctional facility calls too.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:02 PM

Same old plans for Thanksgiving in my world...to my parents house (a 5 minute drive!). Nothing too exciting.. but I must say I am SO looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner.... I've been craving it for a week or so now. MMmmmmmm... lol.
This year's Thanksgiving is gonna be great.... the company I work for was just bought out by another company in Oct. and they just told us a couple weeks ago that we have Thanksgiving AND the day after off.. AND PAID! (we usually only got Thanksgiving as a paid holiday) Woohooo... gettin' paid to fill up on Turkey AND lay around for another day to 'burn' it off.. LOL... Can't ask for much more.

As far as my honey... he's still mad cause he hasn't been transferred yet. He's waiting and waiting. He's supposed to go to Chippewa Falls. I guess they bring a few guys at a time and put them in Stanley for awhile.. till a program (AODA) starts in Chippewa (then they move them there). He's TO'ed cause he didn't get to go this month... Owell.. he'll live.

He'll be home by June of 08' the latest!
Old 11-15-2006, 06:29 PM
montanar30

My son just went to Stanley this week and is in lock down because two guards know him. So they have to do a investigation, which may take 3 weeks.. Not fair

Last edited by montanar30; 11-15-2006 at 06:35 PM..
Old 11-15-2006, 10:38 PM
~~ Love you... Always ~~

Sarafina- Sorry to hear he hasn't moved yet. But I'm sure he's better off in JCI than on layover in Stanley. I hear Stanley is for the birds. Hopefully, they move your guy directly to Chippewa Falls.
Happy eating on Thanksgiving!!

montanar30- Hope their investigation moves swiftly. You would think they would move him rather than investigate...what is there to investigate. He could use that as grounds to be transferred. Conflict of interest and all. Stanley doesn't have a good rep anyhow.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:08 PM
~~ Love you... Always ~~

Guess I'm the only Wisconsinite interested here.... haha. Or we are all too busy with the holiday coming up.

I finally had my home visit so now it's just a waiting game

Have a good weekend everybody.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:16 PM

I'll be going to Mom's for Thanks giving, then the next day, while most of the world is shopping I get to see my honey since I Don't have to work on Friday. This visit is much needed since our last one got a little heated when I mentioned to him some things his mom had told me about her problems with his dad, he got upset and pulled away from me (the first time he's done that)saying he doesn't want to hear that stuff because since he is in there, there is nothing he can do about it and he needs to stay focused on his appeal. I guess i should understand where he is coming from, but i just wish he would not have gotten upset with me, we need our visits to be happy ones, but I will be seeing him on Friday, maybe Sunday too if they don't count Friday as the one weekend visit.
Happy Thanks giving!
Old 11-21-2006, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanar30
My son just went to Stanley this week and is in lock down because two guards know him. So they have to do a investigation, which may take 3 weeks.. Not fair
Don't ya just *love* the DOC??? LOL
My man is going to Stanley shortly.. maybe not even.. supposed to be going to Chippewa... He was in JCI with your son. :0) Gee.. I hope my man don't know nobody at Stanley.. LOL
Good Luck! Hope things go smoothly.

Old 11-21-2006, 08:16 PM
~~ Love you... Always ~~

Also received news that they sent some guys from Jackson to Chippewa Falls today.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerRae
Also received news that they sent some guys from Jackson to Chippewa Falls today.
They send people from Jackson to Stanley/Chippewa all the time.... and how they selecet who goes first is beyond me... LOL. For instance, My man and Muhbabyjesse's man were both staffed to Chippewa at the same time.. and her man went first (to Stanley). Mine's still sitting at JCI (or for all I know.. my man went to Chippewa today!)

Old 11-22-2006, 10:00 AM
~~ Love you... Always ~~

Happy Thankgiving to all.... going to start my travel ventures.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:31 PM

Hey Summerrae! are you travelling? Or just for this Thanksgiving? [looks around to spot SummerRae]...
I had a busy week so I was not here a lot, bless you Sarafina and all you other wonderful ladies (men?) for keeping the WI forum alive
We had elections here on wednesday and I am a second in charge for the polling station. This took up all my time, and I needed Thursday to recover! Being at the station from 7 AM to midnite was quite a long day, and having to count the paper ballots by hand after 9 pm, phew! I hope for a change in politics here though ...
My friend is still in the hole in WCI, indefinitely (?), unless he has had news that I do not know yet.
I hope everyone has visits, mail and or phone calls!!
Old 11-25-2006, 10:46 AM
~~ Love you... Always ~~

Hi Abelle. Yeah, I'm still traveling in northern wisconsin. Heading back home tomorrow and will visit my man on the way home.
Old 11-25-2006, 05:16 PM

Hello all,

Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far.
I just took a road trip to visit my baby... It went great! :0)
I miss him already.

Old 11-26-2006, 12:02 PM

Hi there!
Well, a bit of bad news, my Dad had a stroke in October an he was in recovery, but this weekend he got an infection, and he is very frail...
I hope you all are well...
Old 11-26-2006, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abelle
Hi there!
Well, a bit of bad news, my Dad had a stroke in October an he was in recovery, but this weekend he got an infection, and he is very frail...
I hope you all are well...
AAaawwhhhh... Abelle... I'm so sorry to hear about your dad! I wish the best in recovery.

Old 11-26-2006, 02:47 PM

hi. found this board recently and am feeling grateful for having done so.

i live in az and my son's in CCI. my husband and i visit as often as we can but the distance is still tough, especially during this time of year. will appreciate having a place to share feelings with others who will understand.

hope everyone enjoyed a happy thanksgiving with their loved ones.

laura
Old 11-26-2006, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nervous mom
hi. found this board recently and am feeling grateful for having done so.

i live in az and my son's in CCI. my husband and i visit as often as we can but the distance is still tough, especially during this time of year. will appreciate having a place to share feelings with others who will understand.

hope everyone enjoyed a happy thanksgiving with their loved ones.

laura
Hi! Welcome to PTO!

Old 11-27-2006, 02:24 PM
Someday we'll be together

Default Rambling because I'm bored....lol

Hey ladies! I'm bored with little to do right now so I thought I'd stop in and say hi....Hope everyone had a good holiday weekend. I was definitely ready for things to go back to normal though....
Has anyone else started (or even finished) Christmas shopping yet??? Maybe I'm the only wierd one but our tree's already up (has been for about a week now or so) and our apartment is decorated. I have mixed feelings about holidays and this year I wanted to make it a positive experience, so I started early to get the full effect I guess....lol (Our Christmas is what I make of it since we don't do the whole extended family thing.....my family has never been close so it's usually just me and my kids for the holidays, and my mom is usually in there somewhere). I've finished shopping for the twins and for Jazmine (the little girl I have temporary custody of) and her little brother (who lives with his grandma). We've gotten the shopping done for my roommate's kids and her boyfriend's family and all I really have left is to buy Christmas for my parents and for my 2 older kids.
I'm taking a trip (by myself!!!) to Wisconsin next month which I'm very excited about. I haven't gone anywhere just for fun in a long time and it's somewhere I've never been. On top of the fact that I'll get to see my kids for the first time since March. I'm going to spend a day with them Christmas shopping, so that should be fun. I was supposed to be able to see Jesse but I am really doubting I'll get to at this point. So much has happened since he got transfered and because things are up in the air, we don't know if we'll get to see each other this time around. He did ask me if I can't see him this time if I wouldn't consider driving up again after he's transfered (again) or after things are straightened out so that we can finally spend some time together. You better believe if I don't get to see him this time around I'll be saving the money to go again when I AM able to see him. We've waited too long to let that set us back completely, so....
Wow, so anyway, I guess I just went on a tangent or whatever.....lol But that's what's up with me for the moment.....just killing some time and seeing what everyone's been up to.
Hope everyone is doing good and having a good day!
Later-
Sammi

Old 11-27-2006, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuhBabyJesse
Hey ladies! I'm bored with little to do right now so I thought I'd stop in and say hi....Hope everyone had a good holiday weekend. I was definitely ready for things to go back to normal though....
Has anyone else started (or even finished) Christmas shopping yet??? Maybe I'm the only wierd one but our tree's already up (has been for about a week now or so) and our apartment is decorated. I have mixed feelings about holidays and this year I wanted to make it a positive experience, so I started early to get the full effect I guess....lol (Our Christmas is what I make of it since we don't do the whole extended family thing.....my family has never been close so it's usually just me and my kids for the holidays, and my mom is usually in there somewhere). I've finished shopping for the twins and for Jazmine (the little girl I have temporary custody of) and her little brother (who lives with his grandma). We've gotten the shopping done for my roommate's kids and her boyfriend's family and all I really have left is to buy Christmas for my parents and for my 2 older kids.
I'm taking a trip (by myself!!!) to Wisconsin next month which I'm very excited about. I haven't gone anywhere just for fun in a long time and it's somewhere I've never been. On top of the fact that I'll get to see my kids for the first time since March. I'm going to spend a day with them Christmas shopping, so that should be fun. I was supposed to be able to see Jesse but I am really doubting I'll get to at this point. So much has happened since he got transfered and because things are up in the air, we don't know if we'll get to see each other this time around. He did ask me if I can't see him this time if I wouldn't consider driving up again after he's transfered (again) or after things are straightened out so that we can finally spend some time together. You better believe if I don't get to see him this time around I'll be saving the money to go again when I AM able to see him. We've waited too long to let that set us back completely, so....
Wow, so anyway, I guess I just went on a tangent or whatever.....lol But that's what's up with me for the moment.....just killing some time and seeing what everyone's been up to.
Hope everyone is doing good and having a good day!
Later-
Sammi
Sammi!! I hope you get to see Jesse!! Gosh darn it!

Old 11-28-2006, 04:42 AM

Hey Sammi, I hope too you can go and see him!!
You are very early with your xmas decorations haha that would depress me
Thanks Saraf for your well wishes! My Dad is recovering again!!!

Last nite we worked here in frenzy though for our Dutchman in MI who we support, me and Celine. He is getting the wrong drugs for his hypertension, and now he sffers nasty and dangerous side-effects, the doctor should see him at once and give other medics, but MI has privatized their health care!
We finally managed to contact the ministry of foreign affairs here, who will tell the consul to get off his bum and take action...
(ehh in a nice way)
Old 11-28-2006, 10:02 AM

Default Hello!

Hello all! Glad to hear you all had nice plans for Thanksgiving. My mom cooked an excellent meal even though dad couldn't be with us. We must go on even though at times it's really hard. Looking back it seems like the days have gone by quickly and then looking forward I get depressed all over again! Dad remains at Fox Lake and is making the best of things. Grandchildren were denied visitation but we're currently appealing to the warden. We're hoping to hear something by this Friday. I'm not expecting good news but will be pleasantly surprised if they overturn the denial and it would be an excellent Christmas present for him. Dad mentioned he's allowed fruit cake to be sent to him directly. Anybody know of a good place to order this from that has done this in the past? It has to be without alcohol (so dumb). Ricksbaby, I hope you're feeling better and can make the drive to see your loved one now. Any word on his case? Everybody got their Christmas decorations up? Hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday season!
Closed Thread