Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > PTO Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO Lounge Come in... put your feet up and relax... talk about anything non-prison related! Hobbies, Books, Technical and Do it Yourself, Travel and more.

Old 03-01-2004, 12:53 PM
Closed

Default Left A High Paying Dead End Job For A Low Paying Not Getting Any Sales

[font=Arial Black][b]

I been in the travel business for over 13 years and had to get out. I never got my own clientele over the years and always worked for companies. the last 2 travel jobs I worked for were for 2 crazy women but my pay was good. The stress and anxiety from the job i had from 2002-2003 put me at the doctors office twice with resulted in taking anxiety medicine which I did not like. Then I left cold turkey and started working last June at another travel agency... All last summer I did nothing there but I was getting close to 1300 every 2 weeks clear... (where did all my money go, I spent it)... then i met this lady at the company who was an independant sales agent. she booked the same people I did at my last job... which was jay z, dmx, r kelly... all rap stars but she wasnt busy... Her clients who were their assistants didnt want to talk to me, they only wanted to talk to her. She was paying me great money. I was able to take a 2 week vacation during xmas and she was saying to everyone over my head, I have to be here the day after xmas because jay this and jay that... please.. he is a big boy and can handle himself. Then her other client who was a big wig in boxing drove her nuts and he never wanted to speak to me, if i answered her phone he hung up several times. by january 15 i called a job prior to this job and got hired. i was so happy i just left her a card saying thank you but i had to move on, i felt i wasnt getting anywhere. She was really nice to me and gave me a 300.00 xmas gift so i had to leave her something. i just couldn't take working there and being BORED OUT OF MY MIND... sitting at the computer staring at it. I was going insane but had money to go see my husband every weekend and buy him and me lots of things.
I get to this job and was not given good training. the manager who trained me left. I sit on the other side of the 4 guys in the department, they talk among themselves and i feel left out. I feel I am not getting the correct information and when I am approached by the new manager who took over this sales department he questions me and I am like I do not know. I am no longer in the travel business and am trying to sell the website and publications to law firms across the u.s. i make less salary because the original manager that hired me said 18.00 an hour and now i was told 15.00 and he is gone and they can't do a thing. hours are 2 hrs less than my other job so i am missing out on about 250-300 xtra every 2 weeks which sucks.
i been here over a month and didn't make one sale. i feel left out and that i will get fired. I don't know what to do... i start legal assistant courses in april or may to advance to a legal secretary job which i want... my settlement doesnt come for another month... when i am in dire need of money now and dire need to get sales because I think by the end of march if I don't sell the website or any publication i will be out... should i get my resume ready and start looking???
any advice?
any advice.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2004, 01:42 PM
Da Ole Goat

When working for somebody else, always have a resume ready and up to date.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:12 PM
Closed

i guess that is the best advise
Old 03-01-2004, 07:34 PM
Green Monster Admin
Donation Award 

When I hire employees I always give them a letter stating what their start date and staring salary/hourly wage will be, as well as a brief list of what benefits the hiree is entitled to. Don't be afraid to ask for one. That way, even if the manager leaves, you still have proof to fall back on.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:27 AM
Donation Award 

I can feel you, the reason I 'm on the site now is because I called in ...AGAIN! My job is uninspiring and I've gotten TOO comfy. At this point I could use a break and unemployment. The way the economy is, KEEP your resume updated.