Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > McCreary USP and FPC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

McCreary USP and FPC Topics and Discussions relating to the United States Penitentiary (USP) and Federal Prison Camp (FPC) in McCreary, Kentucky.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,378 Times in 4,637 Posts
Default McCreary USP Warden Retiring

(This article also contains information about the "stun-lethal" fence being constructed at McCreary to reduce the need for C.O.'s in towers.)

USP Warden Stine retiring

By JANIE SLAVEN<br>Record Staff Writer
October 01, 2008 05:03 pm

— PINE KNOT — After a four-year tenure, Warden Donald L. Stine announced his impending retirement from USP McCreary.
The announcement came Thursday during a community relations board meeting at the federal penitentiary, which formally opened in the spring of 2004. Stine arrived at USP McCreary that October — succeeding first warden Michael Nalley — from Duluth, MN, where he served as a warden for a federal prison camp.
A career corrections manager, Stine has held various positions with the Federal Bureau of Prisons but began his career in state corrections. From 1980 to 1985, he was employed by the State Correctional Institution at Rockview, just outside of State College, PA. Through his employment with BOP, he has held positions in Pennsylvania, Texas, New York, Minnesota and Kentucky.
Stine is a two-time graduated of Pennsylvania State University, receiving a Bachelor of Science degree in Health and Physical Education as well as a Master of Recreation and Parks degree.
Stine — who is facing mandatory retirement at age 57 from the federal system — expects to remain at USP McCreary through December.

Link to rest of article:
http://www.mccrearyrecord.com/local/...275161233.html
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2008, 02:45 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,378 Times in 4,637 Posts
Default USP McCreary Warden to retire

On December 31, USP McCreary Warden Don Stine will
retire after more than 23 years of distinguished Bureau
service.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:51 PM

Yeah my finance is there, he was telling me about him leaving.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:20 PM

Default News

FAMM Praises Vote to Restore Sentencing Fairness

Judiciary Committee Approves Bill Ending Crack/Powder Disparity

For Immediate Release
July 29, 2009

WASHINGTON, D.C.: Families Against Mandatory Minimums President Julie Stewart released the following statement after the House Judiciary Committee approved legislation to eliminate the disparity between crack and powder cocaine sentences:

“Justice won today. Today’s vote represents another step to restoring basic fairness to our sentencing laws and to fulfilling the Constitution’s promise of equal justice under the law. We urge the full House to act quickly on this measure.”

The legislation, H.R. 3245, known as The Fairness in Cocaine Sentencing Act of 2009, was sponsored by Rep. Bobby Scott (D-Va.). The bill eliminates the current 100-to-1 disparity between crack and powder cocaine sentences.

Under current law, five grams of crack cocaine and 500 grams of powder cocaine trigger the same five-year sentence. Fifty grams of crack cocaine and five kilograms of powder cocaine trigger the same 10-year sentence. If H.R. 3245 becomes law, crack and powder cocaine mandatory minimums will be equal: 500 grams will require five years and 5 kilos (or 5,000 grams) will require 10 years, no matter what form of cocaine is involved.

FAMM is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization working for fair and proportionate sentencing laws. For more information about FAMM, H.R. 3245, or the crack/powder disparity, visit www.famm.org.

--30--
Old 05-14-2010, 09:40 AM

Default Attempted suicide in the SHU

USP- MCCREARY- MAY 11, 2010

At 1:29p.m., control announced that assistance was needed in SHU. An inmate attempted suicide by trying to hang himself. A staff member suffered a sever laceration to his finger by trying to cut the inmate down.

I am going crazy because my husband is currently in the SHU and has not answered my last letter that I sent him and have not heard anything. I called and they tell me they can't give me any info, all they say is that he's still there. No freaking duh, but I need to know if he's ok.... does anyone know about what happened and who it was???
Old 05-14-2010, 02:12 PM
hisrydeordiechick

Please keep me posted. My man is in the SHU too since Feb 24th and has like 3 1/2 more months to go! He has sounded okay in his letters so I'm not too too worried, but you never know.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:41 PM

Here's what you need to do. Write him a letter and tell him to write a letter to his caseworker making you his emergency contact if any changes occurs with him (that letter would be put in his file). Also he has to put in the letter he gives them permission to share any information with you. Until that's done the caseworker won't give you any info.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:58 PM

I always hate to hear something like this. My prayers go out to the inmate and loved ones.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:39 AM
Account Closed

Actually if you need any medical information he also has to sign a release to you. So he has to go to his counselor and sign this release giving them permission to discuss any medical information with you. I think it's different than him just writing a letter saying they can talk to you because with medical information there are HIPPAA laws that they have to follow so there is an actual release form he has to sign authorizing them to speak to you. I know this because the weekend I got married (April 30th) that Sunday I left and as soon as I got to the airport my husbands celly's girlfriend texted me and said my husband was rushed to the hospital because he had gotten really sick. I went crazy. He was in there for 5 days and noone could tell me a thing. (What a way to start our marriage huh?) The only person I was in contact with was his celly, he called me every single day to keep me sane thank goodness, but they wouldn't give him much info either. As soon as my husband came back that Friday I told him he better sign that release because I will NEVER go through that again, next time someone will tell me something or I will be right up there sitting in the wardens office.

Well my prayers go out to the man and his family but try not to worry too much that it's your man because from what my husband told me SHU is packed right now so there are alot of inmates in there. Also when in SHU the mail may take a little longer, you know how the prison is. Good luck!
Old 05-15-2010, 05:51 AM

Ladies if were going to share info with others make sure your info is correct. Like i said my huusband has been locked up 18yrs so i know how things works in federal prison. There is no such thing of a release of inmate info form. He has to write a letter giving permission to release any of his info to one person for his caseworker to file in his docket. Trust me i know when my husband is placed in SUH or sent to a outside hospital his caseworker calls me. If i miss the call she will leave a message for me to call her in reference to him. The C.O.' s are never allowed to give out detail info of a inmate only his caseworker. Ladies stay strong & postive for your love ones.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Account Closed

I did get that info from his caseworkers, actually like 2 of the caseworkers in his unit told me there was a separate form for a release of medical info. The co's wouldn't say anything at all, they would just transfer me to the caseworkers so if its wrong thanks for the info because now I am really mad. Not only did they say it was a separate form he had to fill out she (his caseworker) also told me that she had to go up there to see him if he didn't get out in a day or so and would have him sign it personally so she could talk to me which needless to say she never did and left me in suspense for 5 days. If it is only a letter he has to write then I will surely make him get right on that because hes still sick