Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > McCreary USP and FPC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

McCreary USP and FPC Topics and Discussions relating to the United States Penitentiary (USP) and Federal Prison Camp (FPC) in McCreary, Kentucky.

Old 10-23-2017, 07:01 AM

Default Need info on McCreary - visits, gangs lockdowns etc.

Hello, so my man just got to oklaholma city they said they are taking him to mccreary in kentucky who knows when. He has been in jail and a detention center for well over a year. Does that year count off his 151 month sentence? Also, can i send him sexy pics of myself? He keeps hearing that mccreary is a lockfown facility and there are lots of gangs and its a bad place so i didnt know if anyone had any insight on that. Also, we r not married, and i just got off probation, no felonies, will they approve me for visitation? I want to take out 5 month old son to see him asap as he has never seen him but over a v ideo moniter any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2017, 10:44 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,039 Times in 12,729 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. As long as you are off of parole/probation you should be allowed on his list of approved visitors, as long as you knew him prior to his federal incarceration. You can always take the baby with you for visits. Take proof that you are his Mom, like a copy of his birth certificate.

I can't help you with McCreary-specific information, I've never been there.

He will receive credit for the time he spent in jail (as long as it was for the same crime as he was sentenced under) and he will even earn regular good time for those stays. His 151 month sentence started on the first day he was locked up, and he will earn will earn 591 days of good time calculated at 47 days for each 12 months of his original sentence (12.58 years X 47 days). He may also get to spend up to the last remaining year of his sentence living in a half way house, or on home confinement, rather than in a bop prison. That will be up to his bop unit team.

Last edited by fbopnomore; 10-23-2017 at 10:49 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fbopnomore For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (10-23-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 12:10 PM

I thought it was 54 days good time? Also is this where he will have to spend all his time? It says in his psr to stay within 500 miles of iowa, so i didnt know if he would be moved or if they move them alot? Also do u know what the difference is between a usp and an fci? I was hoping he would go to illinois or kansas, its gokng to be difficult to see him there. Also do i have to jave the kids put on the visiting list? Thank u!
Old 10-23-2017, 06:19 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,039 Times in 12,729 Posts

For minor children, they don't get added to the visitor's list, but the accompanying adult must be on the approved list.

The bop ignores prison recommendations in the Probation Officer's presentence investigation report, and even gets away with treating a federal court judge's prison assignment as "a recommendation", not an order, so he will go wherever the bop decides to send him.

Only the federal law that deals with good time sentence reductions says federal inmates earn 54 days of good time every year. The bop decided that 54 really meant 47, and the federal courts deferred to their fake arithmetic. The bottom line is that the bop takes one week of good time away from every one of their prisoners (except for life sentences, they don't qualify for good time).

For the most part, FCIs (low and medium security) and USPs, (medium and high security) house prisoners who have corresponding custody levels. The lowest security level is Minimum/camp.

Here is the bop policy about custody levels. The higher the rating, the more restrictions are imposed, and the longer in-cell time they will experience.
https://www.bop.gov/policy/progstat/5100_008.pdf
Old 11-11-2017, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somer11 View Post
Hello, so my man just got to oklaholma city they said they are taking him to mccreary in kentucky who knows when. He has been in jail and a detention center for well over a year. Does that year count off his 151 month sentence? Also, can i send him sexy pics of myself? He keeps hearing that mccreary is a lockfown facility and there are lots of gangs and its a bad place so i didnt know if anyone had any insight on that. Also, we r not married, and i just got off probation, no felonies, will they approve me for visitation? I want to take out 5 month old son to see him asap as he has never seen him but over a v ideo moniter any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
My husband was at McCreary for several years, and he left there in 2012 (I think). What I can share with you might be outdated. With that being said..., you can send pictures as long as the cleavage, butt crack, private parts, nipples are concealed, up to 10 pictures at a time. 5 years ago, I felt that there was a lockdown almost every week, but the duration varied depending on the length of investigation. Luckily, my husband was in a position to know beforehand when something might happen, but still, there were a lot of incidents that were unexpected. On top of that, the facility was placed on lockdown when it was foggy, etc.

Here is what seems common at high/max security facilities. I don't know much about gangs, but you can assume that there will be a lot. My understanding is that the people inside (those who don't belong to a gang) are typically grouped geographically, racially, or religiously. When they arrive at the facility, they get to choose which "car" they want to ride with for protection. In this case, they're expected to submit/show the paperwork that indicates that their sentence wasn't reduced but that it wasn't for cooperation if it had been reduced. Another thing that will be checked is the crime. They seem to dislike certain crimes (sex offenses, etc.). They really shouldn't lie at this time point because they can be targeted if the paperwork didn't come through in time (in which case they voluntarily go to segregation for protection).

You can bring your baby to the visit. I saw a few people do that with no problem. Make sure to read and follow the visitation rules. The enforcement of these rules can vary, depending on the officers on duty, but I always played along because my purpose of being there was to have a pleasant visit and not challenging these officers. For example, I was allowed to wear open-toe sandals without a back strap one day. But on another occasion, I was told to change my footwear because they said that they did not allow open-toe sandals without a back strap. Then there was a time when I was told to change my shoes because their toes were open. Some of the officers would use a hand-held device, when the metal detector went off. Other officers wouldn't use the device and simply told us to come back in different outfits. My advice to you is dress conservatively. It's not a bad idea to have a couple of backup outfits in your car when you go visit. Also, they might still do the ion scanner. Make every effort not to come in contact with what could be considered controlled substances.

Hang in there. Just know that each day will bring the three of you closer.
The Following User Says Thank You to OnTheMissions For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-12-2017)
Old 01-16-2018, 06:27 PM
One Day At A Time

They use the ion scanner at McCreary most all the time now.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheMissions View Post
My husband was at McCreary for several years, and he left there in 2012 (I think). What I can share with you might be outdated. With that being said..., you can send pictures as long as the cleavage, butt crack, private parts, nipples are concealed, up to 10 pictures at a time. 5 years ago, I felt that there was a lockdown almost every week, but the duration varied depending on the length of investigation. Luckily, my husband was in a position to know beforehand when something might happen, but still, there were a lot of incidents that were unexpected. On top of that, the facility was placed on lockdown when it was foggy, etc.

Here is what seems common at high/max security facilities. I don't know much about gangs, but you can assume that there will be a lot. My understanding is that the people inside (those who don't belong to a gang) are typically grouped geographically, racially, or religiously. When they arrive at the facility, they get to choose which "car" they want to ride with for protection. In this case, they're expected to submit/show the paperwork that indicates that their sentence wasn't reduced but that it wasn't for cooperation if it had been reduced. Another thing that will be checked is the crime. They seem to dislike certain crimes (sex offenses, etc.). They really shouldn't lie at this time point because they can be targeted if the paperwork didn't come through in time (in which case they voluntarily go to segregation for protection).

You can bring your baby to the visit. I saw a few people do that with no problem. Make sure to read and follow the visitation rules. The enforcement of these rules can vary, depending on the officers on duty, but I always played along because my purpose of being there was to have a pleasant visit and not challenging these officers. For example, I was allowed to wear open-toe sandals without a back strap one day. But on another occasion, I was told to change my footwear because they said that they did not allow open-toe sandals without a back strap. Then there was a time when I was told to change my shoes because their toes were open. Some of the officers would use a hand-held device, when the metal detector went off. Other officers wouldn't use the device and simply told us to come back in different outfits. My advice to you is dress conservatively. It's not a bad idea to have a couple of backup outfits in your car when you go visit. Also, they might still do the ion scanner. Make every effort not to come in contact with what could be considered controlled substances.

Hang in there. Just know that each day will bring the three of you closer.

Thanks for this!