Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > Alabama Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alabama Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Alabama should be posted here.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:47 AM

Unhappy l.i.f.e tech (thomasville Al)

ok so i am new to this site and had several questions in regards to life tech my fiance was paroled to this center and there is really no information about the center!!! phone calls,visits,etc i need as much info as possible my fiance will be leaving work release tomorrow headed to this center and i have no clue as to how everything works.....i have seen a youtube video and also googled with little to no info
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2015, 02:58 PM
Account Closed

I heard they were closing this place all together. On the alabama pardon and paroles website it is a news link about it.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:03 AM

I know this is late, but my husband was just transferred to LIFE TECH yesterday. So this is what I know so far. - They can get a package that contains hygiene items and clothes. You can call the facility and get a list of items to send in the box. They can also have phone cards to talk on the payphone. This card needs to be either an ATT or STK prepaid phone card. The others wont work, believe me, I have wasted money on that. You can also send them money orders for the store there. Once they are there 30 days they will get an 8 hour visit. This "family day" visit is at the facility. Two months after the family day visit they will receive a 72 hour pass home. This pass allows you to pick them up at 8am on Friday and drop them off at 8pm on Sunday. Two months after the 1st pass they will receive another 72 hour pass home. A month and 1/2 after that they will graduate and come home. I hope this information will help at least one person. I am at the beginning of this journey, so if you have any other questions, please just ask. Im sure I will know more once I actually visit this facility.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:59 PM

Hello..My husband is coming up for parole this month (June), and I thought as long as you have family support/married, that they will not send you to Life Tech. My husband has his G.E.D and has a associates in accounting and also is working. How strict are they (Alabama Pardon and Parole Board). Thanks in advance for the info
Old 06-02-2016, 07:14 AM

The are strict, but if your husband hasnt been in any trouble while hes been in prison and completed the necessary programs, he should be ok. My husband completed 15 programs, had not had a disciplinary for a year and a half before he went up, has family support and a high school diploma, they still sent him to Life Tech. They get money for every person they send there. Good luck! Ill be praying for you guys. ♥
Old 09-05-2016, 02:24 AM

Question Life tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrawford12 View Post
I know this is late, but my husband was just transferred to LIFE TECH yesterday. So this is what I know so far. - They can get a package that contains hygiene items and clothes. You can call the facility and get a list of items to send in the box. They can also have phone cards to talk on the payphone. This card needs to be either an ATT or STK prepaid phone card. The others wont work, believe me, I have wasted money on that. You can also send them money orders for the store there. Once they are there 30 days they will get an 8 hour visit. This "family day" visit is at the facility. Two months after the family day visit they will receive a 72 hour pass home. This pass allows you to pick them up at 8am on Friday and drop them off at 8pm on Sunday. Two months after the 1st pass they will receive another 72 hour pass home. A month and 1/2 after that they will graduate and come home. I hope this information will help at least one person. I am at the beginning of this journey, so if you have any other questions, please just ask. Im sure I will know more once I actually visit this facility.
Thank you for the info, my fiance is waiting to be transferred to LIFE Tech. What is the number there so I can call and find out what all he can have cause i don't want to send any unnecessary items if he can' t have it. Also it is located in Thomasville, AL? He said he herd it was down south towards Montgomery and that the one in Thomasville is for women, but I told him that I was told Thomasville, AL and I just read that the womens facility is in Wetumpka, AL. Where do or can you find the calling cards? Any info is helpful new to LIFE Tech.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:52 AM

Default LIfe TEch

(334) 637-3100- here is the number. It is in Thomasville, AL. They can email you a list of items that he can have. They can also tell you when they are receiving new residents, so youll know when to send the box. Let me know if you need anything else. Good luck!
Old 09-06-2016, 07:54 AM

You can get the phone cards at Wal-Mart or online at att.com. I also have been using nobelcom.com. They seem to have good rates.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
You can get the phone cards at Wal-Mart or online at att.com. I also have been using nobelcom.com. They seem to have good rates.
Okay Thank You, I will be asking you if I have anymore questions.
Old 09-14-2016, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyes3 View Post
Okay Thank You, I will be asking you if I have anymore questions.
What is the address to send them their packages
Old 11-20-2016, 11:42 AM

Hey my husband just been parole to life tech Thursday. ..how do this work...when will I be able to visit him/how many time do they have visiting days
Old 11-21-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyetye01 View Post
Hey my husband just been parole to life tech Thursday. ..how do this work...when will I be able to visit him/how many time do they have visiting days
Hey: He will be there about 5 weeks and you will get to go to the facility for family day, I think it was about a 4 hour visit. After about 7-8 weeks he will get his first pass home, for this pass you will go pick him up around 2 and he will have to be back around 2. 7 to 8 weeks after the 1st pass, he will get a second pass home with the same instructions. About 9 weeks after that, they will graduate and come home.
You can send packages with dvds, hygiene, and clothes, twice a month. I use nobelcom.com for minutes on the phone. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:20 AM

Default About Lifetech.

Quote:

Thank u for information...was u allowed to pick him up from prison and take him to Lifetech? Also once he there will he have to wait 30days before using the phone.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:27 AM

No, He will ride a bus there. He can use the pay phone as soon as he gets there. I went ahead and gave my husband the phone card over the phone so that he could call me when he arrived.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:45 AM

Default Lifetech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyetye01 View Post
Thank u for information...was u allowed to pick him up from prison and take him to Lifetech? Also once he there will he have to wait 30days before using the phone.
Okay thank u soo much..what calling card did u use..I am goin to do that as well so he can call once he there ...I believe he will start Jan 17 since we just had parole hearing on nov 17
Old 12-02-2016, 09:51 AM

You can call Lifetech (334-637-3100) and ask them when they are expecting new residents. That seems like a long time for him to wait, but maybe because of the holidays? I used nobelcom.com the patriot card, but you can get att worldwide prepaid phone cards and there are some at dollar general, i think they have STK or something like that on them. Just look on the back of whatever you buy and make sure that you can use them with payphones. Do not get penny talk- it will not work. I still have one I cant use.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:
You can call Lifetech (334-637-3100) and ask them when they are expecting new residents. That seems like a long time for him to wait, but maybe because of the holidays? I used nobelcom.com the patriot card, but you can get att worldwide prepaid phone cards and there are some at dollar general, i think they have STK or something like that on them. Just look on the back of whatever you buy and make sure that you can use them with payphones. Do not get penny talk- it will not work. I still have one I cant use.
Okay thank u soo much
Old 12-02-2016, 10:09 AM

Youre welcome!
Old 12-05-2016, 09:49 AM

Default Hey

I am getting my husband box ready and want know can I send him food as well
Old 12-05-2016, 09:55 AM

No food is allowed. You can put a money order in it for store though.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:

Im still confused on the phone card system. I ordered $20 on nobelcom.com on the patriot card. And I have the pin. Would he just call my number and enter the pin when prompted? He gets there tomorrow and Im trying to have money on there for when he gets there. Any help is appreciated. I called customer service and it wasnt any help. Or would I need to purchase a card from Walmart. If so, what specific kind of card and would I just give him the info over the phone?