Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status All discussions relating to specific Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison units, Texas State Jails & Private prisons, and County Jails.

Old 06-09-2019, 06:06 AM
Wncoats

Default Byrd unit. Is it bad? Any info?

My boyfriend was just transferred to byrd and I'm just curious if anyone knows how it is there. Also, would a transfer cause a mail delay? No one has heard from him since i got a letter 2 weeks ago and this is very unlike himAnyone know how strict they are as far as allowing sexy pictures in? Also... he had FINALLY become.e eligible for visits 2 days before being moved and now it says he isnt... why?

Last edited by Wncoats; 06-09-2019 at 06:13 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2019, 12:21 PM
Southern Fried Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 3,777 Times in 1,303 Posts

Byrd is usually just a temporary stop to finish intake before they're transferred to their ID unit. Theres no visits or phone calls when they're just stopping through for a short time, so you may not hear from him until he moves to his permanent unit. I wouldn't send anything other than a Jpay until you talk to him and know when hes settled or he may move and not get what you send for months.
Old 06-10-2019, 05:44 AM
Wncoats

Ok I will continue with jpay. Do they still get to purchase commissary? Really just wondering if he can write me?