Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

CDCR - What You Need to Know Information relating to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. Q&A for those new to the CDCR system should be posted here.

Old 06-21-2019, 03:26 PM

Thanked 1,063 Times in 500 Posts

I actually suggested something similar: that, along with reduced time for those who want to Integrate, they provide classes with skills to teach willing participants to decrease tensions, improve communication and co-exist, etc. (No response; he just listened). We tried to tell him these are not numbers, these are human lives. That "They have to learn to get along" business is just an excuse to try to justify what they did. People who are already somewhat distrustful due to the realities of prison life are suddenly forced to live with their former mortal enemies, with whom they would in no way be living once they are out of prison. Then, the system that set them up as mortal enemies is now going to blame them because they "can't get along?" Yes, the money motive, to keep beds full, is very much understood among inmates. The population gets lower and they have to do something, consciously or unconsciously, to keep the beds full. I was hoping Gavin Newsom would respond to what is going on, but nothing.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marie8899 For This Useful Post:
guardnangel (06-21-2019), miamac (06-21-2019), Sarianna (06-22-2019), sidewalker (06-21-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2019, 01:40 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,618 Times in 2,018 Posts

Marie, I too want to say thanks for everything you are doing. It is killing me that I am so far away from CA and truthfully cannot do anything from where I sit (because I don't think they would listen to me/care about my opinions). I have Diaz's contact information myself 'just in case' but it appears you're talking to a wall there
Thank you though for trying

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
marie8899 (06-22-2019), miamac (06-22-2019), sidewalker (06-22-2019)
Old 06-22-2019, 07:44 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,508 Times in 15,250 Posts

Its not a surprise that they wont do anything. I mean look at the article I posted a while back about the roof *caving* in and all sorts of stuff falling out of it.
It took a LAWSUIT to get them to do anything about it.
What does that tell you?

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
guardnangel (06-22-2019), marie8899 (06-22-2019), miamac (06-22-2019), Sarianna (06-23-2019)
Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM

Exclamation Refused to sign Non-Designated Program Facility form, now in SHU. Why?

Hello -

On May 24, 2018 my brother was falsely transferred from Sugar Pine to California Correctional Center (Susanville) on the basis of "going to medical". He never put in a slip requesting to see a doctor. Once he arrived there he was not called down to medical. After being there a week he followed protocol and requested to see medical. He was charged the $5 fee only to be told that medical had never called or requested for him to be there. Shortly after he was approached by a correctional officer who presented him with Non-Designated Program Facility form to sign, the conversation in his words is as follows:

Correctional Officer: "Here this is for you to sign."

My Brother : "May I ask what it is I am signing?" Correctional Officer: "Are you going to program?"

My brother : "Yes Sir."

Correctional Officer: "You want to go home, dont you?"

My brother : "Yes."

Correctional Officer: "Sign the form or we'll extending your time by 90 days. Just sign the form and you can go home. Everything is good over there (referring to the prison areas in which other inmates are being held after signing the form)."

My brother : "I'm going to respectfully decline to sign this form as I dont have enough information as to what I am actually signing."

Correctional Officer: "Okay. You're going to have 90 days added to your time and if we have to ask again your time will be extended out again."

As of today, June 24th, 2019 he's in solitary confinement on a disciplinary write up and his counselor hung up on me. Is anyone dealing with this? The attorneys I called donít want to touch this one. WHY?!? Something funny is going on up there.

PLEASE HELP!!
Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad on leave

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 21,697 Times in 7,691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar80 View Post
Hello -

On May 24, 2018 my brother was falsely transferred from Sugar Pine to California Correctional Center (Susanville) on the basis of "going to medical". He never put in a slip requesting to see a doctor. Once he arrived there he was not called down to medical. After being there a week he followed protocol and requested to see medical. He was charged the $5 fee only to be told that medical had never called or requested for him to be there. Shortly after he was approached by a correctional officer who presented him with Non-Designated Program Facility form to sign, the conversation in his words is as follows:

Correctional Officer: "Here this is for you to sign."

My Brother : "May I ask what it is I am signing?" Correctional Officer: "Are you going to program?"

My brother : "Yes Sir."

Correctional Officer: "You want to go home, dont you?"

My brother : "Yes."

Correctional Officer: "Sign the form or we'll extending your time by 90 days. Just sign the form and you can go home. Everything is good over there (referring to the prison areas in which other inmates are being held after signing the form)."

My brother : "I'm going to respectfully decline to sign this form as I dont have enough information as to what I am actually signing."

Correctional Officer: "Okay. You're going to have 90 days added to your time and if we have to ask again your time will be extended out again."!
Hi there. I've moved your post to our thread on NDP yards. If you scroll through, you'll learn quite a bit about the disruption CDC has caused with their plan.

If you scroll through this PLO document, you can see on page 2 and page 4 that they reinforce disciplinary action for inmates who refuse the transfer. :/

I can tell you that being called to medical has happened to my husband at least once or twice a year when it was actually his counselor or some other administrative action that initiated the request. I don't get that, either. I've found it bizarre but we usually assume it's never actually medical. Fortunately they've never moved him to do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
patchouli (Today)
Old Yesterday, 10:30 PM

Thank you so much! I will definitely look through everything. I Gotta get him home. For my mother and his sake. I am unable to open the document - is it somewhere I am not looking? Sorry Iím new to the site all together.

Last edited by mar80; Yesterday at 10:35 PM.. Reason: Edit language
Old Today, 12:33 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad on leave

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 21,697 Times in 7,691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
If you scroll through this PLO document, you can see on page 2 and page 4 that they reinforce disciplinary action for inmates who refuse the transfer. :/
The underlined words above "PLO document" should be a clickable link. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll try to send it to you via private message.
I would love to link you directly to CDC's FAQ on NDP, but it's conveniently a broken link. But if it were working, you would find it on the right hand side of this page.