Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > USP Victorville
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

USP Victorville Topics and discussion specific to USP VIctorville in Adelanto, CA.

Old 08-05-2017, 07:54 AM

Default Rules in victorville shu

My husband is new at victorville usp but he is in shu I need to know rules can he get comminsary what can I mail him..from me and publisher. When can he call me. How is victorville. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2017, 10:41 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,387 Times in 11,863 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. I hope you get answers from folks who have been in the SHU at Victorville. He will only get one short phone call every 30 days. The commissary list for USP Victorville doesn't mention SHU inmates, but it does cover commissary restrictions.
https://www.bop.gov/locations/instit...X_CommList.pdf

12. COMMISSARY RESTRICTION IS LIMITED TO $25.00 PER MONTH. HYGIENE ITEMS, OVER-THE- COUNTER MEDICATIONS, STAMPS, BATTERIES, AND STATIONARY MAY BE PURCHASED. LIMIT 1 ITEM EACH WITH THE EXCEPTION OF STAMPS.
Old 08-05-2017, 11:09 AM

Default Shu

Thank you so much my poor guy like it ain't hard enough...so what can I mail him from publisher...can he order a radio
Old 08-05-2017, 04:24 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,387 Times in 11,863 Posts

In most federal prisons, SHU inmates have all of their property, including radios. locked up until they are released.

The only thing you can send to federal inmates, in or out of the shu, are books. In USPs, they all must be sent through the US Post Office by a publisher or a bookstore. I never had an issue receiving books while I was in the shu, but apparently some prisons, at least for some inmates, also restrict books.