Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > USP Victorville
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

USP Victorville Topics and discussion specific to USP VIctorville in Adelanto, CA.

Old 01-17-2007, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitownbyrd
I am relieved that they come into the room after you... i am shy and it would be my first visit.. =)

I could have sworn that you can hold hands... i thought i read it in the rules.. its going to be hard not to touch him.

This is his last year there.. how about your guys?

I wonder if i will have a problem with my piercings in the metal detector?

how many people are in the visiting room? how many co's?

How long can the hug/kiss be?

I am still so nervous

Im happy they are seperating the 2 groups.. this way they wont start trouble again and maybe i will acctually get to visit!
Chitownbyrd, I've only been to visit there once, but my experience was basically the same as jvavau's. The only thing I would really add is that you can't wear white shirts of any kind. My first day, I was wearing one and you couldn't see through it or anything, but they made me change it. Luckily, I had extra outfits in the car so I completely changed...in the car. haha.

The ion scanner is really sensitive too! I came up positive for something they said they've never even seen before and they wouldn't tell me what it was, but I was able to hurry up and wash my hands while they were busy with someone else and then I passed it. I know a lot of people come up positive from pumping gas, handling money, or smoking cigarettes.

I'm not sure about the holding hands. We didn't do that, but he was rubbing the inside of my hand at one point just to feel how soft my skin is and no one said anything.

The vending machines are an issue because they do run out of food quickly. I visited all three days in a row and everything was completely wiped out after the first day so that sucks.

There were only 3 CO's in the room I think- two at the desk and one over by the vending machines.

As for the hug and kiss, we would always hug for several minutes as tightly as possible and that was never a problem. I wouldn't kiss too longly, but I saw some people really get into it. However, I think most people try to be pretty tasteful from what I could see.

Hopefully, that answers some of your questions...
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2007, 04:13 PM

My baby tried calling me but when i pressed 5 it hung up. I dont know what happen and he has not tried calling me back. Well atleast i know he is okay.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:20 PM
So far away

thank you guys for answering my questions.. im sure i will have more sometime

I want a dang phone call =(... i guess that means im not very important to him .....lol

Old 01-17-2007, 04:21 PM

Quote:
I am relieved that they come into the room after you... i am shy and it would be my first visit.. =)

I could have sworn that you can hold hands... i thought i read it in the rules.. its going to be hard not to touch him.

This is his last year there.. how about your guys?

I wonder if i will have a problem with my piercings in the metal detector?

how many people are in the visiting room? how many co's?

How long can the hug/kiss be?

I am still so nervous

Im happy they are seperating the 2 groups.. this way they wont start trouble again and maybe i will acctually get to visit!
As to the holding hands that's only in state prison not in victorville. The visits' are pertty calm. It will be okay, it's just getting over the first minute you see him. About the piercings, I don't know how many piercings you have but try not to take as many. I'm not really sure how strick they are about piercings, but to play it same and safe some time running back and forth i would not take none. GOOD LUCK on your first visit, when ever they get off lockdown.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:24 PM
So far away

ive got 6 piercings.. i can just find some plastic or silicone jewelry.. if i dont have something in my ears they will look weird (they are stretched about the size of a drinking straw)

Old 01-18-2007, 04:54 PM

Well i received a call from my baby (about time) he said they're still on lockdown till who knows when but they were able to have an hour today to shower and use the phones. I'm glad he called that way i know he is doing fine. He also mentioned that he has not received any mail from me. That's weird cause i've been writing to him almost every day.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvavau
Well i received a call from my baby (about time) he said they're still on lockdown till who knows when but they were able to have an hour today to shower and use the phones. I'm glad he called that way i know he is doing fine. He also mentioned that he has not received any mail from me. That's weird cause i've been writing to him almost every day.
That's great that you finally got a call! What time was it? I haven't heard from my baby today It upsets me even more that they might not be getting our mail. I've been writing almost everyday too. Considering they don't really have to deal with the inmates all day, you would think they could at least process the damn mail. Soooo frustrating!
Old 01-18-2007, 06:50 PM
So far away

UUUUGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!... i got my phone call today.. FIGURES i get the call when im not home.. sons of a b*tches... (sorry... very frustrated by this ALL)

Old 01-18-2007, 06:53 PM

Chitownbyrd, that really sucks! I'm sorry you didn't get your call. What time was it? I'm just trying to figure out if they were able to call while I was at work today or later than that.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensmcm
Chitownbyrd, that really sucks! I'm sorry you didn't get your call. What time was it? I'm just trying to figure out if they were able to call while I was at work today or later than that.
My baby called me around 1:45 p.m. so you were probably at work. I was at work too but he called me to my cell phone.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:46 PM
So far away

it was at 12:45pm my time (central)...... Im sure it was him because my moms husband said it was

I m also upset they arent getting our mail.. i wrote him a letter asking him kind of what are his intentions.. i need to make sure were on the same page.. but i would take his title in a hert beat.. so i been nervous about getting the reply.. and for what? nothing.. because they arent getting our mail.... i agree.. u would think they would fine something to do with their time.. LIKE MAIL.

Old 01-18-2007, 07:52 PM

damn, I knew that's what happened. I was at work until 4:30 and I just turn my cell off because it gets absolutely no signal in the building. Considering it's the middle of the week, you would think they'd be able to call during evening hours when most people are at home, but I guess that would be far too logical.

Anyway, thanks to both of you for letting me know about the call times!
Old 01-18-2007, 10:22 PM
So far away

So i was wondering.. how do you know your loved one? was it MWI? How much longer do they have to go?

Old 01-19-2007, 06:47 AM

Quote:
So i was wondering.. how do you know your loved one? was it MWI? How much longer do they have to go?
Actually, my guy and I have known each other for almost 8 years. He's from MD like me and we met when we were working together. I was in high school and he was much older so we were friends for a couple of years, dated for a year, and then he was arrested for something I never even knew he was involved in or would have ever imagined. I went almost 3 years without speaking to him and then we found our way back to one another about a year ago. Unfortunately, he has 7 more years, but I'm trying to hang in there because we both really want a life together. By the way, in case you're wondering, he's all the way out in V-ville because his mom's address was his expected release residence.

So, what about you?
Old 01-19-2007, 08:53 AM
So far away

I met him through my friend. She had been riting to this guy for awhile when my guy asked him if he knew of anyone he could write to. He remembered my friend mentioning me in her letters so they asked me and i took him on. I been writing for about a year now and his release is in Oct if he doesnt get his HWH time.

Thats cool that you are willing to hang out so you guys can have a life together. 7 more years huh? You can do it.. i bet you cant wait to go visit.. especially since you were screwed out of it last time!... that would be pretty funny if we visited on the same weekend lol.

Old 01-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Donation Award 

As far as I can tell they are getting our mail just the same;well,at least mine is.He has had two letters in the last week and I got a reply to one on wednesday and the other today...I'm a very happy bunny.
P.S. It definately says no hand holding on the BOP website-darn it.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:20 AM
So far away

hmm... well then who knows.. the past 2 saturdays i have gotten letters.. maybe tomorrow ill be just as lucky

That sucks about no hand holding.. im a really touchy feely person in general.. and i know i am going to ant to play tattoo inspector.. i do it ith everyone i know lol... thanks for nothing BOP!!!!

Old 01-19-2007, 04:00 PM
So far away

YAY!.. he called me again... i was home i got to talk to him.. he said everyday they have an hour out. hes gonna call me back tomorrow .. you know that means i ill set up camp and make tomorrow a mommy and baby movie day. I missed that voice of his

oh.. he said hes written me everyday for a week... SO.. hopefully tomorrow i will get something!

Old 01-19-2007, 06:54 PM

I know that feeling . That's good that he called at least you know he is doing good. I did not get a call from my babe but I did get mail.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:56 AM
Donation Award 

I had another very unexpected call last night. : )
They are being allowed out of their cells for an hour to shower and to make calls.But as of yet no news as to the end of lockdown.But perhaps someone else's hunny might know more as mine tends to keep to himself!
Yeah,I'm cheesed off about the hand holding as well.But at least they are contact visits. Whereas alot of people don't always have those-imagine a visit behind a glass panel!?
I'll be making the most of every precious minute being able to look into his beautiful eyes...
Old 01-20-2007, 11:33 AM
So far away

my guy said his family called and asked hen ould be the best time to visit and they saide the first weekend of march... He said he thinks their lockdown will last until the 1st or 2nd week of feb.

Old 01-20-2007, 04:39 PM

I'm starting to get so worried. You all keep getting calls and I haven't heard from my man all week. I got a letter today, but that was written a week ago. I thought I didn't hear from him all week because he knew he couldn't call me while I was at work, but now it's Saturday and still no call. Ugh, I hate not knowing what's going on...
Old 01-20-2007, 06:36 PM
So far away

I wonder if they were allowed to call today? He didnt call me back like he said he would.. and hes pretty good about sticking to what he says... hmm? Also i think mail isnt getting out too quickly from them because he has written me everyday since last week and i havnt gotten anything yet

Jens... i am sure he is ok and that you'll hear from him soon.. Is this the first big lockdown you all have had to deal with? It is for me.. and its hard on me because i am so impatient!

Old 01-20-2007, 10:48 PM

Hmm, yeah maybe they weren't allowed to call today. I know I'm probably worrying for nothing, but I can't help it and it drives me crazy not knowing. I'm going to call his mom tomorrow to see if she heard from him this week. This is my first big lockdown too and I'm just like you...so impatient!

As for the mail, I think it is taking at least a couple of extra days in and out, but it was like that for awhile even before the lockdown. Fortunately, from what I can tell though, they are getting our mail right now.

I hope we all get calls tomorrow!
Old 01-20-2007, 11:25 PM
So far away

I sent him some pictures and i think they got rejected =(.. he got the 2nd letter but not the first w/ the pics.

I hate the feeling of not knowing too.. thats why i ask SO MANY QUESTIONS.. i have to know it all before it happens. Thats why i rote him a letter to make sure ere emotionally on the same page.. this way i know.. and i wont get hurt in the long run =)

I am hoping we get the calls tomorrow too... Its killing me..