Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Headed to Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Headed to Prison Dedicated to those who are facing incarceration. What to expect; what you can do to prepare; Q&A's; support.

Old 03-10-2020, 06:40 PM

Default Heading away soon

Sentenced to 24 month and 1 day to be served consecutive. Upon doing the math for good time credit using only 24 month it comes down to 20.9 month(a year and a little half have a year).
1.Now my question is how to you factor in the 1 day ( is it considered a whole day in BOP or Less ?) or its just one extra day.
2. if sentencing starts in April how long will be the person be in prison/camp ( if half way house is approved for 6 month, what will be the release date )
3. Will BOP consider giving 12 month half way house or one should be luck to even get 6 month.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2020, 09:58 PM

That will be over before you know it. Good luck and before you know it you'll be home again next year!
Old 03-11-2020, 06:18 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,639 Times in 13,581 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. His unit team will decide how much half way house time, if any, he will receive. Considerations will include HWH bed availability, plus his warden's policy. It is unlikely that he will receive more than 10% of his sentence in a HWH, but he could get up to a full 12 months.

The release date shown on the bop inmate locator will not include that "community corrections" time since he will still be in bop custody at the HWH. That date will be 24 months minus 108 (or maybe 109) days of good time.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:49 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeup View Post
Sentenced to 24 month and 1 day to be served consecutive. Upon doing the math for good time credit using only 24 month it comes down to 20.9 month(a year and a little half have a year).
1.Now my question is how to you factor in the 1 day ( is it considered a whole day in BOP or Less ?) or its just one extra day.
2. if sentencing starts in April how long will be the person be in prison/camp ( if half way house is approved for 6 month, what will be the release date )
3. Will BOP consider giving 12 month half way house or one should be luck to even get 6 month.

As my former bunkie used to say when he found out I had less than 10 years - "sit down and shut up...you WON". Anyone who gets less than 10 years with the feds WON. Hard to believe it, but considering the feds try to swing for the fences in sentencing, your sentence is a blip on a radar screen. Consider yourself fortunate. You won't have time to feel like you're home in prison. That takes a 3rd year before that happens.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cal1927 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-13-2020), Lifetime30 (03-22-2020)
Old 03-22-2020, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal1927 View Post
As my former bunkie used to say when he found out I had less than 10 years - "sit down and shut up...you WON". Anyone who gets less than 10 years with the feds WON. Hard to believe it, but considering the feds try to swing for the fences in sentencing, your sentence is a blip on a radar screen. Consider yourself fortunate. You won't have time to feel like you're home in prison. That takes a 3rd year before that happens.
Well said, and you’ve given me flashbacks as well.

Many that I knew inside would view ~20 months as a warm-up exercise that they could do standing on one leg (their bad one). As for how that last day will be handled...forget it. In the big picture of your life and your future, nothing could mean less than that one single day. When you get inside, stay out of trouble and take every course, class and program that you can. Your ~20 months will be over before you know it.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:07 PM

Did you have a two year mandatory minimum with another crime - for which they gave you a day?

At any point we’re you booked and released? If so that will count as one day, even if the booking process took less than an hour (as it did with me).

24 months - with good time your just under 21 months. Maybe 3 months HWH...I don’t know if they are giving a lot on 24 months. So you’re gone for maybe 15-18 months? Either way it will go by quickly. You won’t have time to feel at home. Just keep busy and develop a routine. And the time will go by quick.
The Following User Says Thank You to ttexrbomb For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-01-2020)