Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Missouri Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 05-10-2015, 03:41 PM

Default Missouri Medical Release

I need some information and am not having any luck finding it. Does anyone know where to get stats on how many offenders have been released on medical parole or medical release. I'm not talking about compassionate release but medical release. I just want to know what percentage of prisoners that try to get it are actually granted medical release. Thanks for helping.

Last edited by leslin; 05-10-2015 at 04:26 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2015, 06:10 PM

Thanked 5,959 Times in 3,104 Posts

Ok I have tried for almost a year. Its not in your state but I've found no attorney even willing to look at my husbands case. He only has about 15 months left but he's so seriously ill its a joke that they won't release him. I wish I could help you but the odds are atrocious of your LO ever getting a medical release. Even people on there death bed don't get out. I'm sorry I wish I knew a way to help. Prayers for you and yours
Old 05-10-2015, 11:01 PM

Oh that's disappointing. A lawyer is proposing to try for a substantial amount of money. I wanted to find out how many have been successfully released or what percentage before having to pony up a lot of money for a chance.
Old 11-04-2018, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslin View Post
I need some information and am not having any luck finding it. Does anyone know where to get stats on how many offenders have been released on medical parole or medical release. I'm not talking about compassionate release but medical release. I just want to know what percentage of prisoners that try to get it are actually granted medical release. Thanks for helping.
Missouri does not grant medical parole or early release due to medical conditions. If you are convicted of a crime and have a minimum or mandatory sentence to fulfill, you will have to meet those obligations until they will release you.

If you are ill, they will send you to a medical camp or to a hospital unit within the facility.

We had a guy that had terminal cancer and they stopped his chemo, the department was no longer willing to pay for his treatment/transport him off the camp for it. They gave him 6-8 months left to live and he had 4 months left till he paroled. He did everyday of that time.
The Following User Says Thank You to GlassCity1982 For This Useful Post:
xolady (11-04-2018)