Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Kentucky.

Old 11-11-2018, 10:50 PM

Default Little Sandy email contact...?

Hi All,

I am trying to contact an Education Officer or anyone who can advise me on education programs at Little Sandy CC. I have offered my LO a job when he gets out, and I'd love for him to do a particular class for it, which is "available" on the Little Sandy website, but when he enquired about doing it, he was told that it is not available. Twice, I have called the prison and left my email with two different staff members, but that was weeks ago, and still nobody has contacted me. I live very far from the US!

Does anyone have any email addresses at all for any staff at Little Sandy??
Doesn't have to be an education person, if I can get ahold of ANYONE, surely they can pass the enquiry on? Or would someone local in Kentucky be willing to make a phone enquiry for me? I never seem to be able to speak to anyone that knows anything! LOL!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2018, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 5,697 Times in 2,862 Posts

The programs listed on the website are often outdated. Right now, all DOC prisons are shorthanded so they probably don't have anyone to teach it. You emailing or calling to ask about it won't make it happen any time soon. Sorry. If your LO says it's not offered, then it's not offered. Or it could be he's not qualified to take it for various reasons.

DOC email addresses are not listed on the website so they are not really public information.

Last edited by sass4221; 11-12-2018 at 06:36 AM.. Reason: add info
Old 11-12-2018, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sass4221 View Post
The programs listed on the website are often outdated. Right now, all DOC prisons are shorthanded so they probably don't have anyone to teach it. You emailing or calling to ask about it won't make it happen any time soon. Sorry. If your LO says it's not offered, then it's not offered. Or it could be he's not qualified to take it for various reasons.

DOC email addresses are not listed on the website so they are not really public information.
Yeah, he was told by another inmate that "there are two classrooms downstairs full of computers sitting empty, collecting dust." so lack of teachers is probably the problem. Thanks for your input. He's actually four months away from being eligible for the class, I just told him to enquire, 'cause maybe there is a waiting list or sth? He's already doing another class that they told him to do at his last parole hearing, so maybe they can't even do multiple classes simultaneously..? Anyway. It's all good. We'll get it sorted!

Whatever happens, I feel so blessed to know him! :-)
Old 11-12-2018, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 5,697 Times in 2,862 Posts

Yes, they're only allowed 1 at a time. And cannot apply until they are eligible.