Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Missouri

Old 11-14-2018, 06:43 PM

Default Grandson in segregation, prison won't tell me why

I hadn't heard from my grandson in Boonville for a while. When I called to check on him, they told me that he received a violation and was placed in segregation. When I asked what he had done, they told me that they couldn't discuss it with me because they couldn't prove who I was. They said they believed I was his grandma but couldn't prove it, so no info. Is there anything that I can do to find out what is going on? They told me that I could send him emails but he wouldn't be able to respond and that we could write each other. No phone calls, though. I am worried. I have received one letter from him but he gave me no information about what happened.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2018, 07:00 PM

Unfortunately for you there is not much you can do but write him through email and send him regular letters. In the prison I work at we provide very little information to family members, especially if they are placed in SHU for what ever reason. While inmates in SHU do not have access to email they do receive letters and can send letters out, provided they have stamps and materials.

My only advice is continue to write him and call the prison back and ask the specific question if they are allowed phone calls at any in SHU. In my prison they can make one phone call every 30 days, provided they have money in their account.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bikerguy For This Useful Post:
miamac (11-14-2018), patchouli (11-14-2018), Sarianna (11-16-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 07:18 PM

Default Segregation

They had told me that I could send him emails but that he couldn't respond. I have no way of knowing if he is receiving anything from me.
Old 11-14-2018, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverlane View Post
They had told me that I could send him emails but that he couldn't respond. I have no way of knowing if he is receiving anything from me.
If his prison is anything like mine, he would not have access to his email account. But it would still accept emails and he would read them after he was released from SHU.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bikerguy For This Useful Post:
roverlane (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 07:27 PM

He had started working in the kitchen. Would he still be doing that while in segregation or just locked up all the time?
Old 11-14-2018, 08:31 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,203 Times in 15,231 Posts

Quote:
He had started working in the kitchen. Would he still be doing that while in segregation or just locked up all the time?
I'm sorry but, no, he won't be going to work while in the Hole. Most likely, he won't have a kitchen job when he's released from the Hole

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
miamac (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 09:19 PM

Thanked 3,453 Times in 1,089 Posts

Super frustrating, but as far as the prison is concerned he’s an adult and it’s none of your business what he did to get put in the hole. Your grandson might choose not to tell you also. Good luck to you.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:57 PM

Quote:
No, he is locked in a cell, ether by himself or with another inmate for 23 hours a day. he gets 1 hour for recreation time outside of the cell.

He is suspended from his kitchen job and he might or might not go back to it after he gets out.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bikerguy For This Useful Post:
miamac (11-14-2018), patchouli (11-15-2018), roverlane (11-15-2018)