Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Georgia.

Old 11-21-2018, 08:25 AM

Default Love one currently at Autry in Georgia? Need answers

I realize this may be a really long shot, but due to the holiday, this is where I'll start.
I am trying to find, and connect with families, who have a love one in Autry State CI in Georgia, on HOPE of locating fellow inmates who knew my three childrens father.
We divorced years ago, and only my youngest (24) and I had spoke to his dad last in 2014, just before his last incarnation. He passed away last Friday, my son and I by his side, but he was unable to speak. I know he heard our every word, the "I forgive you's" the "I love you's" and the "I'm so sorry's" that my son and I spoke,all the tears that were shed, as we wiped the tears from his eyes.
He usually reached out while incarnated, but this time he didn't, nor did we, and now we have to live with that. So "why am I here?", over the past 16 years, the only contact my son had with his dad was 2013 -2014, when he would call. Thankfully, we were able to meet briefly the Chaplin at the prison, who did know his dad, and gave words my son REALLY needed to here;"you dad bragged about his three boys a lot. He had a lot of guilt and regret, but he loved you very much."
My son wants to know more about his dad, his last few years, and only those who were in with him can give any answers; the boys and I were the only one's listed on his visitation,although we never knew.
I realize some may say "why do you care now?", and truth is I never stopped caring for him, nor did his children! We chose FORGIVENESS years ago, for his disease and weaknesses.
So if anyone can help, it sure would help my son as he is dealing with the loss of his dad. Thank you, and God Bless us all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to My3Pack For This Useful Post:
patchouli (11-21-2018), sidewalker (11-21-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2018, 08:31 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,707 Times in 14,455 Posts

Oh, I see now. (I posted in the intro thread)
I am so sorry that your family missed a chance.
Im glad at least that they got a chance to say goodbye. Greatful that the chaplain was able to talk to your son about his dad.
Im sorry for your loss.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
My3Pack (11-23-2018)
Old 11-21-2018, 08:59 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,542 Times in 11,951 Posts

I'm sorry for your loss. I also answered your introductory question and explained one way for you to locate archived PTO messages about Autry prison.
Old 11-21-2018, 09:02 AM

Thanked 1,554 Times in 620 Posts

I am so sorry for your loss but thankful that you were all able to ease his passing. The heart knows what we can't always say in words. Your being there was what was truly important.

Having more to remember about who he was is understandable. Have you posted your request in the Georgia section of the forum? I suggest you also reach out to the National Incarceration Association. They are an advocacy group based in Georgia & their president goes to almost every DOC Family Day to connect with families. Her name is Kate Boccia & she may have some contacts at Autry that might be able to find the info you need. Go to their website & at the very bottom of the page, click on Contact us or volunteer. Then fill out the info form that pops up. The website is https://joinnia.com/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
My3Pack (11-28-2018), patchouli (11-21-2018), sidewalker (11-27-2018)
Old 11-21-2018, 09:55 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,272 Times in 15,273 Posts

My sincerest condolences on the passing of your & your children's loved one. My wish for you all is that when you find answers to your questions that you also find solace & peace.

Welcome to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
My3Pack (11-28-2018)