Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Pennsylvania.

Old 11-18-2018, 07:30 PM

Question AC Status Swap List??

Hi everyone-

My bf had a situation earlier and completed his disciplinary custody time "in the hole"(about 4 months). He was placed on administrative custody about 2 months ago and was waiting for the transfer vote sheet to be approved. The original transfer was denied due to a paperwork error so he was told he would be placed on a swap list a couple weeks ago.

Does anyone have experience with the ac swap list? How long did your love one have to wait? Did it interfere with parole?

Anxiously waiting for positive results....
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2018, 08:25 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,226 Times in 1,236 Posts

There is no timetable for transfers. The only real guideline exists in DC ADM 801 and 802 regarding the process for reviewing AC status on a periodic basis.

Once the facility decided he should be moved, the case was handed off to the Office of Population Management in Mechanicsburg. That office decides where he will go and when he will be moved. Their first priority is institutional security; second is safety of him and others; third is programming access and possibly proximity to his committing county.

Since this arose as a consequence of misconduct, don't be surprised if he is sent across the state. My experience with this situations at Chester is that the men often wake up at Forest and Albion.
Bubgirl (11-25-2018)
Old 11-25-2018, 09:52 AM

Thank you for your response Bobble60. I've been told 4-6 months but no one really has a concrete answer. I was just wondering if anyone else dealt with this and how long they waited. I guess it's just a waiting game until DOC decided what they want to do. He does get the periodic reviews but not much is being said right now.

He is currently at an SCI across state and it's his 4th facility over the span of his sentence. He is close to max and due for parole hearing in a couple months. I'm doubtful they will send him to his home county but right now, I'm just looking forward to him being back in gen pop and away from where he is now.

Thanks again.