Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WASHINGTON > Washington Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Washington Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics & Discussions relating to prison & jail visitation, phones, packages & mail.

Old 12-02-2018, 05:38 PM

Default Visiting Clallam Bay for the first time. Help!

Hi yíall!
visiting my LO who is in Clallam Bay and Iíll be there in two weeks. Iím wondering if anyone can give me advice with dress code, decent hotels to stay at near the facility, and if thereís decent cellphone reception out there.
Iím coming from out of state for the visit.
Thanks so much !!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2018, 11:43 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,203 Times in 15,231 Posts

I can't answer your questions for Washington State, but WADOC has, at least, the basic do's & don'ts & visitation policy. Here i a link to that WADOC page:

https://www.doc.wa.gov/corrections/i...ng/default.htm

Welcome to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Wombscum (12-07-2018)
Old 12-03-2018, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,682 Times in 2,684 Posts

Airbnb is a good place to look for reasonably priced lodgings. There are a few hotels around Clallam Bay - you can find them by googling "Clallam Bay hotels" or using the google maps feature ("find nearby").

Cell phone reception should be okay by the Straits, but can't guarantee it'll be all the good once you get away from the water - too many trees.

Since this is your first visit, I would definitely go conservative on your attire, follow the dress code in the link that Patchouli posted, and bring a second set of clothing in case, for whatever reason, your first chosen outfit is not to the liking of the visitation guards.

Welcome to PTO, and enjoy your visit!
Old 12-07-2018, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
Airbnb is a good place to look for reasonably priced lodgings. There are a few hotels around Clallam Bay - you can find them by googling "Clallam Bay hotels" or using the google maps feature ("find nearby").

Cell phone reception should be okay by the Straits, but can't guarantee it'll be all the good once you get away from the water - too many trees.

Since this is your first visit, I would definitely go conservative on your attire, follow the dress code in the link that Patchouli posted, and bring a second set of clothing in case, for whatever reason, your first chosen outfit is not to the liking of the visitation guards.

Welcome to PTO, and enjoy your visit!
Thank you !! Iíll be staying In forks being that Clallam Bay only had a couple of very run down motels so i hope I get service there and itís not an awful drive back and forth
The Following User Says Thank You to Wombscum For This Useful Post:
GingerM (12-08-2018)