Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 10-06-2018, 01:06 PM

Default Global Tel Link Issues

My boyfriend just got arrested on Tuesday and the facility he is at uses Global. So when he was in intake he was calling me all the time and said they only have 72 hours of free phone calls and that I needed to figure out how to put money on the account. So I did and I put $25 (plus the $10.83 fee &#128580 and he hasn't been able to call me at all. He asked another inmate if he could have his wife call me to see what is going on with the phone. It's not just that it won't connect or it drops a call, he gets an automated message saying that my number isn't on the account! I have called their customer service twice in the last 36 hours and ALL the information is correct. They have the right facility, they triple checked my phone number and they said there is ZERO evidence that an inmate from that jail is trying to call me. I said this is ridiculous, CLEARLY he knows my phone number because he was calling my non stop when the calls were free and he was able to give it to this other inmate so his wife could call me and tell me what's going on. So they have to send a ticket to tech support and it's going to take at least 48 hours, maybe longer. This is insanity. Why is it so hard to make a phone call 😡
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2018, 03:18 PM

Did he put you on the call list maybe that's why it's not going through
Old 10-06-2018, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambermarshall11 View Post
Did he put you on the call list maybe that's why it's not going through
I was told that as long as my number is registered on the account for that particular facility that there should be no issue. There wasn't even a place for me to add his inmate number, they said if I am just doing phone and not commissary or bail posting, the inmate information doesn't matter. They have an app so I downloaded that. Maybe that will make a difference.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:21 PM

Are you in california? Here, there is no list that you have to put phone numbers on (like an approved list for the inmate). Just an FYI for you...ive seen people from other states talk about approved lists before so i guess they do things different in every state but i figured id let you know about cali in case thats where youre at
The Following User Says Thank You to JessesGirl2022 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (12-04-2018)