Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Colorado that do not fit into any other Colorado sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:56 AM
Stevengirl

Default Colorado State Penitentiary, is it on lockdown in Canon City prison

I heard that something happened. And do some inmates have trouble using phone, he was transferred from sterling prison max. When he got transferred he got jumped,and rned on hospital. cause he no longer is on a gang, so now he is in the hole.and I just dont understand what is going on
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2018, 12:00 PM

Location: His is in Colorado USA I am currently in Somerset U.K.

Yes it is since last Tuesday. My guy called me on Sunday and while on the phone he asked the CO what the reason was, I heard her say ‘We haven’t been told’ but I know they have been doing cell shakedowns. The phones are a nightmare! When they are not on lockdown they get a two hour slot (if they are lucky and let out on time) during which 8 men have to use it. When they are on lockdown they will generally get a chance once every three days to call you from their cell but it depends a lot on which unit they are in and what the CO’s running that unit are like. On Sunday within 5 mins the CO was hassling my fiancé to give the phone back. The guy in the cell next to him went to the hole this week for arguing about the phone! Are you on his release of information form? I just call the case manager ever if I want to check how my fiancé is doing.
Old 12-04-2018, 01:16 PM
Stevengirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholyholly View Post
Yes it is since last Tuesday. My guy called me on Sunday and while on the phone he asked the CO what the reason was, I heard her say ‘We haven’t been told’ but I know they have been doing cell shakedowns. The phones are a nightmare! When they are not on lockdown they get a two hour slot (if they are lucky and let out on time) during which 8 men have to use it. When they are on lockdown they will generally get a chance once every three days to call you from their cell but it depends a lot on which unit they are in and what the CO’s running that unit are like. On Sunday within 5 mins the CO was hassling my fiancé to give the phone back. The guy in the cell next to him went to the hole this week for arguing about the phone! Are you on his release of information form? I just call the case manager ever if I want to check how my fiancé is doing.
Yea he called me on Sunday too about 6:50pm, ever since he has been transferred from sterling facility prison I hardly talk to him now, he said that he is in the hole even though is wasn't his fault. He got jumped. So I guess he is going to PC,they haven't even given his stuff like TV, etc, so he has nothing, I have never thought it would be so bad there, still haven't heard from him, since Sunday and it was only for 5 minutes, at first I didn't know if I should believe that lol, but I guess its true, Its just that I never figured it would be like that in prison on Colorado,
Old 12-04-2018, 01:44 PM
Stevengirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholyholly View Post
I just want to say thank you for the info, this is my first time being involved with a inmate. I don't really have no one to talk about it
Old 12-04-2018, 01:47 PM

Location: His is in Colorado USA I am currently in Somerset U.K.

It’s an awful place. It’s a hard place to stay out of trouble too. I would say on Average since my fiancé has been there we have talked 4 times a week but never more than 20 mins, Sometimes we get a good run but weirdly since he moved out of high risk into MCU it’s been worse. There is a lot of fighting over the phones. At Sterling we could speak an hour or more, it’s very different! They are slow to progress them too! They need to be in each programme 90 days to progress, my guy was progressed by the board but then it took them 4 weeks to physically move him. So that’s 4 wasted weeks! The next 90 days doesn’t start until they are physically moved. It’s stinks! And of course until they have completed all three programmes they can’t get out of there!