Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status All discussions relating to specific Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison units, Texas State Jails & Private prisons, and County Jails.

Old 11-27-2018, 08:57 PM

Default Connally Unit - Lock down?

I visited my LO in Connally Unit Saturday morning. Before I left, we agreed he'd call Monday afternoon. It's pretty standard that he calls between 11am and 12pm on week days (our weekend call schedule is more random), so I asked that he stick to that time period. I haven't heard anything from him since I left visitation Saturday. When he arrived at that Unit in September, he said they would likely have a lock down before the end of the year but, since then, when I'd ask, he hadn't heard any specifics.
In early Nov., his wing was locked down for a few of days (disciplinary), but he was able to kind of sneak to the phone to let me know that they were locked down and he'd call again as soon as he could. He tends to be conscientious about getting in touch to at least let me know there isn't something bad happening.

Does anyone know if Connally is locked down?
Does anyone know if I can call the Unit and ask? This is my first experience with an LO in prison and never know what is appropriate to call about and what is stuff I just have to wait and see.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2018, 06:36 AM
TDCJ hand

Thanked 1,374 Times in 749 Posts

99% of the time if asked they will confirm if on lockdown. Sometimes they will say if it is incident related or just the semi-annual.
The Following User Says Thank You to TDCJ hand For This Useful Post:
smithery (11-29-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 01:19 AM

Question How long does the Annual Lockdown last?

Can they recieve letters when they are on lockdown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDCJ hand View Post
99% of the time if asked they will confirm if on lockdown. Sometimes they will say if it is incident related or just the semi-annual.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:26 AM

Smile Thought I would say Hi

My Fiance is at the Conally Unit as well..😊

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithery View Post
I visited my LO in Connally Unit Saturday morning. Before I left, we agreed he'd call Monday afternoon. It's pretty standard that he calls between 11am and 12pm on week days (our weekend call schedule is more random), so I asked that he stick to that time period. I haven't heard anything from him since I left visitation Saturday. When he arrived at that Unit in September, he said they would likely have a lock down before the end of the year but, since then, when I'd ask, he hadn't heard any specifics.
In early Nov., his wing was locked down for a few of days (disciplinary), but he was able to kind of sneak to the phone to let me know that they were locked down and he'd call again as soon as he could. He tends to be conscientious about getting in touch to at least let me know there isn't something bad happening.

Does anyone know if Connally is locked down?
Does anyone know if I can call the Unit and ask? This is my first experience with an LO in prison and never know what is appropriate to call about and what is stuff I just have to wait and see.
Old 12-01-2018, 02:01 AM
TDCJ hand

Thanked 1,374 Times in 749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliss&Artie View Post
Can they recieve letters when they are on lockdown?
Yes. Mailroom staff will come to the housing area to drop off incoming mail and to pick up outgoing mail instead of the offender dropping it in the box on the way to chow,school,etc.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:24 PM

Default Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliss&Artie View Post
My Fiance is at the Conally Unit as well..😊
It is SO nice to hear from someone else who has a loved one at Connally. Have you been hearing from your fiancé?
I hope he is doing well.
Old 12-04-2018, 04:23 AM

Cool

No I have not heard from him since 11/25, I'm pretty sure they are on lockdown. I have not called but yep. They usually have these lockdowns toward the end of the year or beginning of the year. I will call the unit tomorrow just to make sure for My peace of mind. 🙄..I will provide an update shortly. y
Old 12-04-2018, 04:11 PM

Default Confirmation.

I received a letter from my LO yesterday. He confirmed they are in lock down at Connally He said he expects it to last about 3 weeks. He borrowed a stamp from someone, so I don't expect to hear from him again until it's over. Probably going to give him an earful, later, about making sure he has stamps in the future, just in case. This is not his first rodeo. He knew a lock down was coming. He better have borrowed another stamp so he could let his mom know, too. What a goof!