Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

CDCR - What You Need to Know Information relating to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. Q&A for those new to the CDCR system should be posted here.

Old 12-02-2018, 03:10 PM

Thanked 1,034 Times in 489 Posts

My son is at a facility that is/was supposed to integrate in December 2018 (CTF, Level 1).

I am suddenly getting no phone calls since I visited last weekend. Am wondering if anyone knows what is going on in there. Maybe they just turned the phones off in anticipation of integration(?). Any information greatly appreciated. Trying not to worry.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2018, 12:21 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 20,253 Times in 7,248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie8899 View Post
My son is at a facility that is/was supposed to integrate in December 2018 (CTF, Level 1).

I am suddenly getting no phone calls since I visited last weekend. Am wondering if anyone knows what is going on in there. Maybe they just turned the phones off in anticipation of integration(?). Any information greatly appreciated. Trying not to worry.
I'm sorry, I haven't heard anything. Hopefully it was just a preventative stopping of programming as they've done on other yards during the transition and you hear from him really soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
marie8899 (12-14-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
I'm sorry, I haven't heard anything. Hopefully it was just a preventative stopping of programming as they've done on other yards during the transition and you hear from him really soon.
Thank you for responding. He was finally able to call in evenings, but I think regular programming has been suspended for now. At least he is not incommunicado.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marie8899 For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (12-06-2018), miamac (12-05-2018), sidewalker (12-06-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 01:45 PM

Hello,

Do you know if they are going to intergrate Calipatria State Prison level 4 anytime soon?

Quote:
I hadn't seen this and it's really disappointing to see that this will continue rollout to some Level 3 yards this coming year. Upcoming yards/facilities:

CMC
MCSP
CTF
ASP- full facility
VSP- full facility
CVSP- full facility
SATF
SCC
CCC

So it seems like they're willing to put our loved ones at risk to weed out the problem-children and corral them at a handful of facilities. We all know what those are called, gladiator camps. I'm pretty sure this is how pre-SNY prison worked. Are they hoping it will just go better this time?
Old 12-06-2018, 02:06 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz_0006 View Post
Hello,

Do you know if they are going to intergrate Calipatria State Prison level 4 anytime soon?
Nothing I have seen has listed a level 4 yard at any facility as slated to integrate.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Nothing I have seen has listed a level 4 yard at any facility as slated to integrate.
Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to Liz_0006 For This Useful Post:
miamac (12-06-2018)
Old 12-19-2018, 11:49 PM

Default Integration SNY and General Population

I was wondering what can a family member do when a loved one got stabbed by someone? I am concerned since they are putting SNY and GP together. Any suggestions will help thank you.
Old 12-20-2018, 10:06 AM

Thanked 1,363 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smimi View Post
I was wondering what can a family member do when a loved one got stabbed by someone? I am concerned since they are putting SNY and GP together. Any suggestions will help thank you.
That's a tough one. I'll assume, since you post in this thread, this happened on an integrated yard and you and your LO would like him off that yard?

Short answer is family members are limited in what they can do. You can write to the warden. But only on matters that affect you the family member, not the inmate. Maybe it does affect you...

At a minimum, the prison should remove the attacker from the yard. Ideally they remove your LO from that yard also, especially if he believes a threat remains from other inmates. The prison decides whether it's safe and may keep your LO on that yard if they believe it is safe for your LO. If they do keep him there, and you and your LO disagree and think it's unsafe, your LO would have to appeal and file a 602.

Prisons are required to keep prisoners safe from other inmates and provide reasonable safety. That was ruled on by the Supreme Court decades ago as part of the 8th amendment prohibiting cruel and unusual punishment (Farmer v Brennan).
The Following User Says Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2018, 12:41 AM
No Matter what

Does anyone know if Chino Level 1 has been integrated ? My husband is 42 to the house and he just got word from his counselor he has committee tomorrow and he is up for a possible transfer, like really? He is under 2 months away from coming home nd they are pulling this crap. My husband is worried about the drama that comes with the mixed yards, he doesn’t want to jeopardize his date. If any one knows if chino leevel one is already integrated... thanks

Old 12-21-2018, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchezsela80 View Post
Does anyone know if Chino Level 1 has been integrated ? My husband is 42 to the house and he just got word from his counselor he has committee tomorrow and he is up for a possible transfer, like really? He is under 2 months away from coming home nd they are pulling this crap. My husband is worried about the drama that comes with the mixed yards, he doesn’t want to jeopardize his date. If any one knows if chino leevel one is already integrated... thanks
According to the CDCR press release thing- Yards A, C, and D at CMI (Chino) ARE integrated as of Sept 2018. I was trying to find the link to post on here for you of this bulletin or whatever you call it- (where i got that info from)- but im having no luck I printed it out so id know where it was if i needed it but you should be able to find it SOMEWHERE on the CDCR website. Hope this helps....
Old 12-21-2018, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessesGirl2022 View Post
According to the CDCR press release thing- Yards A, C, and D at CMI (Chino) ARE integrated as of Sept 2018. I was trying to find the link to post on here for you of this bulletin or whatever you call it- (where i got that info from)- but im having no luck I printed it out so id know where it was if i needed it but you should be able to find it SOMEWHERE on the CDCR website. Hope this helps....
Wait- its from the PLO (Prison Law Office)not CDCR sorry im tired- been a long day- but maybe on THEIR website is where i got it...
The Following User Says Thank You to JessesGirl2022 For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (12-30-2018)
Old 12-21-2018, 09:48 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Does anyone know if Chino Level 1 has been integrated ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessesGirl2022 View Post
Wait- its from the PLO (Prison Law Office)not CDCR sorry im tired- been a long day- but maybe on THEIR website is where i got it...
Yes, PLO posted a document that includes the CDCR memo with facility timelines. So you got it right.
You can find that here. Scroll down to the last few pages.

If I understand correctly, all Level 1's were slated to be flipped by September. CIM is listed but they're already working on Level 2's there. So I have to assume 1 is done.

I would be pissed that they were moving him so close to his date, as well. I'm sorry you have that hanging over your head. It doesn't make sense to us, but they see numbers and slots to fill. :/
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (12-30-2018)
Old 12-21-2018, 12:18 PM
No Matter what

Thank you! Now his next question. If any one knows how the integration has been coming along? Meaning, if any one has herd if it has it been problematic? How has it been for the guys been coming in from SNY and the Active? This is so stressful, I won’t know if he was endorsed to be transferred until next week. My husband was advised by the counselor to waive him self to be present for committee. The counselor said she had a better chance of keeping him where was if he didn’t show up. She would plea for him to stay with out him being present at committee.

Old 12-21-2018, 12:23 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
My husband was advised by the counselor to waive him self to be present for committee. The counselor said she had a better chance of keeping him where was if he didn’t show up. She would plea for him to stay with out him being present at committee.
What?! Maybe I'm missing something here but why can't she do that while he's sitting there? That happened to mine and (respectfully) asked all present to review his file and reconsider their decision to move him and it was in the committee meeting that they did that and he was actually given endorsement with a level override, all in his favor.

I might be wrong and of course don't know the full set of circumstances, but it seems like it would show a lack of interest on his part to waive attendance, no?
Old 12-21-2018, 01:11 PM
No Matter what

Yes I am confused as well. Supposedly she stated that she has seen where they have denied the over ride to other guy in the same situation. That it’s likely they would deny him if he was present. I am confused and at the end of the day Cdcr does what they want. Ok so fine they move once again. His concern is what is he walking in to? My husband is no longer active, he has served 19 years and the last 12 months he dropped out. He wants to finish his time and come home. It scares the crap out of him thinking he will lose time because of this possible endorsement / move

The Following User Says Thank You to sanchezsela80 For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (12-27-2018)
Old 12-26-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Thank you! Now his next question. If any one knows how the integration has been coming along? Meaning, if any one has herd if it has it been problematic? How has it been for the guys been coming in from SNY and the Active? This is so stressful, I won’t know if he was endorsed to be transferred until next week. My husband was advised by the counselor to waive him self to be present for committee. The counselor said she had a better chance of keeping him where was if he didn’t show up. She would plea for him to stay with out him being present at committee.
I see my husband this past weekend and he told that several people have been hurt at the integrated yard at CTF. The most seriously hurt have been in the hospital only a day after they were put on the new yard. They are also having lockdowns to run practice runs to see how fast CO's respond should there be alarms due to emergencies. There are a lot of scared inmstes as well as their LO's and they just wait to see what happens. It's a very unsettling feeling about all this. I hate to think something really bad must happen in order for this to stop. Also, there were people protesting outside the prison to stop this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shrte78 For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (12-27-2018), marie8899 (12-27-2018), miamac (12-27-2018)
Old 12-27-2018, 11:56 AM

Thanked 1,363 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrte78 View Post
I see my husband this past weekend and he told that several people have been hurt at the integrated yard at CTF. The most seriously hurt have been in the hospital only a day after they were put on the new yard. They are also having lockdowns to run practice runs to see how fast CO's respond should there be alarms due to emergencies. There are a lot of scared inmstes as well as their LO's and they just wait to see what happens. It's a very unsettling feeling about all this. I hate to think something really bad must happen in order for this to stop. Also, there were people protesting outside the prison to stop this.
I saw the protesters on the bridge near the entrance. CTF does not make the integration decision, Sacramento does. So protest at the prison level may not get results. Still, good for them making their voices heard.

As I understand, all prisons have level 1 yards so integration has happened to some degree at all prisons now. SVSP is primarily level 4 with one level 3 yard, and a small level 1. My son tells me Ad-Seg has many level 1 inmates right now because of integration problems on the 1 yard. Frequently hear sirens and guards having to run to the 1 yard to settle something down.

Second hand information I suppose but I have no reason to doubt him. And it is not encouraging news.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
marie8899 (12-28-2018), miamac (12-27-2018)
Old 12-27-2018, 11:58 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,859 Times in 15,589 Posts

The following article was posted on PTO's FB page late last night:

Inmate riots and injuries reported in the wake of new state prison program

A series of riots took place at a Central Coast prison just before the Christmas holiday. Officials at the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) confirmed prison fights broke out at Soledad State Prison, and four inmates were hospitalized. CDCR officials call them minor incidents, but families of inmates say more fights are occurring because of a new state prison program.

“Our families are being tortured. Most of these men—they have worked hard to go to Level I and Level II facilities.” Darlene Burke said. “It’s as though they’re being punished for all the hard work they’ve invested in themselves.”

Entire article HERE.

There was a message on PTO's FB last Friday about a riot at Soledad, but I couldn't locate any corroborating information. I will not post "rumors of violence" and chance creating more & unnecessary stress & anxiety for those members & their loved ones already knee deep in worry & "what-ifs." My sympathies for anyone injured and their families

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (12-27-2018), marie8899 (12-28-2018), miamac (12-27-2018), shrte78 (12-27-2018), sidewalker (12-27-2018)
Old 12-28-2018, 12:20 AM

These posts about CTF are important and frightening information for those of us who have loved ones there. My son is in the Level I unit. Do you think if I call the prison, they will tell me if my son was injured/hospitalized? I have a medical waiver on file. Will they tell me if he is in Ad Seg?
Thanks for any recommendations.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie8899 View Post
These posts about CTF are important and frightening information for those of us who have loved ones there. My son is in the Level I unit. Do you think if I call the prison, they will tell me if my son was injured/hospitalized? I have a medical waiver on file. Will they tell me if he is in Ad Seg?
Thanks for any recommendations.
you can ask for a welfare check! you ask to be transferred to his cell block and a Sargent will answer and you ask him/her for a welfare check.
they will tell u if he is in his cell or of he has been moved!
The Following User Says Thank You to hogi2376 For This Useful Post:
marie8899 (12-28-2018)
Old 12-28-2018, 01:22 PM

My husband was 1 of the 1st to move in Sept from salinas to kern valley level 1, there was 20 of them and the c.o's said handle your business. My husband said look we just want to program but if you want to fight we will. They all decided to program, but now the warden wont open the other dorm so he is packing that dorm and they are way overcrowded and bringing in more actives who are having issues. Yesterday at 1 a.m. a fight broke out so the c.o.'s made everyone strip down to their underwear and stand outside in the freezing cold for hours, even though they had the 2 in custody. C.d.c is doing this on purpose i believe this. This is in humane punishment i have tried contacting c.d.c and the public information officer and the ombudsmen, which is a joke cause they keep passing the buck. So i have contacted ABC news that serves kern county and they are gonna look into it. It's a level 1 prison and there are still fights breaking out cause they are integrating syn and actibed but they wont put child molesters in with them, which is a shame they get preferential treatment? Which isn't right. My husband has been down for 4 yrs and got denied for prop 57, which is a joke, and he just got denied an ankle monitor, but he has 10 months to go, no fights and he programs so everything c.d.c says is a lie. I am furious. Is there anyone else that has loved ones in kern valley?
Old 12-28-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogi2376 View Post
you can ask for a welfare check! you ask to be transferred to his cell block and a Sargent will answer and you ask him/her for a welfare check.
they will tell u if he is in his cell or of he has been moved!
Thanks. Called today and hopefully will get a call back.
The Following User Says Thank You to marie8899 For This Useful Post:
miamac (12-28-2018)
Old 12-28-2018, 03:54 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Just a reminder that we are here to support one another and that means leaving judgement about charges at the door. This is a very emotional subject and covers some of our most vulnerable populations behind the fence who have loved ones on these boards, too. No inmate life is more valuable than another; so please remember that the purpose of this thread is to share information and support.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
patchouli (12-29-2018), sidewalker (12-29-2018)
Old 12-29-2018, 02:15 AM

Well my fiance is in ad-seg waiting for the DA to pick up a case charging him with attempted murder because he was in a 20+ men riot...
Old 12-29-2018, 10:05 AM

I’m sorry to hear about your fiancé. Is it at at CTF? What unit? Can you give a little more information?