Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Pets & Animal Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pets & Animal Discussions Man of us have furry (or other) loved ones at home with us. Please use this forum to talk about anything and everything relating to them, hobbies relating to them, etc.

Old 12-06-2018, 10:20 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 19,399 Times in 6,960 Posts
Default Met a new furiend today

A rare rainy day here and I was out helping my mom bring in groceries. Our home is fenced in the front with a three foot brick wall and a slightly taller wrought iron gate across the drive. Next thing I know, this big dog in a little sweater is flying over the gate, over my dog and sticks to my side. I'm a dog person through and through, I literally melt around dogs. It's embarrassing. But they don't usually fly over my gate and love on me random Thursday afternoons.

I look up and down the street to see if her people are somewhere nearby but it's raining so there's no one out. Desert people. Psh. My inner voice was squealing "maybe we can keeeep her!!!" even though my adult outer voice was saying all of the right things like "Oh look, she has a county ID, we should call and get her home". A total sweetheart, not very old, obviously a recent mother and even more recently spayed. And did I mention the tiny sweater?! She was a leaner, too, my favorite thing. I love dogs who just lean into you like they've been waiting to get off their feet their whole life. Anyway, we called the county. They looked up her ID, called her owner and gave them our number. Her person was out looking for her and had actually driven past a few times while I was convincing her that our house has the coolest toys and best treats and not to mind the old people smell, you get used to it. When I realized the car was her person, I walked her out to the gate and waved him down. Her name was Annie Mae and they had adopted her three days ago. She managed to slip the yard and get lost. Well, that's the official version. Personally, I think she was sent to give me the warm and fuzzy reminder that dogs are about the best thing ever and when you get a chance to help one you should.

Just in case one didn't magically fly into your yard today, here's a sweet story about adoption and senior dogs.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (12-07-2018), onedayatatime13 (12-07-2018), sidewalker (12-07-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2018, 06:14 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,695 Times in 14,450 Posts

It does not surprise me she leapt the fence. LOL>
She's a boxer. They got springs.

I too like the leaners. What a little cutie pie. I can see why you were smitten.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
miamac (12-07-2018)