Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the New York Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 12-20-2020, 05:59 PM

Default Questioned at visit because K9 smelled something on me

Hello all hope you are well so i went to a visit today in Downstate they had a k9 dog that was sniffing people i was one of the people that got sniffed SMH the state trooper tried to tell me i had something on me the dog scented it that's not possible i don't do drugs then they had the administration dept asking me 100 questions about my boyfriend long story short why did this happen to me they let me go on the visit they read the emails you send to i have never saw state troopers k9 unit at downstate before
The Following User Says Thank You to ambermarshall11 For This Useful Post:
WeepingWillow (12-26-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2020, 06:43 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,866 Times in 2,295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambermarshall11 View Post
Hello all hope you are well so i went to a visit today in Downstate they had a k9 dog that was sniffing people i was one of the people that got sniffed SMH the state trooper tried to tell me i had something on me the dog scented it that's not possible i don't do drugs then they had the administration dept asking me 100 questions about my boyfriend long story short why did this happen to me they let me go on the visit they read the emails you send to i have never saw state troopers k9 unit at downstate before
Dogs show up randomly at different facilities esp if they think someone may be trying to bring stuff in. They also do the ion scanner at times.

Dogs can be at random and they will do every car and search all visitors. It's on the sign when you go there.
The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
Ms Sunny (12-20-2020)
Old 12-20-2020, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
Dogs show up randomly at different facilities esp if they think someone may be trying to bring stuff in. They also do the ion scanner at times.

Dogs can be at random and they will do every car and search all visitors. It's on the sign when you go there.
They don't need to worry about people bringing drug's in they are coming through the mail room not visits guess they were trying to catch people
Old 12-20-2020, 07:12 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 24,233 Times in 13,896 Posts

Searching people and their property, including their cars, is decided by each prison, each day. If you enter their prison property, you agree to (unconstitutional ?) warrantless searches. I was on a bop prison bus that was dropping off/picking up inmates from the main DC Jail, and the dogs even sniffed the outside of the bus, WTF !
Old 12-20-2020, 07:19 PM

Thanked 1,168 Times in 341 Posts

Quote:
If a prison does not have a dedicated K9 unit and most don't they might call in an outside agency to help with their drug dogs.

They would do it on random times and on random days.

The dog might have had a positive hit or maybe the dog had an unsure signal. Ether way it was enough for some questions, but not enough to bar you from entering.

The staff members and state trooper working the front don't know who you are and don't read your emails or phone calls. And even if they did, most if not 99% of illegal communications between inmates and visitors are done through cell phones not on emails or prison phones.

Also drugs can be introduced in visiting rooms. I personally have caught more than one inmate trying to swallow a balloon full of drugs in the visiting room.

There are many ways drugs and cell phones enter a prison. Mail and the visiting room are just 2 of them.

Oh and I hope the visit went well. We opened up for 2 weeks and closed right back down. Most of our guys are going crazy for visits.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bikerguy For This Useful Post:
patchouli (12-20-2020), sidewalker (12-21-2020)
Old 12-20-2020, 08:01 PM

[quote=fbopnomore;7830137]Searching people and their property, including their cars, is decided by each prison, each day. If you enter their prison property, you agree to (unconstitutional ?) warrantless searches. I was on a bop prison bus that was dropping off/picking up inmates from the main DC Jail, and the dogs even sniffed the outside of the bus, WTF ![/QUOTE
Omg you were that's nuts
Old 12-20-2020, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerguy View Post
If a prison does not have a dedicated K9 unit and most don't they might call in an outside agency to help with their drug dogs.

They would do it on random times and on random days.

The dog might have had a positive hit or maybe the dog had an unsure signal. Ether way it was enough for some questions, but not enough to bar you from entering.

The staff members and state trooper working the front don't know who you are and don't read your emails or phone calls. And even if they did, most if not 99% of illegal communications between inmates and visitors are done through cell phones not on emails or prison phones.

Also drugs can be introduced in visiting rooms. I personally have caught more than one inmate trying to swallow a balloon full of drugs in the visiting room.

There are many ways drugs and cell phones enter a prison. Mail and the visiting room are just 2 of them.

Oh and I hope the visit went well. We opened up for 2 weeks and closed right back down. Most of our guys are going crazy for visits.
Oh okay when i went to the administrative dept they had pulled up all his emails and then they were questioning me after the state trooper said his dog scented drugs they bark though when they scent drugs the visit went well after all that ugh
Old 12-20-2020, 09:37 PM
Donation Award 

At the end of the day, their house, so it is their rules. Even if pot is legal in that state or decriminalization, you'd get in trouble having in your car or on your person.

A lot gets passed on a visit. People walk out wearing different shoes all the time. Im usually oblivious to crap that goes on, but it does happen.

His email has been flagged. Whether it be you or someone else. He is trying to get stuff. It's not just the mail room. People get arrested for bringing in contraband all the time. Lately news articles have been pretty quiet but that is because less ppl are visiting.

Overall, he is using. It's clear. He is on their radar. Anyone he associates with is on their radar as well. Bringing in anything is real charges for those inside and outside.

Last edited by onedayatatime13; 12-21-2020 at 07:03 AM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
gallega1211 (12-21-2020), Ms Sunny (12-20-2020), patchouli (12-20-2020), sass4221 (12-21-2020)
Old 12-21-2020, 06:04 AM

Quote:
At the end of the day, their house, so it is their rules. Even if pot is legal in that state or decriminalization, you'd get in trouble having in your car or on your person.

A lot gets passed on a visit. People walk out wearing different shoes all the time. Im usually oblivious to crap that goes on, but it does happen.

His email has been flagged. Whether it be you or someone else. He is trying to get stuff. It's not just the mail room. People get arrested for bringing in contraband all the time.ately news articles have been pretty quiet but that is because less ppl are visiting.

Overall, he is using. It's clear. He is on their radar. Anyone he associates with is on their radar as well. Bringing in anything is real charges for those inside and outside.
Yeah and they will continue to have him on the radar im sure yeah he def is they are smoking paper that is dipped in k2 SMH some body told me that upstate prisons are starting to photo copy mail from the outside so the inmates get the copy the prison keeps the original if that is true it's an excellent plan they question me cause im the only one that goes and sees him not sure if the dog will be there every time or not that was the first time i saw a dog
Old 12-21-2020, 09:13 AM

I dont want to sound rude but whats the problem with the dog being there? If you didnt have anything then it should be no big deal? Idk. Our prison has a dog room you have to clear before you can even get on the van that takes you to the unit.
Old 12-21-2020, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoluv29 View Post
I dont want to sound rude but whats the problem with the dog being there? If you didnt have anything then it should be no big deal? Idk. Our prison has a dog room you have to clear before you can even get on the van that takes you to the unit.
I don't have a problem with the dog it's just funny that the dog sniffed some people but said he scented something on me was questioned for 45 mins then they let me go on the visit they are watching him idk what he did but i got cleared
Old 12-21-2020, 10:26 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
I don't have a problem with the dog it's just funny that the dog sniffed some people but said he scented something on me was questioned for 45 mins then they let me go on the visit they are watching him idk what he did but i got cleared
You have repeatedly stated here and probably on the phone or over emails and called to warn the facility or Albany that he uses K2. It is now known, so he is being watched.
MizzyMuffling (12-21-2020)
Old 12-21-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:
You have repeatedly stated here and probably on the phone or over emails and called to warn the facility or Albany that he uses K2. It is now known, so he is being watched.
I never said over the phone or email about drugs inmates use codes no what happened was he wss probably bragging in his unit and they told i no i wouldn't tell why would i do that when im the one going to the facility when i finally got into the visit he didn't believe me i no what happened
Old 12-21-2020, 11:37 AM

It's funny at my wife's prison. When I walk in and there is no one in the waiting room I know they have the dogs there. Word gets out and a lot of people won't visit when the dogs are there. LOL. Never bothered me. I even get some more visit time in.

I have seen some people try to bring in things. Entertaining when they get busted. Most of the time it is a sub contractor who works at the prison.
Old 12-21-2020, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koogie2k View Post
It's funny at my wife's prison. When I walk in and there is no one in the waiting room I know they have the dogs there. Word gets out and a lot of people won't visit when the dogs are there. LOL. Never bothered me. I even get some more visit time in.

I have seen some people try to bring in things. Entertaining when they get busted. Most of the time it is a sub contractor who works at the prison.
Yeah that was my first time seeing the dogs ever there prob cause it was a weekend they were at one point doing the ion test but they stopped that cause of false negatives but the dogs are not always correct that's for sure if they smell drugs they usually bark no sit there and look at you SMH
Old 12-21-2020, 07:31 PM
Donation Award 

At least 1x a year, I have encountered dogs at different facilities.
WeepingWillow (12-26-2020)