Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Arizona.

Old 12-28-2020, 01:23 AM

Default Eyman Browning Unit /DR

Hey!
Is there anyone here who has a pp there? I haven't had any contact since December 11th. Before it was daily. Are there any problems with the tablets or Securus / Jpay? Or does it still work for others?! I am concerned and grateful for any information!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2020, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miri_ View Post
Hey!
Is there anyone here who has a pp there? I haven't had any contact since December 11th. Before it was daily. Are there any problems with the tablets or Securus / Jpay? Or does it still work for others?! I am concerned and grateful for any information!

I haven't heard much from my friend either, he's in Meadows. I know they only get rec for 2 hours and that is every other day if they are lucky. I'm so over this Covid lockdown.
Old 12-29-2020, 03:01 AM

Hi! Thanks for your answer ... itís really fucked me up too. He have a tablet, so I thought ... maybe the Officers donít read the mails and forwarded them to him (every mail goes through this process - but this enormous delay isnít normal at all!). Securus seemed to work fine - on my side. Sooo - it must be prison related. Did you try it by snail mail from now on?

(Sry for my awful english - Iím from Germany)
Old 12-29-2020, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Hey!
Are there any problems with the tablets or Securus / Jpay? Or does it still work for others?!
Securus still works. I'm not sure about the specific unit you named but with my communications to two prisons I still receive mail/email just fine. The longest it took to receive an email once was 5days. A week to receive snail mail.
Old 12-29-2020, 10:55 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Hi! Thanks for your answer ... it’s really fucked me up too. He have a tablet, so I thought ... maybe the Officers don’t read the mails and forwarded them to him (every mail goes through this process - but this enormous delay isn’t normal at all!). Securus seemed to work fine - on my side. Sooo - it must be prison related. Did you try it by snail mail from now on?

(Sry for my awful english - I’m from Germany)

I've no problem receiving emails with my friend in AZ, but it' also another facility and not row.

If you want try to send snail mail, cuz you worry, get you an jmail.cc account - it works pretty fast since you are in BLN.... I'm from Vienna and use it since the pandemic.
Old 12-29-2020, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauri23 View Post
I've no problem receiving emails with my friend in AZ, but it' also another facility and not row.

If you want try to send snail mail, cuz you worry, get you an jmail.cc account - it works pretty fast since you are in BLN.... I'm from Vienna and use it since the pandemic.
You mean Jpay.com - or?! I have a account there. But I only can choose „Email“ and if I choose that, I got the pop-up that I need to switch to Securus.

Last edited by Miri_; 12-29-2020 at 04:36 PM..
Old 12-29-2020, 11:09 PM
here

There was a "riot" in the Cook unit a few weeks ago, so all of Eyman has been in and out of lockdown because of it. There's info in this thread about the incident.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=723701

Old 12-30-2020, 01:51 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
You mean Jpay.com - or?! I have a account there. But I only can choose „Email“ and if I choose that, I got the pop-up that I need to switch to Securus.

No just in case you want to try to send snail mail - jmail.cc there you can send snail mail, this company print letters and if he replies to it they scan letters and you get it in a virtual mailbox. That is just an option when Jpay has issues or for whatever reason :-) ! You can print letters, pics etc. I use emails like you do through Securus (is the mothers company from Jpay) but before they got tablets I used to write through snail mail (Jmail.cc)
Old 12-30-2020, 01:52 AM

Hi! Thanks for the link. Yes, I noticed that too - but it was a month ago and we had regular contact at the beginning of December as if nothing had happened. I don't have a lot of experience with this system :-( Is it normal that a lockdown comes so late and then lasts for so long?
Old 12-30-2020, 02:02 AM
Donation Award 

You'll never know how long it takes it's out of our control! So yeah it can happen all the time, lockdowns, riots all that..... :-/ ! I deal with that shit for 8 years and I understand if you are starting to worry, you'd have the option when you set up an account there. At least for myself it makes it more comfortable. But in my friend's facility I never had really issues... it depends always on the state as well facility. Even when they where on lock down I had to trouble to get snail mails, no matter the state (AZ and Midwest)
Old 12-30-2020, 02:55 AM

Oh man, I already saw how complicated they make it for us. I’ll try Jailmail. Thanks for the tip!

PS: The problem is that every mail and every letter must be read (not just scanned). That's why I thought it was the staff over Christmas ... maybe because of Covid. But for soooo long time ....

Last edited by Miri_; 12-30-2020 at 03:06 AM..
Old 12-30-2020, 12:05 PM

Hey guys, I ask the staff and got these answer ... just for all of us who have pp‘s in AZ :-)

Hello,
There have been intermittent issues with electronic messaging recently. Please see the message below received from JPay/Securus:

Arizona Department of Corrections and JPay have contracted together to provide media and communication services. As with any technology, there are unforeseen issues that may arise from time to time. When these issues arise JPay works diligently to provide updates and resolutions. Our goal is to provide a stable and user-friendly service.