Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEVADA > Nevada Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nevada Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Nevada prison & jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:51 PM

Default Hdsp mail-is mail backed up there?

I sent my bf a letter LAST Wednesday and he still hasn't recieved it. Is mail really backed up at HDSP now? Does anyone know? I thought it may be because it's getting close to the holiday and all.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2008, 05:17 PM
he's comin' home

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasgirl1990 View Post
I sent my bf a letter LAST Wednesday and he still hasn't recieved it. Is mail really backed up at HDSP now? Does anyone know? I thought it may be because it's getting close to the holiday and all.
I would use the Jpay system right now. My husband just got a letter on thursday that was dated 12/2/08 and two others from November 22nd. I write at least two letters (Jpays) a day EVERYDAY, and he had a monday and tuesday with no mail from me at all this past week. He was in a complete panic. So yeah the mail seems to be a bit messed up but the Jpays are getting there, just slower than usual.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:45 AM

jpay jpay jpay!!. my husband told me this morning, that mail handed out was posted for the 15th and earlier.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:25 PM

Unhappy

does anyone know if mail is still backed up?!
i wrote my BF two letters from like the 14-17 and he still hasnt gotten neither one of them
does anyone know?
do they hand out mail on the weekends too???
Old 12-29-2008, 12:54 PM
he's comin' home

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasgirl1990 View Post
does anyone know if mail is still backed up?!
i wrote my BF two letters from like the 14-17 and he still hasnt gotten neither one of them
does anyone know?
do they hand out mail on the weekends too???
Mail is whacked out. My man has recieved mail on each day but sunday. The co's in his unit pass out mail m-F and some saturdays... they collect mail sunday thru friday to be sent out. (this is in his unit) I think it is starting to ease up cause I sent him a jPay on friday morning the he got friday night as well as other snail mail letters from the 15th and 16th and the 22nd. so it has to be picking up some.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:11 AM

haven't received mail for over 2 wks.. Is this normal? my friend is in Bldg.5 if that matters. Do they not let them mail letters when there is a lockdown at HDSP? I got a letter from a guy in Kern Valley and he said they were on lockdown and got another one a wk. or so later and he said they were on lockdown still, so I did get mail from HIM. Don't know how that works. Thanx!
Old 03-04-2009, 03:52 AM

I'm not sure what is going on.. but my bf (he's at High Desert) says that they have a new warden. Maybe there are new rules being implemented. So far... I've been receiving his mail on time (usually takes 2-3 days), BUT HE SAYS ITS BEEN OVER 2 WEEKS SINCE HE'S RECEIVED ANY LETTERS FROM ME!! I must have sent him over a dozen letters by now, but now he's really sad and stressing about it, thinking that I've forgotten about him!
Old 03-06-2009, 09:27 PM

my boy Matt is at HDSP. I will be talking to him on the phone shortly so I will ask him. I use jpay a lot and they usually get to him the same day I send them HOWEVER, he called me yesterday a bit worried because he hadnt heard from me in a week and I said 'what??' because I had sent 3 or 4 jpay letters. Anyway I called some people and lets just say the emails in question were delivered promptly not long after.

anyway like I said, I will ask Matty when I speak to him. sorry youre going through that

Amanda
Old 03-10-2009, 05:05 PM

in case anyone was wondering, ive spoken to matt a few times and based on what mail he has received from me I would say mail is definitely back up by about 10 days. he only just received something I sent him back on feb 18th

amanda
Old 03-30-2009, 12:44 PM

My last two Jpay emails have not been received either. One dates back weeks. I have given up that he will ever get it. It is ridiculous. Snail mail also never received. I think I will call the postmaster. It is still U.S. mail and should be treated as such.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:17 PM
Living thru letters

Hiya jpay mail is not available from the UK damn, I have not received any mail from HDSp since 10th March i dont know if he is getting mine. But im feeling a bit concerned about n mail from him for three weeks, I normally get 2 letters a week.

One love