Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Illinois should be posted here.

Old 09-19-2019, 12:21 PM

Default Parole first day questions

Hi, my LO was given a 1 year sentence (time served) with 1 year MSR. It is our understanding that he’ll be transferred to statesville and be processed in and and out same day. He’ll be taken to the parole office for them to call his host site, etc.
1. Does the parole office have to call a landline or can they call a cellphone?
2. What happens if they call the landline and no one is home?

He’s freaking out because we thought this would happen today but he hasn’t left county yet and tomorrow everyone has plans and no one will be home until later in the day.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2019, 03:18 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meami1 View Post
Hi, my LO was given a 1 year sentence (time served) with 1 year MSR. It is our understanding that he’ll be transferred to statesville and be processed in and and out same day. He’ll be taken to the parole office for them to call his host site, etc.

He’s freaking out because we thought this would happen today but he hasn’t left county yet and tomorrow everyone has plans and no one will be home until later in the day.
Hi! Is he on EM? They can call a cell phone.

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”

Old 09-24-2019, 01:43 AM
Lifer Found Suitable

Quote:

Sorry, please set me straight... I thought your man went home two months ago, what is MSR and why is he in county jail??

Old 09-24-2019, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408MoonGem View Post
Sorry, please set me straight... I thought your man went home two months ago, what is MSR and why is he in county jail??

Yea, it’s messy. Last year he was arrested while he was on parole and he was sent back to prison. His time ended in July while he still had a pending case so he was released from state prison, sent to county, released on house arrest for 2 months. Once his case was resolved 2 weeks ago he returned to county, was sent to state prison for 1 day to be processed in and out on the same day. MSR is mandatory supervised release - Illinois “parole” system
The Following User Says Thank You to Meami1 For This Useful Post:
408MoonGem (09-25-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 02:40 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Yea, it’s messy. Last year he was arrested while he was on parole and he was sent back to prison. His time ended in July while he still had a pending case so he was released from state prison, sent to county, released on house arrest for 2 months. Once his case was resolved 2 weeks ago he returned to county, was sent to state prison for 1 day to be processed in and out on the same day. MSR is mandatory supervised release - Illinois “parole” system
But, PRAISE, it’s over now! So happy for you guys. Jesse just completed a contract and is earning 37 days good time so when his outdate updates it’ll be a needed morale boost.

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”